rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Chat > General Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rsv Nera wanted

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 23:32
Originally posted by Wolves-Chris Wolves-Chris wrote:

how do you post photos on here again? It's been a while.....

you need to use a hosting site like tinypic or similar if you are not  premium member.
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left
Zax View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2018 at 21:23
I may be in the market for the right nera after loosing out on one in the past 

Please pm me some details 

Dave
Hangry View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hangry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2018 at 23:04
didn't ap have one for sale a wile back? 
Or was I having a w.t dream again lol.
Wolves-Chris View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wolves-Chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2018 at 09:19
Yeah it was Griff's bike, I think he needed to sell it to free up the cash to buy some new bike lifts if I remember rightly! 
Ian View Drop Down
L Plates
L Plates

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2018 at 20:47
Hi Is this for sale
CarsOrBikes View Drop Down
World Superbike Star
World Superbike Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CarsOrBikes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2018 at 22:41

One of the few genuine Mondial Piega's, odo in miles too ;O) plus Mondial Invoice! For a while it was unregistered but I really wanted to use it a bit so in 2010 I had it registered and have run it in very considerately and have changed the oil and had a play around North Wales a few times.

There is one for sale ~£17k but I'm pretty sure it's been down, marked right peg they're reluctant to show a better pic of, wrong rear indicators, wrong bar ends, wrong clip ons. There's a race one for sale too for £20k, not for me.

I too want a Nera. I went to see one some years ago in Macclesfield and wrote my view of it on AF1 for the benefit of the members there, it was sh*t. So I want a proper original one, not some f**ked about with, bodge repaired, non genuine parts bin crap being passed of as upgrades haha.

Everythings for sale right? ;O)
World Superbike Star
World Superbike Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CarsOrBikes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2018 at 22:52
The other Mondial wasn't an RS it was an Evo, there's two of them, Ohlins forks, different fairing vents and colours, dark blue, very nice, tried finding one and did in a collection where there was one of each. Germany iirc.

Aside from the tank on the Nera, there's actually more carbon in fewer parts on the Mondial, and consider there is no plastic intake to support the front fairing, or metal subframe to support the seat unit. It's all self suporting seat module in carbon, plus the airbox is carbon which carries through the headstock and into the ram air port which the front fairing sits on and is again self supporting finished carbon for the mirrors. Quite wobbly and a little worrying at both ends, noises from the seat unit, and the front wobbling at low speed is disconcerting, but once away you'd soon forget that ;O)

The bike this is closest to in physical size is the Gen 1, but it weighs more like a 600, very long geared, best power in the top half, smooth, but in the last few it's just ace. The noise from the intakes under an alloy tank from within a carbon airbox and the enormous snout I can get my hand in and touch the headstock, combined with the exhaust, is quite pleasant really haha ;O)

World Superbike Star
World Superbike Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CarsOrBikes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2018 at 23:22
now it's in my mind haha, there were some others brought into the country some 6 years ago that took a while to sell, but not by Mondial. They've been assembled using parts that were left after the company was sold. They ran out of front fenders and rear plate hangers and indicator supports, the indicators themselves were like the gen 1, the ignition switch, levers, switches are also like gen 1 but no fast idle lever though, that's like a car choke down the side.

Anyway my point here is the later bikes aren't the same which is vital to an investor or just a buyer with the values being ok, that may not have the info. They also sold a black one for £22k which they called a final edition but this also wasn't Mondial's as per the originals that were originally shown. They still had the wrong items as above.

The original Mondial revival started back in '99 iirc, and the bikes homologated for WSB were as mine, and were the only bikes on Mondial's website, along with the Evo, which also showed the Starfighter and Nuda.

There were also the frame and engine numbers of 11 bikes missing/stolen/embezzled that the Italian authorities are looking for. Out of the 120 bikes first publicised, it is said that those actually assembled by Mondial were 35 but I'm not so sure, if it's accurate, then 11 were missing, mine could be one of 24 bikes. I have no idea about that.

The info in that regard came from a relatively new source of quite well researched information by Jason Cormier (I think) who runs a website called Oddbike. Jason added some slightly later information that I hadn't seen elsewhere. We exchanged a couple of emails regarding the bikes.

Feel free to read as you will, there is significant information about the collapse of Mondial after Roberto Ziletti's father passed away and he concentrated on the main business.

Cormier also mentions the antics of Andrew Wright who believed he had bought the firm after it's initial closure. The story of engine supply is nice, not quite as written in one of the reviews suggesting Mondial couldn't decide whether to use Suzuki or Honda, it was to be Suzuki period.

The trouble was Suzuki pulled out just weeks before the official launch. So Mondial asked Honda race team if they could borrow an engine, the story is that the race team manager went to Soichiro Honda who remembered the past very well, subsequently agreeing to supply the engine, and all the engines for mainstream production and for racing. No indecisiveness anywhere. The whole story is really long, all the relevant web pages are likely still there including the Mondial site proving the appearance of their original machines.

I have the box with the spare key, and pen, with parts book, and the cover. It has been stored a long time now, these are 15 years old already, but lovely.
World Superbike Star
World Superbike Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CarsOrBikes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2018 at 23:30
Sorry to go on ;O)
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2018 at 06:25
It's absolutely stunning, I've looked at buying one in the past but the planets never aligned for me. The last one I did see for sale was buy a company in the Norfolk area, there's a guy at the top of my friends street has one and it came with a complete brand new spare engine and ecu.
Wolves-Chris View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wolves-Chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2019 at 21:54
Hi, 

Did you decide on selling your Nera in the end?
I took mine to the Aprilia performance open day a few weeks back, mine was the only one there and i wondered if id see another, and it made me think back if you still had yours or not?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic