rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tuono > General & Technical
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lower Tuono bars

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote damo46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2016 at 23:29
You will love them, I always felt I was sitting too straight with the OE bars.
Road Racing Ireland, Do It Between The Hedges
10acious View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 10acious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2016 at 23:34
Thanks Damo, this is my third T. Gen1 then Gen2 now back to Gen1 & I've always had that same feeling, just a bit too upright. It must be my ape arms ;-)
Will let you know how I get on. Haven't arrived yet.
03 Tuono
j180 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote j180 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2016 at 22:40
Did you have the lower bars fitted for the run down to Griff's. If so how do they feel compared to the standard yins.
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2016 at 23:40
I can see me changing mine for something lower and narrower but really circa £80 for a handlebar??ShockedShockedShocked

I showing my age here but I can remember when you'd get change from a couple of quid LOL
www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk

Looking forward to the next track day
10acious View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 10acious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2016 at 00:11
These Rizoma ones were £60, but I know what you mean. It's a bent bit of ally tube.
03 Tuono
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2016 at 10:57
Ah,yeah sorry, I saw them in a bike shop in Vienna they were €80 not £'s

Still bloody expensive for a pair of bars though

www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk

Looking forward to the next track day
Jardo View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jardo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2017 at 11:32
Hello folks!

I'm in the middle of this decision too and having read a few threads (and other forum) I'm still a bit confused.

The renthal flat bar looks like taking me where I want to go - 0mm rise but this option looks better, dropping 60 odd mm. am I right in thinking I have to make mods to the hardware on the bars once the new ones are in? Like different end weights etc?

Is a renthal flat an easier plug and play option?

Any advice appreciated
06 Tuono
K1 GSXR6
CBR600F
Ducati 750SS
Honda S90 :)
damo46 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote damo46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2017 at 14:02
Is your bike a gen1 or gen2, if its a gen1 and you put on flat bars you will have a serious lack of steering lock due to hitting the fairing. You can still use the OE bar ends on the rizoma bars, just go to a hardware shop and buy 12mm rawl bolts, they should have an m6 bolt which is the same size bolt that fits the hole in the OE bar end. Then buy longer Allen head bolts so they can thread in far enough through the bar end to expand the rawl bolt .
Road Racing Ireland, Do It Between The Hedges
Jardo View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jardo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2017 at 15:06
Thanks for this Damo

It's a Gen 2, so the renthal flat (0mm h) option will be ok? Guess it's time to commit, drop 60ish or the full 89mm.Having just moved up from a GSXR and still getting my head around all the wind (literally), it might be a good staging post. Still have a few good years left in my back ;)

06 Tuono
K1 GSXR6
CBR600F
Ducati 750SS
redratbike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2017 at 15:59
Cheesy had some alternative bars up for sale on the facebook page chase him on here for info

www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
cheesy View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member
top chef!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2017 at 18:15
Yep

I've got 2 different types of rizoma bars for sale
04 Tuono Fighter
1060 gen2 motor & some....
Jardo View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jardo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2017 at 11:27
Hi Cheesy

Good to hear - I'm DEF in the market for some lower bars to go on my gen 2 - what do you have and what do you want for them? 
06 Tuono
K1 GSXR6
CBR600F
Ducati 750SS
cheesy View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member
top chef!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2017 at 00:03
I'm sure there MA008 & MA010 Models

£75 each
04 Tuono Fighter
1060 gen2 motor & some....
Jardo View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jardo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 07:14
Hi Cheesy, cheers mate - I'm going for MA006G, as that has the drop I'm looking for
06 Tuono
K1 GSXR6
CBR600F
Ducati 750SS
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic