rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Sale, Swaps and Wants > Aprilia parts for sale
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Seat Cowl

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Markymark67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Seat Cowl
    Posted: 14 Dec 2016 at 17:08
Afternoon all, just testing the water with a certain item that's been sitting in my old mans loft for a couple of years now. Item in question is a seat cowl for the gen 1 Tuono or '03 Mille, yes the hard to find, rare one . What makes this one a little bit special is it hasn't been used on the road at all, merely tried on the bike just after he bought it and then stored away again, so absolutely no marks what so ever, the whole thing  still has that just un wrapped look about it, never seen the sun or rain. Thought I would see what sort of interest it attracts , not sure what sort of price to ask but if someone has a mint Tuono or Mille and is after a seat cowl this would certainly finish it off, will stand up to any inspection and would easily pass for a brand new one, obviously comes complete with base plate and the cubby hole cover but doesn't come with original packaging. I will try and get some photo's sorted out tomorrow as on nights at the moment ,

regards Mark    Thumbs Up

IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2016 at 17:15
If only it was for a 2006-2009 T   
www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk

Looking forward to the next track day
redratbike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2016 at 19:25
Marky Mark pics or details of colour or any decals etc

Or were they just all Matt black?

www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Markymark67 View Drop Down
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Markymark67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2016 at 20:43
Hi Mark, will try and get some pics up tomorrow, am on nights at the mo, colour is satin / matt black with a decal at the back which is red and silver which says racing Aprilia
redratbike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2016 at 21:13
Originally posted by Markymark67 Markymark67 wrote:

Hi Mark, will try and get some pics up tomorrow, am on nights at the mo, colour is satin / matt black with a decal at the back which is red and silver which says racing Aprilia
no worries it's not for me but pics say a 1000. Words

www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Markymark67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2016 at 12:16
As promised pics of seat cowl

j180 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote j180 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2016 at 18:46
As described mucker, that is mint. You should get a good price for it.
Stevex View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2016 at 12:32
Been keeping my eye out for one of these for a while now, should have snapped up the last one that was advertised at £80! Not worried about finish though as it'd need a respray to suit my fluoro red Tuono. Think yours will go for decent money to someone who needs a mint one.
People say I don't know Jack Sh1t; but I do, he lives next door.
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Markymark67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2016 at 15:34
Thanks for comments, on the subject of your Tuono, do you happen to know the paint code by any chance and where to get some paint mixed up, I have an '04 Tuono , red one , and am wanting to have some items sprayed , many thanks,

Mark
Stevex View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2016 at 17:07
Haven't really looked into paint codes Mark. I've recently had some nice decals from Image Works, so maybe I'll go gloss black paint with a decal made up.
You got any idea yet what youre going to ask for it?
People say I don't know Jack Sh1t; but I do, he lives next door.
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Markymark67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2016 at 19:27
Still not really sure what to ask for definite, I have a ball park figure knocking about in my head, people are welcome to contact me and make an offer, I honestly believe if someone is after a new looking one but don't want to pay the new price you could put mine and a new one side by side and you would struggle to tell which is which. No doubt when I sell it I'll wish I hadn't but I'd rather see it on a bike than going back up in the loft, try me, you never know.   Wink

legend88 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2016 at 22:34
Well, a new one WITHOUT the base plate and cover is over £200 and more like £300 complete. So you should get good money if you hang on for the right person.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic