rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Chat > Your Bike
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2003 tuono Racing

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iomtuono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2003 tuono Racing
    Posted: 14 Feb 2017 at 14:51
Hi everyone

Just got myself a tuono racing. It's been through the mill and currently doesn't look like a racing.
Over the past few months I have sourced all the bits to make it look like a racing again.
Don't know how to add pictures or even if I can.

Paddedcell100 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddedcell100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2017 at 15:04
I use postimgage.org to post pictures on here, just upload them from your phone or pc and then click on "hotlink for forums" , which copies a link for you and then just paste into your post on heređź–’
Better to have something you don't need than need something you don't have....
NickyBoy1984 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Exhaust freak!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickyBoy1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2017 at 15:04
Yep you can add pics on here easy mate, go onto Photobucket or one of the equivalent sites and copy the link then paste in the thread on here...

Be nice to see another T Racing hehe.!

NickyBoy
www.rsvr.net
www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk
Iomtuono View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iomtuono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2017 at 15:23
][/URL]
Hope this works lol.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Exhaust freak!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickyBoy1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2017 at 15:26
Awesome parts haul Hehee....!!

NickyBoy
www.rsvr.net
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Iomtuono View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iomtuono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2017 at 15:33
Well yes ha ha.
All original bar the long belly pan however may be getting an original one today well maybe price depending lol. Also waiting for an original seat cowl which is on its way. Just got a vee piece from jollyscarbon. So it's getting there.
It's just the exhaust I need to sort out for the Manx test.
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2017 at 15:46
Good luck with the rebuild mate love a racing
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left
Iomtuono View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iomtuono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2017 at 15:59
Not sure how I am going to go with it.
It's high miles but got lots of nice bits. But decals and white wheels.
Iomtuono View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iomtuono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2017 at 20:04

The yellow decals are rubbish but the tail is together now so I am glad to have started.
Diablo View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Diablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2017 at 20:25
Looking forwards to seeing pics of it all together buddy Thumbs Up

That's a nice (and expensive looking) pile of carbon you have there... Approve

Question everything.
Iomtuono View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iomtuono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2017 at 22:00
Seeing as I was at it the decals aren't very good not like originals but I thought get then on then speak with image works. Looks okay from a distance but fit isn't great

Iomtuono View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iomtuono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2017 at 10:50
Just so you know I bought the decals off ebay.
Not image works. But I have been told to get image works to make up new ones
redratbike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2017 at 12:07

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Iomtuono View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iomtuono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2017 at 15:49
Indeed I keep seeing them bit rich for me unless I sell some bits.
Markymark67 View Drop Down
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Markymark67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2017 at 16:16
Hi buddy, I've just received a set of Akrapovic stickers from Image works, they look the business, fitted them today , went on a treat. I decided to try Image works after a certain Aprilia spares shop messed me about on my order. Time will tell as to how long they stay loking good for but keeping my fingers crossed. Would certainly use them again if I need any more decals, they even make them out of the foil like the originals.
Iomtuono View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iomtuono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2017 at 22:40
Originally posted by Markymark67 Markymark67 wrote:

Hi buddy, I've just received a set of Akrapovic stickers from Image works, they look the business, fitted them today , went on a treat. I decided to try Image works after a certain Aprilia spares shop messed me about on my order. Time will tell as to how long they stay loking good for but keeping my fingers crossed. Would certainly use them again if I need any more decals, they even make them out of the foil like the originals.

That's great thanks for the info
Iomtuono View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iomtuono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2017 at 12:40
Bit of update.
I have got all carbon bits now. So just fitting them to see if all is well before I start servicing.
I have noticed oil spots on the floor. So obviously leaking so.will look at that too.
Here is the seat cowl
Diablo View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2017 at 18:35
That looks nicely done mate, all bubble free Thumbs Up

You're ahead of me, I haven't decided on which decals to go with yet, let alone ordered them!

I will be going to Imageworks for them though.

And handy to know they do the foil Zorst decals as well (Markymark 67 Wink)
Question everything.
Iomtuono View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iomtuono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2017 at 04:45
Yeah it makes a difference when the cowl is in great condition. I did pay for that privalege. I know of a genuine racing cowl with decals but it's 190 euro. My bike is a genuine racing but it's never going to be a collectors condition. So just a nod towards its heritage. I am looking for a genuine seat unit in carbon as the 1 I have is not great.

Iomtuono View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iomtuono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2017 at 20:41
Bit of an update
I sold the seat cowl and all the short belly pans and the plain seat cowl.
I bought the original racing seat cowl just waiting for it to arrive. Wheels are off for powder coat.
Managed to level the exhausts so I can put the hangers on.
Bought a better oil cooler and some new rad guards.
It's going slowly was hoping to be further along but never mind.
Iomtuono View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iomtuono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2017 at 20:56
Diablo View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2017 at 21:14
It's great when it all starts to come together isn't it Thumbs Up

Question everything.
Iomtuono View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iomtuono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2017 at 21:20
Yeah it's taking a while but I bought a parts washer. So going to over use that ha ha.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Exhaust freak!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickyBoy1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2017 at 09:04
Coming along very nice hehe.!

NickyBoy
www.rsvr.net
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Iomtuono View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iomtuono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2017 at 20:50
Hey everyone.
Well found the oil culprit looks like valve cover seals leaking.
I sold the carbon seat cowl and got an original racing one with decals expensive.
Wheels powder coated white. Rads are off I had to take the exhaust off to get dog bone off. Engines a state I am cleaning as I go. If I had the ability the engine would be out and clean it.
My trouble is time I can't get enough of a run at it.
So hopefully 4 weeks and I will be taking it for the Manx test.
Any further progress I will post some pics
Iomtuono View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iomtuono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2017 at 14:46
Well haven't posted for a while on here the bike is nearly there now. I have sent some carbon to be redone and some decals clear coated over.
Here it was yesterday. Still not brilliant but closer
redratbike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2017 at 15:18
I know where you are parked

Bikes looking good

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Iomtuono View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iomtuono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2017 at 15:23
Thanks.
Yeah needed a little run to check oil. Just waiting on the other carbon bits. So will be yellow number boards.
So close. I still would like a ohlins shock and original tank. But that needs to wait.
Iomtuono View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iomtuono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2017 at 22:43
Iomtuono View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iomtuono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2017 at 22:46

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic