rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tuono > General & Technical
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tuono winter fettling.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tuono winter fettling.
    Posted: 13 Nov 2016 at 11:26
Tuono's off the road now and so time to start tidying and upgrading the old girl.
First off, fitting the larger, early boot.
I noticed 2 things when I put the new boot in; those grills in the intake stubs have a hell 
of a cross sectional area.

So out they came, just carefully peel off the foam from the intake stub and then peel the grill off the foam. Finally re stick the foam on using silicone adhesive.

Also, the larger boot isn't a particularly good fit against the frame, so I bought some closed cell foam and made up some seals. The foam's self adhesive.

With these in place either side, the boot's a snug fit...nice cool air into the air box.

Got other plans, updates to follow.

People say I don't know Jack Sh1t; but I do, he lives next door.
redratbike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2016 at 13:23
Are you refitting another mesh?

www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk
bullitt1964 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bullitt1964 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2016 at 15:07
Hi am looking to make New intake gaskets for my rsv mine look old and tired where did you source yours from and what thickness did you go for many thanks
Stevex View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2016 at 17:15
Originally posted by redratbike redratbike wrote:

Are you refitting another mesh?

Mark, don't see the point, when I took them out all they had on them was a couple of flys; with a filter in the air box anyway, nothing's going to get into the engine.

Bullitt, here's the foam I used, 20x20cm (x2), 6mm thickness.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261530567751?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&var=560406365574&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

The original brake hoses fittings and calipers bolts etc were all corroded and I was hoping to replace the fittings using the original hoses, but Goodridge fittings are a slightly different size, so I've removed the hoses and have a set of Venhill hoses on order. 
All caliper bolts, pins and bleed nipples are now stainless.

Also taken off the rad support bracket to respray, as it going rusty.

Finally, also started removing the tank side decals as they've started lifting around the edges.
I didn't think they were laquered because they were lifting, but they are. I took the right side off but it left a ridge of laquer around were the decal used to sit. 
Had to use some special polishing clothes for aircraft acrylics (like wet and dry for plastic) to gently
buff down the ridge, then polish to create a decent surface for the new decals which are coming from Image Works.

redratbike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2016 at 17:24
No I make you right on the mesh good idea

www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk
bullitt1964 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bullitt1964 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2016 at 11:20
Cheers stevex got some on order that bike of yours will look great
Stevex View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2016 at 18:14
Venhill SS brake pipes fitted, first bleed was no problem. 
Going to leave them to sit for a few weeks before final bleed.

Fitted the right tank 'R' decal from Image Works; good quality and 
I got it printed without the yellow stripe and the R surround in silver 
instead of gold; also replaced the standard tank pad with a gel covered carbon one.

Also replaced the front mudguard decal with some others I think look better.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic