rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Chat > General Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Shark Carbon lids

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Shark Carbon lids
    Posted: 15 Oct 2016 at 20:28
Went looking for a new lid today,tried the HJC RPHA 11 Pro

which I've liked the look of for a while but the absence of an internal smoked visor killed the deal in spite of the helmet ticking all the other boxes.

While there I got directed to the new Shark Spartan Carbon lid Hug

They only had one sample in and that was a small so no good,but If a larger size feels good when they get stocks in after the run out sale of the current model this will be my new helmet

Having got used to an internal smoked visor there is no way I'll compromise now

Also couldn't believe the lack of weight,I'm sure my gloves are heavier Shocked

The one they had was the white trimmed version which looks really nice in real life although the red looks nice in the pics as well

www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk

Looking forward to the next track day
BIG UN View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIG UN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2016 at 20:56
very nice lids ian.
thats the one im buying.

im the same as you,really like hjc and used one for years,
so it was a given till i tried a new one on.
just couldnt get on with it.

id had the shark speed R foggy rep lid and was very impressed so i tried the spartan on
and it felt superb.

also like you,id made my mind up on the carbon/white one,which looks very nice,
but the red one all polished up does look superb in the flesh.
its a luvly deep blood red and really sparkles so although its deffo white for me,
that red keeps trying to tempt me!!!!Confused

excellent lids though and a very good price.
SeanO View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeanO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2016 at 21:09
Wow, that red one is lovely. That's my next lid
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2016 at 21:11
I just hope it fits when they get stock in Confused

Funnily enough I don't think they look very good in the pics but holding one really brings it home how nice they are.

I liked the carbon/white as that what they had,but the carbon/red would match the track Mille although it would clash somewhat with the Blue/White T

Not I'm too bothered by what others might think as I ride by, I don't have to look at a colour clash LOL
www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk

IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2016 at 21:22
As a 'by the way' I came across ' The Sportsbike Shop' while out driving recently,their new shop/warehouse is about 3 miles from where my Mum lives so we called in.

Really nice place,good selection of stock on display and pleasant,knowledgeable staff on hand.

Although I really should support my local shop I suppose Confused
www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk

Rybes View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rybes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2016 at 08:36
They look nice them. Gotta go lid shopping soon so I'll find somewhere to try one on
ive just got my first vtwin and i think i got the right one
legend88 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2016 at 09:04
Originally posted by IanG IanG wrote:

Having got used to an internal smoked visor there is no way I'll compromise now

I like the idea of an internal sun visor (Even if you loose the opportunity to wear a 'Cool?' smoked external visor) but none of the ones I've tried on remotely felt comfortable for me. Something to do with compromising internal space for the visor and mechanism I guess. Next time maybe although that will be in a a few years as I got a new one last year.
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2016 at 09:19
I use a schuberth s2 sport with the internal visor and have a smoked visor as well so you can vary how dark you want to go in bright sunlight.
legend88 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2016 at 11:57
Blimey, I'm amazed you can see out of a double smoked visor system - unless your external visor is a very light tint of course.
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2016 at 13:13
The internal smoked on my current lid is side actuated which I prefer,the top mount system leaves itself open to airborne crap and rain to ingress I think

Still the main thing is more manufacturers are waking up to the demand,it's so good to just flip a lever when coming into bright sunlight

In fact I'm surprised that the 'elf & safety nazis haven't jumped on the idea and made it compulsary for all

Must be the plus side of being a mostly shunned minority

www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk

Mr Miller View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Miller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2016 at 13:15
Originally posted by IanG IanG wrote:

new shop/warehouse is about 3 miles from where my Mum lives so we called in.

What did yer Mum want Question
If you find us in a hedge check the bike first please .. I`m free on the NHS...
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2016 at 13:17
To take her books back to the temporary library a couple of hundred yards down the road Wink
www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk

Mr Miller View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Miller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2016 at 13:21
Very handy that .. Tongue
Seriously though .. what kind of dosh we looking at .. is it (if ye hae tae ask .... )
If you find us in a hedge check the bike first please .. I`m free on the NHS...
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2016 at 15:44
Not really,the  HJC was was either £200 or £250 I think and the Shark Carbon go for £300 which is pretty good when a top of the range lid can cost £600 +

www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk

Falconihlist View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Falconihlist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2016 at 19:21
Got the Speed R Carbon last month, excellent helmet,and no problems with the visor lever being up top.
The fastest colour is black, and yes I know my bike isn't but I still stand by it.

www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic