rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Chat > General Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sorry guys...tyre question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RSVFIFE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sorry guys...tyre question
    Posted: 14 Mar 2017 at 19:32
I know this has been done to death but needing new tyres as have two nails in my rear and seems like a good enough excuse to try metzelers , as not liking the Michelin pr3's much.

My question is...are M7rr a good all round tyre, as I ride in all condition, including heavy rain. So I guess I'm just wanting to know if they'll be good enough or should I look at the roadtec 01's?

Thanks again and sorry for starting another tyre thread

Glynn
redratbike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2017 at 20:04
According to everyone that uses them they are great in all weathers

there is a pair for sale right now on here for 185

Funny though I love my pr3's

www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk
RSVFIFE View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RSVFIFE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2017 at 20:40
Awesome thanks fella, I had the PR3's on my rsvr and loved them but for some reason not so much on the tuono.

Unfortunately I'm gonna have to try and get them tomorrow as only real spare time at the mo or else I would of been interested if n the ones I here.

Thanks again dude

Glynn
Sparky46 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparky46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2017 at 22:08
Originally posted by RSVFIFE RSVFIFE wrote:

Awesome thanks fella, I had the PR3's on my rsvr and loved them but for some reason not so much on the tuono.

Unfortunately I'm gonna have to try and get them tomorrow as only real spare time at the mo or else I would of been interested if n the ones I here.

Thanks again dude

Glynn

Hi Glynn,

I have them on my Gen 2 and I think they are the dugs nuts. Great in the dry and in 4 days of rain and standing water doing the NC500 they were faultless. I can't comment on freezing cold winter use though. Got about 3000 miles out of the rear. Ordered a new rear at the bike show for £119 and should be with me tomorrow. Think they were doing a set there for £219 up a bit on last year when I got them for £185. I am though going to try the roadtec 01 next time around to compare
Stevieonit View Drop Down
World Superbike Star
World Superbike Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevieonit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2017 at 06:47
I have continental road attack2 evo they are great in all weather
I'm onit !!!! 02 rsv & 10 R1
Www.smithsracing.co.uk
RSVFIFE View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RSVFIFE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2017 at 14:15
Originally posted by Sparky46 Sparky46 wrote:

Thanks again dude

Glynn

Hi Glynn,

I have them on my Gen 2 and I think they are the dugs nuts. Great in the dry and in 4 days of rain and standing water doing the NC500 they were faultless. I can't comment on freezing cold winter use though. Got about 3000 miles out of the rear. Ordered a new rear at the bike show for £119 and should be with me tomorrow. Think they were doing a set there for £219 up a bit on last year when I got them for £185. I am though going to try the roadtec 01 next time around to compare

Just back from getting them fitted up at strathern tyres in Crieff and must say only 40 odd miles but super impressed so far. Felt a lot better than the PR3 and more confident inspiring. So you got 3000 miles out the rear, then I'll probably get 6000 miles
. I'm not the fastest on two wheels so should be able to drag a few more miles out the rear
RSVFIFE View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RSVFIFE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2017 at 14:17
Originally posted by Stevieonit Stevieonit wrote:

I have continental road attack2 evo they are great in all weather

Must admit didn't even consider those to be honest. Will see how these go and maybe consider those next time if these don't fill me with a warm fuzzy feeling .
Sparky46 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparky46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2017 at 14:29

Originally posted by Sparky46 Sparky46 wrote:

Just back from getting them fitted up at strathern tyres in Crieff and must say only 40 odd miles but super impressed so far. Felt a lot better than the PR3 and more confident inspiring. So you got 3000 miles out the rear, then I'll probably get 6000 miles
. I'm not the fastest on two wheels so should be able to drag a few more miles out the rear

Haha I'm no speed freak either just do a lot of fudding around probably could have got another 500 miles but I'm changing wheels so no point really. Good lads up at strathearn there prices are pretty decent aswell. I found when I got them fitted I didn't even have to scrub them in, they were great from the off.
Mr Miller View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Miller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2017 at 14:43
PR3 best tyre I`ve had on for pissing rain but the M7rr`s a better all round tyre IMHO
which I can give you now without sounding like a
mercenary barsteward `cause I`ve got some to sell
Did ye go 180/55 or do you prefer the 190
If you find us in a hedge check the bike first please .. I`m free on the NHS...
dog78 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dog78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2017 at 15:56
http://www.btyres.co.uk/metzeler
All brands at great prices.
Mr Miller View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Miller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2017 at 16:43
And flat rate P&P @£7.50 no matter the size of the order ..
That`s really good ..
If you find us in a hedge check the bike first please .. I`m free on the NHS...
RSVFIFE View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RSVFIFE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2017 at 08:11
Originally posted by Mr Miller Mr Miller wrote:

PR3 best tyre I`ve had on for pissing rain but the M7rr`s a better all round tyre IMHO
which I can give you now without sounding like a
mercenary barsteward `cause I`ve got some to sell
Did ye go 180/55 or do you prefer the 190

I saw you had some for sale but needed it done yesterday unfortunately or else I would of snapped yours up

A 180/50 came on the bike and had a 190 fitted to my RSV if I remember right. Enjoyed the PR3 on the RSV but not on the tuono, not sure if it was the different size or not. So went 180/55, only did the small ride home so still need a bit more time but it felt a bit better and felt better in the corners. So we shall see but happy with the size with initial ride
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic