rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Sale, Swaps and Wants > Non aprilia items for sale
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

VINYL WRAPPING SERVICE FOR FORUM MEMBERS!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
World Superbike Star
World Superbike Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4vr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: VINYL WRAPPING SERVICE FOR FORUM MEMBERS!
    Posted: 11 Jan 2017 at 12:02
hi chaps im offing a wrapping service for forum members @ a reduced rate

every colour you can imagine plus more like holgraphics, colour changers, brushed metals, metallics, mattes, satins, glosses, carbon colours and custom designs

clear paint savers

full tanks done 

detailing like mirrors and clock cluster and so on, your only limited by your imagination!

10yrs guarantee on the vinyl and much cheaper than a paint job, and best thing, when you get bored change colours again!

My number if you want to chat

Some of my work
cheers
never poke the bear!
Stevex View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2017 at 13:02
Whats involved in the process?
People say I don't know Jack Sh1t; but I do, he lives next door.
4vr View Drop Down
World Superbike Star
World Superbike Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4vr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2017 at 13:11
ha lots of burnt fingers and sweat, basicly your using heat to stretch the film and using heat again to set the film so it forms a plastic cover, its a bit of an art form to get it nice and smooth with out bubbles, if you go with too much heat it just burns through or changes colour expecially with the mattes, i started just doing laptop lids and that led to doing small bike parts mainly for myself as i was sick of waiting months for a paint job
never poke the bear!
davidrsurfer View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidrsurfer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2017 at 19:46
That looks like great work. Where about are you?
Motorcycle friendly self catering holiday apartment Acorn Studio. See us at Air bnb.
redratbike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2017 at 20:18
Originally posted by davidrsurfer davidrsurfer wrote:

I'm guessing Manchester?

www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk
4vr View Drop Down
World Superbike Star
World Superbike Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4vr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2017 at 10:29
yes manchester!
never poke the bear!
lukey1965 View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lukey1965 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2017 at 13:24
Originally posted by redratbike redratbike wrote:

Originally posted by davidrsurfer davidrsurfer wrote:

I'm guessing Manchester?

Qui Audet Adipiscitur
Rybes View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rybes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2017 at 17:26
You popped up just at the right time unfortunately it's advice I'm after. I got a frame Swingarm and subframe I want to wrap as powder coating here is stupid money and takes week for some reason. So I thought about getting some vinyl and try to wrap it my self ? Could I Praps but the stuff off ya and get loads of help and advice ?
ive just got my first vtwin and i think i got the right one
Matt blueflame View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt blueflame Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2017 at 21:31
Would you be able to quote a wrap for my Yamaha Superjet jet ski????
4vr View Drop Down
World Superbike Star
World Superbike Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4vr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2017 at 12:25
Originally posted by Rybes Rybes wrote:

You popped up just at the right time unfortunately it's advice I'm after. I got a frame Swingarm and subframe I want to wrap as powder coating here is stupid money and takes week for some reason. So I thought about getting some vinyl and try to wrap it my self ? Could I Praps but the stuff off ya and get loads of help and advice ?

hi mate ive done a few swing arms in the brushed metals and it looks great, i tend to just wrap to the welds, the last swinger i did had massive goudges, so i filled the smoothed and wrapped!

give me your email and ill send you a high res pic if the stuff i used

cheers!
never poke the bear!
4vr View Drop Down
World Superbike Star
World Superbike Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4vr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2017 at 12:26
Originally posted by Matt blueflame Matt blueflame wrote:

Would you be able to quote a wrap for my Yamaha Superjet jet ski????

ooooo that would be fun, yes is the answer!!
never poke the bear!
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt blueflame Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2017 at 20:21
blue/grey arctic or blue /grey digital camo, with Yamaha Superjet logos on top please.

can you quote me.
4vr View Drop Down
World Superbike Star
World Superbike Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4vr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2017 at 22:02
sure ill work it out and pm you:)
never poke the bear!
4vr View Drop Down
World Superbike Star
World Superbike Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4vr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2017 at 10:48
hows this

and may i have a rough estimate on the lenth, width and the height please
never poke the bear!
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt blueflame Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2017 at 17:19
Length 2.24m, width 0.7m, height 0.66 min, the underside would look great in white reflective as I jump and freestyle.
🤙🏻💪🏻👌🏻🤘🏻

Or glossy black carbon like the pole, preferably not 4d though for drag reasons.

Top and sides in snow camo, with fairly small colour swatches, due to the surface area being smaller than the lambo I saw on Google.

Also the pole is approx 1.2m long x 250mm wide x 60mm deep in gloss 4d carbon please.
4vr View Drop Down
World Superbike Star
World Superbike Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4vr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2017 at 11:09
hi matt, i think the underside will be an issue as the wrap may just gouge as you hit the jumps and then look crap after a while

am i right in thinking the pole is the thing you hold on for dear life lol

so your labour is £300 and youll need at least £100 in camo wrap, the carbon is expensive @ £40 for the pole and what ever detailing you want

newark on trent?

your at least 2hrs from me and ill need it for a good few days
never poke the bear!
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt blueflame Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2017 at 08:01
No Jumps 4vr, its all about pure 2 stroke power Thumbs Up

But launching can and beaching does scuff the bottom to be fair. 

Nice comment about the pole, you do kinda grip on for dear life.

Thanks for the quote but Mr HMRC has his teeth into me for a bigger than usual tax bill to be paid by end of the month. So it'll have to wait, Ill use the rest of off season to fit my High (er) compression head, carbon reed valves and an uprated steering cable for now...... 

The biggest problem with jetskiing is not knowing whether to ride the ski or the ape on a sunny sunday.......  

4vr View Drop Down
World Superbike Star
World Superbike Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4vr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2017 at 12:26
small update

never poke the bear!
Shyted View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shyted Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2017 at 19:20
V4r,a full wrap or whatever you are prepared to do on a 2009 R1 track bike .White with personal ( Company ) logo . If you don't want to do the tank ,we understand so logo will do for that.
Ball park figure will do too and we will give you an answer from that.
Bike is in Hindley, Wigan,  near your neck o woods. We will bring to you and logo is on van.
Can get a message and pics across from of our van.
Regards Ted.
I used to be uncertain , but now i'm not sure anymore
Stegedman View Drop Down
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stegedman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2017 at 19:53
How much is it to get a millie gen1 swingarm wrapped.
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2017 at 23:47
LOL   You could be the first to have a wood effect swing arm, they seem to be catching on in the world of trendy phones Wink
www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk

Looking forward to the next track day
Stegedman View Drop Down
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stegedman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2017 at 08:13
I fancy the carbon look swing arm.
redratbike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2017 at 11:33
Originally posted by IanG IanG wrote:

LOL   You could be the first to have a wood effect swing arm, they seem to be catching on in the world of trendy phones
Wink
why not I may just do it to piss people off ha ha

www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2017 at 19:22
Why not indeed LOL

Reminds me I once read a magazine article about an engineer that made a wooden bike frame out very thin marine ply.

Fantastic looking thing,it was built out of many pieces slotted and glued together in an egg box construction, it was powered by a triumph twin engine.

This had been rebalanced to have all the out of balance forces operating in the vertical plane and the engine was pivoted at the swing arm and located at the front by a compressible strut allowing it to absorb all the forces harmlessly.

Dare to be different I say Wink
www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk

IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2017 at 19:27
4vr, I don't suppose you can match the Dream Blue of the 2007/08 model year Tuono's could you?

www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk

4vr View Drop Down
World Superbike Star
World Superbike Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4vr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2017 at 12:57
sorry guys, ive been away working and havent logged in for a while, here are some more updates and ill answer any questions, my apologies!!

never poke the bear!
4vr View Drop Down
World Superbike Star
World Superbike Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4vr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2017 at 13:02
Originally posted by Stegedman Stegedman wrote:

How much is it to get a millie gen1 swingarm wrapped.

hi mate what colour are you thinking i have some brushed metals from black to Ti to silver

cheers
never poke the bear!
4vr View Drop Down
World Superbike Star
World Superbike Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4vr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2017 at 13:03
Originally posted by IanG IanG wrote:

4vr, I don't suppose you can match the Dream Blue of the 2007/08 model year Tuono's could you?

can you post a pic im sure there will be some thing that matches
never poke the bear!
R5VGD View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote R5VGD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2017 at 13:44
That carbon tank looks great. Could you send me a rough price for doing the full fairing on a gen 2 rsvr ?
grahamives View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grahamives Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2017 at 14:48
I's there any issues with wrapping a fuel tank and the problem with them swelling
If it wasn't for bad luck I'd have no luck at all
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic