rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Chat > Your Bike
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A hello from Essex 👋

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ruansdad27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2017 at 19:23
I've not been there on the Eddie as it's new but use to go there on my fireblade. Now it's warming up I'll start going again soon.
Are there any other good bike meets nearby?
Birky_D View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Birky_D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2017 at 11:47
Originally posted by badapple badapple wrote:

Dick turpin that's a blast from the past my mum and dad used to take me and my sister there to run riot didn't know it was a bike meet

I used to be in my younger years a complete helmet...probably best I gave the road stuff up for 10 years really!

Motocrosser from 1993-1999 & 2009-2014

Now just a keyboard warrior & road rider

Follow me on YouTube for old races of me & current road/track

https://www.youtube.com/c/DeanBirkumshaw
Birky_D View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Birky_D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2017 at 11:56
Originally posted by ruansdad27 ruansdad27 wrote:

I've not been there on the Eddie as it's new but use to go there on my fireblade. Now it's warming up I'll start going again soon.
Are there any other good bike meets nearby?

They do a bike meet every wednesday in Kent which is nothing for us lot on bikes. Can be there in 30 mins.

I know Ace still run the friday one but the ride there is crap.

Always welcome to join us on a sunday early morning ride to Royston, we then go to Finch before home or Burnham depending on time

ruansdad27 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ruansdad27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2017 at 09:10
Where about is the meet in kent? Is it a good one to go too? Ace cafe is good but like you said, the ride there is rubbish and miles away too. Thanks for the offer on Sunday ride but my son has football every Sunday and I'm doing the London 100 cycle ride in July so need to train Sunday mornings too, thanks for the offer I'll let you know if I've got a free morning.
Birky_D View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Birky_D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2017 at 09:24
Originally posted by ruansdad27 ruansdad27 wrote:

Where about is the meet in kent? Is it a good one to go too? Ace cafe is good but like you said, the ride there is rubbish and miles away too. Thanks for the offer on Sunday ride but my son has football every Sunday and I'm doing the London 100 cycle ride in July so need to train Sunday mornings too, thanks for the offer I'll let you know if I've got a free morning.

I get the sunday thing - my son races mx bikes and competes in 2 club championships too. Im fortunate that my family come from a racing background so my dad often will take him on a sunday like he did with me years back but the races I always spanner for him and give him as much support as I can

As for the kent one. They do an Oakdene cafe bike meet wednesday nights. Always busy there and the road that goes up and down you get lots of hooligans doing rolling burnouts and wheelies Wink

From the Oakdene alot of us Southend lot go to Blue Bus as its on 24/7 and given its out of the way you dont get any bother

Birky_D View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Birky_D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2017 at 08:03
Update on bike June 2017 4500 miles

Suspension setup all as mentioned in the manual to top end of stiff road use but not track stiff so basically a few clicks on comp etc harder

Steering damper I needed to go a good 3-4 clicks harder as it definitely has some heavy bar wags when the roads are a bit bumpy and you are gassing it

Fuels got better. Regularly sits at 35.8-36.7mpg when not going crazy

Front brake has something to be desired. I can't put my finger on it but it's inconsistent in leverage and now the front disc has a slight warp to it so I'll call and see if that's under warranty

Mapping below 3500rpm and very minimal throttle is a bit messy. It'll sit at 36-37mph in 4th but try the same at 30-31mph and it almost feels like it hunts

Loving the bike overall though - honestly can't see myself parting with the aprilia brand for a long time

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic