rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RSV / RSVR / FACTORY > Technical Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Badgers Box ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RSVGazP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2008 at 17:36
Finally got round to doing my box Badger...nice easy mod, not sanded the tank yet but will at some stage to release the lions roar...LOL

It can't rain all the time!!
studly View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote studly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2008 at 10:46
Thinking of doing this mod as well, just a couple of questions.
Probably stupid ones at that.---
1) Why do you have to sand the tank and why, if possible a picture please.
2) which filter to buy and where.
3) is the foam build up on top of thye air box or on the sides and up, I have not taken my tank off yet to look so unsure from just looking at pics.
4) will i need to have it set up on a dyno , running with a sports chip and shotguns at the present.
thanks for all the wisdom you give a leaner.Star
RSVGazP View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RSVGazP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2008 at 16:22
Originally posted by studly studly wrote:

Thinking of doing this mod as well, just a couple of questions.
Probably stupid ones at that.---
1) Why do you have to sand the tank and why, if possible a picture please.

I didn't bother with this, but i believe its basically ripping off the sound proofing and sanding all of the adhesive to let rip the induction roar.  It's not a necessity.

2) which filter to buy and where.

I used a K&N, loads on ebay

3) is the foam build up on top of thye air box or on the sides and up, I have not taken my tank off yet to look so unsure from just looking at pics.

On the side

4) will i need to have it set up on a dyno , running with a sports chip and shotguns at the present.

Don't think so but could be wrong.

thanks for all the wisdom you give a leaner.Star
Hope this helps, assume you riding older model as this doesn't work for anything over an 03.
Gaz
Wink

studly View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote studly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2008 at 17:10
thanks for that,
 sorry its a 98-2000 rsvr
arryace View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arryace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2008 at 23:11
i am all for DIY and saving your hard earned cash but i have some concerns
  • is this foam petrol, oil, heat resistant?
  • are the adhesive and sealers used resistant also?

the air will be full of oil vapour when the engine is running which is nasty stuff not to mention the possibility of contact between petrol and the foam and heat has to be taken into consideration

the type of foam being used IMO will deteriorate and when this happens the foam will lose its flexibility and crumble turning to dust then the dust will end up inside your engine

another concern is fire. is the foam flame retardant?

if your insistent in using the foam i would suggest using instant gasket on the surface that contacts with the tank as this is obviously resistant to anything it will encounter

personally the foam used is not a material i would want any where near my induction system

Rossi what do you think of Toselands first race?
"he a ride a like a superbike rider"
studly View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote studly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2008 at 18:48
Got  round to doing the air box mod today, went well, took out for a play to check all was ok, love the sound.
Fitted my Arrow shotguns back on, minus the 'not for road use'Big%20smile maerkings on.

Last week did the 16/44 tooth mod, oh my god what a difference, Thumbs%20Up managed to use the 108 link chain just, its got a tight spot which is a shame, so am fitting a new 110 link chain at the weekend.

Thanks for all the advice, off to the Dutch TT at the end of the month, hope its dry this year(always seems to rain) on the weds night overnight ferry from Harwich.
Might see some of you there.

RSVGazP View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RSVGazP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2008 at 20:30
Good man.  I did the 16/44 the other week and what a transformation.  Getting addicted to power wheelies Embarrassed.  Was surprised at the induction noise from the box mod, love it.  Managed to find a bit of spare cash so I talked myself into a No-Toil DT1 race filter and frame from Italoparts.  IMO a snip at £110 inc P&P and have heard some good feedback on these Thumbs%20Up.
Gaz

badger View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member
orange juice and lemonade pls!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2008 at 21:38
Arryace..........i have done 18k of miles with this mod and it never turned to dust or caused a fireball, also the best kit on the market made by Homer Ewe is foam, stop fretting manWink

Edited by badger - 12 Jun 2008 at 21:40
Sabre View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Ex Copper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sabre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2008 at 10:15
Originally posted by badger badger wrote:

Arryace..........i have done 18k of miles with this mod and it never turned to dust or caused a fireball, also the best kit on the market made by Homer Ewe is foam, stop fretting manWink
LOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

arryace View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arryace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2008 at 20:45
Originally posted by badger badger wrote:

not fretting just dont enter lightly into these things
people spend hundreds on modding their bikes then wack on a bit of sticky back plastic in a blue peter stylee
LOLLOLLOLClap
Rossi what do you think of Toselands first race?
"he a ride a like a superbike rider"
Sabre View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Ex Copper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sabre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2008 at 15:25
I tried a BB at the wek end - just to see.

The original "EVO" system is basically a metal ring shaped to screw into the top of the bottom half of the standard air box and a rubber sealing flange. Very simple in construction so....

I bought a camping mat from Halfords to use as a seal. I took the original air box lid , drew around it on to the mat to give me an outline and then cut off the sealing edge. This became my "piece of metal" or ring. I then drew another line around the one already drawn on the mat one inch out from the original one. Now for the scissors - careful children - and cut out the outside shape.. I then secured this to the air box base  by using the "ring" and the original screws. I then trimmed away the inside of the flange with a stanley knife.  Cut out some mat packing for the air filter and a tub of air filter sealant and I was ready to rock. Once fitted and the seal checked , I fired her up. Works a treat! Just the same as my original EVO for the price a camping mat from Halfords. On the original EVO seal there is a fold back piece of rubber at the front of the airbox. This folds back upon itself to cure the gap at the front of the box. This was replicated on my mat outline.

Edited by Sabre - 19 Nov 2008 at 14:51

studly View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote studly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2008 at 10:54
how much are you loking at for your Reno copy.
cheers
2000 rsvr, 16/44 ,badgers box,k&n air filter, gold rad. covers, arrow shotguns with chip. Ginalli end can for a change.
Sabre View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Ex Copper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sabre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2008 at 14:35
£60 to cover the cost of filters plus postage

v60rsvr View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote v60rsvr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2008 at 11:05
did the airbox mod the other day 9 quid all in ,sound proofing came off in one piece lovely tight fit as tank slid over camping mat ! looads of vaseline !! now waiting for it to stop pissin down!!!
redratbike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2008 at 21:23
Sabre ,

did you take any pics of the camping mat mod,i cant visulize it in my poor head

thanks Mark
Monkeydog View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monkeydog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2008 at 14:24
high density armourflex pipe lagging, no need for vaseline, oil/fuel resistant and fire retardent..

Quitting while you're ahead
Aint the same as quitting
Sabre View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Ex Copper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sabre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2008 at 14:52
Originally posted by redratbike redratbike wrote:

Sabre ,

did you take any pics of the camping mat mod,i cant visulize it in my poor head

thanks Mark

take a look at the last two posts here.

Sorry its taken so long.Embarrassed

Hollow Man View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollow Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2008 at 15:29
heres my DT1, just for reference like , I did the DIY first then got this one as i liked the look of it and it was different . Excuse the remnants of the DIY filter, they have now gone...LOL

Edited by Hollow Man - 19 Nov 2008 at 15:30
It Can't Rain All The Time!!
tuono majic View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tuono majic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2011 at 22:14
hi have the pictures been removed for badgers box as im wanting to do this mod?
Sabre View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Ex Copper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sabre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2011 at 09:55

Leepants View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leepants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2012 at 12:15
Sabre - I see no pics!
Sabre View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Ex Copper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sabre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2012 at 12:28
Lee Pants, you are right. I cant either! Dunno why that is . Spoony!!!!

Spoonz View Drop Down
Admins Group
Admins Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spoonz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2012 at 13:04
The site that hosted the pics is long gone.

Not sure if i stll have the pics now, will check
Leepants View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leepants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2012 at 13:09
Cheers, Spoonz Smile
Leepants View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leepants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2012 at 08:30
Reet - NOW I'm struggling to get hold of the sodding foam stuff..... TRYING to locate some "heat and solvent and oil and fuel resistant" stuff. Am I thinking too much? Any ideas on where I can find / get the fancy stuff or just normal sticky backed, 7mm thick foam?

Ta!  :)
Sabre View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Ex Copper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sabre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2012 at 09:02
Try a camping mat from Halfords - no really!

Leepants View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leepants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2012 at 09:18
I saw that, Sabre!  I work in an environment where we have LOTS of taht sort of stuff knocking about, so Ima hunt some down today. What did you use to "stick" it together / to the box?  Ta!  :)
v60rsvr View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote v60rsvr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2012 at 14:04
i used camping mat 2 years ago still fine remember to put couple of pieces on top of kn filter
Leepants View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leepants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2012 at 15:19
Gotcha.  Thanks! :)

I WILL have plenty spare after I've done it, so if anyone else wants any when I'm done, let me know and I'll send it :)
martuk View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2012 at 10:15
Do you need to fold the front to block the part were the tank meets the head stock area on a Gen 2?
The pics don,t seam to clear?
Got my 2nd hand box ready to butcher :)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
  Share Topic