rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RSV / RSVR / FACTORY > Technical Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Badgers Box ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2013 at 21:51
Hate to spoil the party but my pal raced and won many thundersports races with a Tuono, and commented that unless you were doing 130+ mph the split air box made shag all difference.
So what's the fuss boys?
w00dzy View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote w00dzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2013 at 22:18
What do you mean by split air box? Standard compared to modified or aftermarket?
Johnboy View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2013 at 21:06
Originally posted by w00dzy w00dzy wrote:

What do you mean by split air box? Standard compared to modified or aftermarket?

Basically the top split and removed like an Evo box, yep.
legend88 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2013 at 12:51
Originally posted by Bollokchops Bollokchops wrote:

heres my airbox mod used the top part of the air box and cut the front off to slope it up to maximise the seal,i used 29mm door rubber that fits perfectly to the rim of the airbox no need to glue ebay number 320636044837,as you can see ive also used the top part to cut out the bracket to hold the filter in place, alot more secure.i got some silicone sealent from a dive shop to further enhance the seal to the tank and also purchased a k&n filter, all in £38.00

Hi Bollokchops, Is the 29mm dimension of the seal you mention including the lip that pushes onto the rim of the airbox or is the seal diameter itself 29mm. Hope my question is clear!

Cheers,

stevemoss View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevemoss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2013 at 13:20
i was wondering the same, got an array of door rubbers and not sure which one to use?!
scoobmonkee View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scoobmonkee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2013 at 13:33
I looked and the rear boot seal from a vw golf should be a good bet Wink
stevemoss View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevemoss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2013 at 14:26
Originally posted by scoobmonkee scoobmonkee wrote:

I looked and the rear boot seal from a vw golf should be a good bet Wink

got loads of them!! ;)
Bollokchops View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bollokchops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2013 at 16:43
Hi guys this is the seal I used ebay item 221159424174
Botm July :)
legend88 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2013 at 11:19
That's great Bollokchops, thanks. Your mod looks quality with a great saving over buying an EVO kit and it makes sure the filter is retained positively as well.
legend88 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2013 at 18:19

http://www.roarfactory.co.uk/mwr-high-efficiency-air-filter-aprilia-rsv-mille-1997-2003

Also love the look of this that w00dzy used if I can justify the cost.

Any comments on the effectiveness of this one and does this give the same improvement as the EVO system. It seems like a mix of the EVO and the Renegade?

redratbike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2013 at 19:22
Originally posted by legend88 legend88 wrote:

http://www.roarfactory.co.uk/mwr-high-efficiency-air-filter-aprilia-rsv-mille-1997-2003

Also love the look of this that w00dzy used if I can justify the cost.

Any comments on the effectiveness of this one and does this give the same improvement as the EVO system. It seems like a mix of the EVO and the Renegade?

he just sold it

www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk
legend88 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2013 at 20:12
Originally posted by redratbike redratbike wrote:

he just sold it

That's interesting as he seemed to like it. Do you know why?

Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bollokchops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2013 at 20:54

That's great Bollokchops, thanks. Your mod looks quality with a great saving over buying an EVO kit and it makes sure the filter is retained positively as well.
mate if you need any advice give us a shout :)
legend88 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2013 at 15:06

Did you put any foam inside the rubber seal as I have seen mentioned and do you think this improved things? If so what did you use?

legend88 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2013 at 15:54

Did you put any foam inside the rubber seal as I have seen mentioned and do you think this improved things? If so what did you use?

Oh, and did you use part of the airbox lid to create an upstand to mount the seal on (I have seen someone else do this) or did you just push the seal onto the recess in the lower part of the box? Its is a little difficulty to tell in the photograph as the seal hides it.

Thanks,

Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bollokchops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2013 at 16:50
The seal I used pushes straight onto the lower part nice and easy without the need to glue,I've git loads of the foam tubing here if you private message me your address ill send some to you :)
legend88 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2013 at 22:04

Can anyone offer advice on the best way to remove the foam on the underside of the tank? Its solid on there with no sign of coming away so can it be left in place or is it likely to start coming off once the EVO is in use?

Will try heating with hairdryer first to see if it comes off in one piece

Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2013 at 22:40

Can anyone offer advice on the best way to remove the foam on the underside of the tank? Its solid on there with no sign of coming away so can it be left in place or is it likely to start coming off once the EVO is in use?

Will try heating with hairdryer first to see if it comes off in one piece

use a solvent..and if you have a cough/ hiccup through the now open throttle bodies do you want the foam catching a light...or falling into the throttle bodies and jamming them open...scrape it off then nail varnish removers or thinners

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
nc30pete View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nc30pete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2013 at 11:46
Car / trade cellulose thinners is fine as redrat bike advised - I used it and its fine - it's the ethanol which messes up the tanks on these bikes lol
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2013 at 20:08
Mine was looking as good as when it left the factory but I thought it best to remove it just in case,I found waiting till the wife was out shopping then using her hair dryer on it did the trick.

I was a bit skeptical about heat on a half full tank but it worked surprisingly well,just soften it enough to lift one corner away then move the heat along whilst pulling the free corner and you should find it peels off totally cleanly leaving minimal glue residue behind.
www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk

Looking forward to the next track day
legend88 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2013 at 14:32

[/QUOTE]  if you have a cough/ hiccup through the now open throttle bodies do you want the foam catching a light...or falling into the throttle bodies and jamming them open...scrape it off then nail varnish removers or thinners[/QUOTE]

Not really! - Better safe than sorry I guess, thanks.
legend88 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2013 at 21:12
Originally posted by IanG IanG wrote:

Mine was looking as good as when it left the factory but I thought it best to remove it just in case,I found waiting till the wife was out shopping then using her hair dryer on it did the trick.

I was a bit skeptical about heat on a half full tank but it worked surprisingly well,just soften it enough to lift one corner away then move the heat along whilst pulling the free corner and you should find it peels off totally cleanly leaving minimal glue residue behind.

Just like removing vinyls/stickers - I'll give it a try first

Thanks.
bigbrownepaul View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigbrownepaul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2014 at 18:35
okay ordered the seal going for it this weekend, 
No bike 🙈

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
The Shredder View Drop Down
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Shredder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2016 at 11:51
Interesting stuff,

I will deffo be removing this foam!

Theres me trying to save it by spray laq all over it thinking it was important LOL
jackeroo View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackeroo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2016 at 19:42
Hi ppl i am new here just looking to buy gen 1 rsvr and the owner tells me the starter solenoid and relay went he replaced with genuine 2nd hand bits now there's a fault code does anyone know what this is and how to fix as it may stop me from buying the bike cheers jack.
j lewis-clowry
jackeroo View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackeroo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2016 at 20:21
sorry i don't know what it is off handConfused
j lewis-clowry
Spoonz View Drop Down
Admins Group
Admins Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Spoonz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2016 at 20:27
You need to ask the question.

There are 50 odd fault codes that range from bad news to easy fix. There is no way to guess which of the 50 it is likely to be.

The odd thing is that fault codes don't automatically show on the dash, you have to put the dash into diag mode to see them which is not something you would normally do unless the bike had some symptoms.

So it might be an efi warning which would display in normal running and not an electrical fault. Either way ask the question as to the nature of the fault before you do anything else.
jackeroo View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackeroo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2016 at 21:43
thanks for swift response i will ask the question and see what he says i will be back to ask more when i no more thanks pplSmile
j lewis-clowry
jackeroo View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackeroo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2016 at 21:44
i will ask the question and be back to see if anyone can help thanks spoonz
j lewis-clowry
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2016 at 23:17
Originally posted by jackeroo jackeroo wrote:

i will ask the question and be back to see if anyone can help thanks spoonz
jacker oo

I had already moved the post..

To here

http://rsvr.net/fault-code-help-please_topic21630.html

Didn't quite get the asking for fault code help on a post about EPROMs?????.

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
  Share Topic