rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RSV / RSVR / FACTORY > General Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Als RSV Project

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Al_Rsv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 18:54
Bike now mot'd & back on the road. Soooo glad to be riding again & looking forward to getting used to the Mille. I must admit I had a bit of a sore neck & wrist from the clutch after riding it the long way home. Sure this will get better after a week or so of riding.
....& already looking at mods!
What would peoples opinion of first mod be? Front sprocket of forza chip?
Thanks
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 19:08
Sprockets.
Al_Rsv View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Al_Rsv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 19:37
Thanks Hemi, would I get away with going down to a 16t sprocket on the front keeping the standard chain & rear? From what I have googled it is a yes but just want to check before ordering.
Thanks again
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 22:39
Yes you will be fine.
Al_Rsv View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Al_Rsv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2017 at 13:02
16T Talon front sprocket & Forza FR100 Eprom chip ordered from Aprilia Performance.
Thats next weekends jobs list to do.
Al_Rsv View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Al_Rsv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2018 at 02:48
Just a quick update.
Have been getting used to to & enjoying the Italian twin for the last few months. Feel guilty for riding in the winter months however I don't drive a car so main made of transport. After the best part of a year putting her back together it all feels worth it. Planning a few upgrades for spring. Mainly clutch slave upgrade. I have a dodgy wrist & still feeling it after the 3 mile filtering home from work. I've noticed some cheap £70 jobs come up on eBay. Anyone tried one?
Cheers
Alan
simonb View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simonb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2018 at 04:53
Not sure if you mean your wrist hurts from the clutch or the bars,if it's the bars then a cheap fix that worked for me is to swap the clipons over so they sit more or less flat which i find a lot more comfortable.
Prsv View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prsv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2018 at 11:13
Got oberon slave on mine makes lever a lot lighter looks the part to.
Al_Rsv View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Al_Rsv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2018 at 10:44
Yes sorry meant the slave upgrade. I have noticed some cheaper version of the Oberon listed on eBay recently but for the sake of £20 might as well get the tried & tested part. I will add this to the list to do if it makes the clutch lever lighter.
Thanks for confirming
simonb View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simonb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2018 at 11:35
I have one of the Factory Racing ones on mine and it's good and you can buy seal rebuild kits from them,i rebuilt mine a couple of months ago trying to sort a problem which ended up being the master cylinder.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic