rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tuono > General & Technical
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lower Tuono bars

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 10acious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lower Tuono bars
    Posted: 16 Oct 2016 at 10:53
Been thinking for a while about trying either the Rizoma fat bars 15mm or Renthal fat bars 'street low' that are lower than the originals.
I definitely don't want to go down the clip on route.
Anyone with any experience with either?

Thanks
03 Tuono
damo46 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote damo46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2016 at 14:51
I fit Rizoma MA005 bars on mine, I much prefer them, not as wide as the OE and less rise as well so puts you leaning forward the little bit more which I liked. If your fitting them to a gen1, depending where you want your levers positioned you might be stuck for a tiny bit of clearance with the nose piece, I just slipped a pice of 3mm tubing over the lock stops to stop any contact being made. If you want exact measurements for rise and sweep etc just do a search on it.
Road Racing Ireland, Do It Between The Hedges
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2016 at 15:46
That seems to be the bar of choice

There is quite a discussion on this subject with comparisons and measurements on that other well known form across the waterWink
www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk

Looking forward to the next track day
10acious View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 10acious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2016 at 20:20
Mmm, has anyone got round the problem of bar clearance and steering lock. Seems as usual everyone has a slightly different view and so many Rizoma options.

I will keep digging.
03 Tuono
j180 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote j180 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2016 at 20:27
I had thought about doing this as well, not sure how low I'd like to go though. Maybe dropping about 25mm would make a bit of a difference.
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2016 at 20:50
My fancy would be a bit lower,narrower and with a slight downward sort of clipon angle to the grips

I think the gen2 has enough clearance for most options

www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk

Paddedcell100 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddedcell100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2016 at 21:15
I fitted a set of Rizoma's to my T but for the life of me i can't remember what height they are? They are certainly a little bit lower and narrower, pitch me forwards a bit more and are in a great position for me, no clearance problems apart from now I've fitted the new Accossato cylinders with hrydraulic switches, on full lock the bottom of each switch just touches the tank but that's it.
Doesn't help a great deal if I can't remember which height I fitted though
Better to have something you don't need than need something you don't have....
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2016 at 21:41
That's ok, this one's staying standard      ...    Remember?    Embarrassed  Wink

www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk

Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddedcell100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2016 at 22:35
Originally posted by IanG IanG wrote:

That's ok, this one's staying standard      ...    Remember?    Embarrassed  Wink

You know, you sound like you've almost convinced yourself about that now Ian
10acious View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 10acious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2016 at 22:47
Don't suppose they have a specific product code on them.
Damo46 mentioned Rizoma MA005 being popular.
03 Tuono
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddedcell100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2016 at 23:10
Originally posted by 10acious 10acious wrote:

Don't suppose they have a specific product code on them.
Damo46 mentioned Rizoma MA005 being popular.

I'll see what I can see on them tomorrow fella, I did have the box but it's gone now.
I know I got them from moorespeedracing though so you could have a look on there in the meantime , I think they've got 3 different heights though
10acious View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 10acious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2016 at 08:49
Done a bit of hunting around on this one.

You are right about the 3 riser heights. They are 15mm, 30mm & 50mm.
The MA005 seem to be identical to the MA006, just colour code variants. Both are 30mm riser height which is lower than originals.
MA005 seem really hard to find but the MA006 are available on flea bay in 5 colours for £70 new.
These are the full fat tapered bars like the originals.

The 'buy it now' button is so close. Just trying to think of a good reason not to.

Link to Rizoma riser heights and code numbers

http://www.rizoma.com/universal/handlebars-clip-on-bars/ma005-008-006-009-011/en

03 Tuono
damo46 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote damo46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2016 at 09:16
The Rizoma bars are not threaded at the end like the OE bars for fitting the bar ends, I wanted to use the OE bar ends as they are good and heavy just in case there were any vibrations coming through the bars with lighter aftermarket ones like r&g. Just go to B&Q or some hardware store and get some of them expanding metal walk plugs,I can check the pack later, almost certain it's 8mm wall bolts as they take the same size bolt as the OE bar ends, then get two longer Allen bolts and away you go,1/4 of the price of a new set of bar ends and you get to keep the OE ones.
damo46 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote damo46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2016 at 09:25
This shows the same idea, good ole del boy.

https://youtu.be/9mJG9PoymCM

10acious View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 10acious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2016 at 09:26
Thanks for the info. Didn't realise that. Mine didn't have the OEs when I bought it and now has bar end mirrors so no problem there.
03 Tuono
10acious View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 10acious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2016 at 09:40
Yeah, like that. Clever fix. I've watched a lot of his stuff. Great tutorial on changing headstock bearings.
03 Tuono
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddedcell100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2016 at 10:43
I brought a tap (10 or 12mm, can't remember at the minute) and threaded each end of the Rizoma's and had a local engineering firm make me some new bar end weights for a tenner, job jobbed .
j180 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote j180 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2016 at 11:02
Just a thought, are there any other risers that can be fitted to a Tuoldo that are shorter. Would save faffing about with different bars.
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2016 at 11:09

Done a bit of hunting around on this one.

You are right about the 3 riser heights. They are 15mm, 30mm & 50mm.
The MA005 seem to be identical to the MA006, just colour code variants. Both are 30mm riser height which is lower than originals.
MA005 seem really hard to find but the MA006 are available on flea bay in 5 colours for £70 new.
These are the full fat tapered bars like the originals.

The 'buy it now' button is so close. Just trying to think of a good reason not to.

Link to Rizoma riser heights and code numbers

http://www.rizoma.com/universal/handlebars-clip-on-bars/ma005-008-006-009-011/en

Some nice kit there if you download the complete online catalogue

www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk

10acious View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 10acious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2016 at 13:35
To download the whole catalogue wold be like inviting the demon of debt straight through the front door.

Damn sexy stuff though
03 Tuono
redratbike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2016 at 15:08

like inviting the demon of debt straight through the front door.

ha ha I love that ..i'll quote that to the mrs next time one of her catalogues appears

www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2016 at 15:44

To download the whole catalogue wold be like inviting the demon of debt straight through the front door.

Damn sexy stuff though

I'm made of sterner stuff Wink

I think Confused

www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk

10acious View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 10acious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2016 at 16:37
I, sadly am made of far weaker stuff, just bought a Aprilia Racing carbon hugger and chain guard.

Oops

Off to Griffs next week too

Big ooops

Airbox, collectors, chip, PC3, the big service.

Catastrophic ooops.

Hey ho! She go like stink at the end of it and look gorgeous. Well worth it, me thinks.

03 Tuono
damo46 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote damo46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2016 at 20:09
Nice, I see you put the 3 stripes on the tank as well, I have done the same, not shown in the pic I put up though
10acious View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 10acious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2016 at 08:16
Rizomas are on their way. I'll take plenty of measurements and pics to hopefully show the difference.

More to come
03 Tuono
j180 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote j180 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2016 at 12:01
Looking forward to seeing the difference.
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2016 at 12:12
Me to,watching with interest

www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk

Throbbing-Twin View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Throbbing-Twin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2016 at 18:17

Rizomas are on their way. I'll take plenty of measurements and pics to hopefully show the difference.

More to come

Which ones did you go for in the end?
If its not broken then fix it until it is
10acious View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 10acious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2016 at 18:24
MA006G These are with a 30mm rise the originals are 89mm so 61mm lower. And G for gold.
Original dimensions are here.
03 Tuono
Throbbing-Twin View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Throbbing-Twin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2016 at 18:30
Cool. Let us all know how they feel.
If its not broken then fix it until it is
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic