rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Sale, Swaps and Wants > Wants
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gen 1 Tuono Wanted

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 60_degree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gen 1 Tuono Wanted
    Posted: 03 Nov 2016 at 09:42
Hi there. New member here. I had a Falco years ago and loved the engine but found the riding position a bit cramped after a full day in the saddle so now I have something a bit more upright and with full luggage for longer trips.  Would still like a bike for shorter runs around the great roads I have on my doorstep so on the lookout for a Gen 1 Tuono Factory.  I'm not in a huge rush so will happily wait until the right bike turns up.  There doesn't seem to be many on the market at the moment.  There is one on Ebay but the fact it has bodyparts without the decals and a spare swingarm makes me suspicious it may have been down the road Confused

j180 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote j180 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2016 at 11:59
You've got more chance picking up a gen 2 factory tbh. There's not too much difference in price either as the gen 1s are starting to go up in price.
60_degree View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 60_degree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2017 at 23:20
Still looking if anyone is selling or knows of someone that is
Paddedcell100 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddedcell100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2017 at 23:32
Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/152426538282

That's not the one you mentioned is it? Looks in good nick, a bit overpriced I think though.
Better to have something you don't need than need something you don't have....
60_degree View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 60_degree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2017 at 23:39
No that's not the one I mentioned in my original post in November. This one you linked to on eBay has been advertised for ages and I'm not surprised as I'm with you, I think it's overpriced too
Paddedcell100 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddedcell100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2017 at 23:52
It looks very tidy , and they are going up in price, but even at dealer prices I think it's too dear, you can get an Edwards for around that price normally (apart from the scandalously overpriced couple on there at the minute )... I'd be thinking around £4500 is more realistic for that from a dealer.
Better to have something you don't need than need something you don't have....
60_degree View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 60_degree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2017 at 23:23
As the eBay advert price shows, for this age of model I'd rather avoid buying through a dealer and paying over the odds
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic