rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RSV / RSVR / FACTORY > Technical Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Badgers Box ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
Author
Admins Group
Admins Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spoonz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2012 at 22:00
Originally posted by wigginsjp wigginsjp wrote:

Right. So just to be sure, I won't gain much if any by an air box mod and flapper mod, if I have a Gen 2 model with a PC, can's, k&n.
If so I will just ride the thing rather than tweaking. 

You could try a hi flow air filter as you have the other mods but if you have a custom map it might ideally need a tweak if you make intake mods.

re the flapper, rather than rip it out, to satisfy the itch disconnect the vac hose that runs to the activation valve on the right side of the air intake duct under the clocks. (Make sure you plug the vac hose with something or the bike will run rough, i used a little bolt wound in)

By doing that the flap always stays open as that is the vac failure default position (you will likely hear it clonk open when you remove the hose unless it sat for ages). Then ride it and see if you notice any difference good or bad now it is open all the time. Based on what you feel decide whether to rip it out completely or leave it disconnected but installed or reconnect.

I wanted to find out myself to satisfy the what if and that is how i did it.
martuk View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2012 at 22:38
Dialling in the suspension will give you more
█╬╬╬╬(•)i¯i▀▀▀▀▀█Ξ███████████████████████████████)
wigginsjp View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wigginsjp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2012 at 20:51
Suspension is on my list. Previous owner had it done but sadly I have no idea of his weight etc so will do it again. 
wigginsjp View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wigginsjp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2012 at 13:56

You could try a hi flow air filter as you have the other mods but if you have a custom map it might ideally need a tweak if you make intake mods.

I have seen an Evo kit for a gen 2 model. I already have a K&N fitted so will I see an improvement using the Evo kit?  It's basically a rubber ring and another Hi flow air filter. 
redratbike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2012 at 14:17
Originally posted by wigginsjp wigginsjp wrote:

It's basically a rubber ring and another Hi flow air filter. 

the idea is it increases the volume of the airbox capacity hence allowing the engine to breath better

www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk
w00dzy View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote w00dzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2013 at 21:12
Whats the best air filter to use with this?
foxy View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foxy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2013 at 08:49
I have an airbox off an 02 Mille, with larger air intake off a 99 Mille, with sealing foam attached, and a K+N filter with foam on top to hold it in place with no airbox lid. I used it on my old bike. The filter will need a clean. £30 + whatever postage is.
Greg 1953 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg 1953 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2013 at 09:14
Can someone explain why I can't see the photos ? all I get is a small white square with a red cross in it.
Greg
w00dzy View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote w00dzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2013 at 14:40
Ready for the dremel?

What do you think? Planning to cut just above the tape.

This is the filter I had and will be using..

redratbike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2013 at 15:48
i'd leave the bit above the filter to hold it in place

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
v60rsvr View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote v60rsvr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2013 at 19:07
i recognise that lid! when i did my airbox mod stuck 2 layers of foam on top of filter to hold in place on underside of tank.
bigbrownepaul View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigbrownepaul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2013 at 19:11
[QUOTE=Monkeydog]high density armourflex pipe lagging, no need for vaseline, oil/fuel resistant and fire retardent..

[/QUOTE

Has anyone tried this route with the armourflex? looks like a really simple solution with nil faffing abooot?

Paul
No bike 🙈

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
w00dzy View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote w00dzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2013 at 19:35
If I leave the bit above it doesn't come down far enough..
w00dzy View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote w00dzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2013 at 21:13
Pipe lagging looks good, might make the box a bit smaller though defeating the object..

And also might find it hard fitting the filter in?

I'm starting to think a mix between evo and renegade would be good as my filter doesn't look like it will fit well..

Yes the cuts are rough for now..

And I will need to fit the box upper thats been cut, fix with the bolts, then use silicone sealant to ensure air tight around the bolt hole areas..

However it does now have a great seal against the tank even without the foam tube I have ordered to run inside the seal.

Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigbrownepaul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2013 at 20:38
Nice work mate
Thumbs Up
No bike 🙈

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
wigginsjp View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wigginsjp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2013 at 13:21
What have you guys used to get the sitcky residue/glue off left when you peel the foam off from under the tank? Its a right arse to remove. WD40 does not seem to make a dent. 
Ta
w00dzy View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote w00dzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2013 at 12:03
Try some sort of solvent maybe? Mine was already done fortunately. The tall filter I have defo doesnt fit which is a pain.

Anyone have a smaller k&n filter?
wigginsjp View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wigginsjp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2013 at 13:58
Yes a solvent but i'm not sure which one as I am concerned with damage to the tank or paintwork. Meths? 
w00dzy View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote w00dzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2013 at 19:47
I have gone for an MWR filter which seems to be working well..

Anyone interested in purchasing my 90% complete badger box mod?

comes with spare pipe and seal...

v60rsvr View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote v60rsvr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2013 at 19:52
my poor lid!!!!!Cry
w00dzy View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote w00dzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2013 at 19:53
I butchered it alright.. it will go to a good cause one day, hopefully soon to someone on here Thumbs Up
w00dzy View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote w00dzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2013 at 19:53
Just needs a small filter to go with it as the tall one I have didn't fit and I got an MWR filter for my Bday present
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigbrownepaul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2013 at 19:54
Hence getting shot of the evo as well!

So what did you do in the end?
No bike 🙈

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
w00dzy View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote w00dzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2013 at 20:00
http://www.roarfactory.co.uk/mwr-high-efficiency-air-filter-aprilia-rsv-mille-1997-2003
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigbrownepaul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2013 at 20:02
F**k me thats tasty, how does it sound compared to the evo?
No bike 🙈

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigbrownepaul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2013 at 20:03
Sorry mate that just made it onto my upgrade list, think I will be needing some quick release tank bolts to show it off when I park up!!!
No bike 🙈

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
w00dzy View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote w00dzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2013 at 20:04
Yeah, well chuffed mate..Not as deep and rumbly but just as loud Thumbs Up
w00dzy View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote w00dzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2013 at 20:07
Good stuff! I have a set of the quick release pins for my seat fitted and a set for my tank set aside waiting for a heli coil kit when I get round to it... It looks awesome next to gold rocker cover (soon to be cover*S* when I can get the front hex bolt out!!) Wink
Johnboy View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2013 at 20:23
Originally posted by Spoonz Spoonz wrote:

<DIV style="FONT: 10pt arial"><FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color=gray size=3><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; COLOR: gray; FONT-FAMILY: 'Comic Sans MS'">OK, here are some pics and a bit of explanation</SPAN><?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<DIV =Section1>

<P =Msonormal><FONT face="Times New Roman" size=3><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt"> <o:p></o:p></SPAN>

<P =Msonormal><FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color=gray size=3><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; COLOR: gray; FONT-FAMILY: 'Comic Sans MS'">standard filter and K&N showing the lid that needs to be sealed to the K&N</SPAN><o:p></o:p>

<P =Msonormal><FONT face="Times New Roman" size=3><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt"> <o:p></o:p></SPAN>

<P =Msonormal><FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color=gray size=3><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; COLOR: gray; FONT-FAMILY: 'Comic Sans MS'">Here you can see the difference in height as the K&N needs the extra height to allow the tank to hold it in place

<P =Msonormal></SPAN>
<o:p></o:p>

<FONT face="Times New Roman" size=3><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt"> <o:p></o:p></SPAN>

<P =Msonormal><FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color=gray size=3><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; COLOR: gray; FONT-FAMILY: 'Comic Sans MS'">next 2 shows the sticky backed foam to use, if you can find that it is better IMO as you can shape it with a </SPAN><?: prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:City><st1:place><FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color=gray><SPAN style="COLOR: gray; FONT-FAMILY: 'Comic Sans MS'">stanley</SPAN></st1:place></st1:City><FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color=gray><SPAN style="COLOR: gray; FONT-FAMILY: 'Comic Sans MS'"> blade</SPAN><o:p></o:p>

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color=gray size=3><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; COLOR: gray; FONT-FAMILY: 'Comic Sans MS'">

this shows the foam build up around the front of the tank, you can see quite clearly the vaseline used to create a perfect seal</SPAN><o:p></o:p>

<P =Msonormal><FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color=gray size=3><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; COLOR: gray; FONT-FAMILY: 'Comic Sans MS'">this shows the two layers of foam attached to the top of the airbox, with a further build up at the back to accomodate the slight gap there is at the back of the tank, you need to remove the foil from the underside of the tank.</SPAN><o:p></o:p>

<P =Msonormal><FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color=gray size=3><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; COLOR: gray; FONT-FAMILY: 'Comic Sans MS'">this shows the back of the tank with the extra layers of foam needed, once you fit them you trim to size with a blade so you have a good seal at the back of the tank</SPAN><o:p></o:p>

<P =Msonormal><FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color=gray size=3><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; COLOR: gray; FONT-FAMILY: 'Comic Sans MS'">shows the two layers of foam, you can see the outer one has been compressed where the tank touches it</SPAN><o:p></o:p>

<P =Msonormal><FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color=gray size=3><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; COLOR: gray; FONT-FAMILY: 'Comic Sans MS'">shows the underside of the tank, you can see the vaseline marks where the seals are touching the tank</SPAN><o:p></o:p>

<P =Msonormal><FONT face="Times New Roman" size=3><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt"> </SPAN>

<P =Msonormal><FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color=gray size=3><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; COLOR: gray; FONT-FAMILY: 'Comic Sans MS'">again showing the build up of foam at the back</SPAN><o:p></o:p>

<P =Msonormal><FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color=gray size=3><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; COLOR: gray; FONT-FAMILY: 'Comic Sans MS'">showing the filter in situ</SPAN><o:p></o:p>

<P =Msonormal><FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color=gray size=3><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; COLOR: gray; FONT-FAMILY: 'Comic Sans MS'">There you go, any more questions ask away as long as the are not Irish!!</SPAN><o:p></o:p>

<P =Msonormal><FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color=gray size=3><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; COLOR: gray; FONT-FAMILY: 'Comic Sans MS'">Badger</SPAN><o:p></o:p>

Can't see read or smell any of that!!
Have you got a Russian PC off Delboy?? Mange tou Rodney Mange Tou!!
w00dzy View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote w00dzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2013 at 21:09
Lol
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
  Share Topic