rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RSV / RSVR / FACTORY > General Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HAD THIS FAULT BEFORE??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rsvwalt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HAD THIS FAULT BEFORE??
    Posted: 23 Aug 2016 at 21:03
I had a run out and did about 130 miles,left the bike parked up while on holiday then couldn't get it to start.It was turning over ok but there wasn't a spark on either cylinder.After going through the wiring diagram I checked the common from the coils back to pin one on the big plug on the ecu and continuity was ok.I gave the wiring loom a good check and didn't find any fault.Then without seeming to do anything the bike fired up ok,did a couple of 90 mile runs and it ran faultlessly.Tried to start it today and the fault had returned,metered the wiring and ok.I inadvertently tried to start it with the big plug on the ecu disconnected,plugged it back in and it fired up,I'm not sure if I did this on the previous occasion.I'm wondering if the ecu is being reset by doing this.Any info would be much appreciated,thanks
davidrsurfer View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidrsurfer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2016 at 21:46
Spoonz will be along shortly & give you an informed answer. In the meantime I have seen some posts about dodgy immobilisers if that helps!
rsvwalt View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rsvwalt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2016 at 22:35
Thanks but I have not got an immobiliser.
Spoonz View Drop Down
Admins Group
Admins Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spoonz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2016 at 22:54
See if you have a trigger from the cam sensor to the ecu and continuity in the wire. Could just be a corroded or dodgy connector in the multiplug.

rsvwalt View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rsvwalt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2016 at 11:23
Thanks,i'll have a look at the weekend.
rsvwalt View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rsvwalt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2016 at 21:19
I checked the white connector plug for the CPS and found oil in it that seemed to have run down the cable sleeve,gave it a wipe out and sprayed it with electroclense.It had been stood for about  two and a half weeks and it started straight away,so hopefully it as done the trick.Thanks to spoonz for the pointers.
andananimal View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andananimal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2016 at 18:22
Originally posted by Spoonz Spoonz wrote:

See if you have a trigger from the cam sensor to the ecu and continuity in the wire. Could just be a corroded or dodgy connector in the multiplug.

Hi spoonz, i'm having a similiar issue to walt, could you (or anyone) tell me roughly on the bike where to find the multiplug of which you speak?
2003 Mille R Gen 1
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2016 at 19:49
Multi plug is the big yellow one on left hand side behind frame.
Cam sensor is the little white one on front head at the back near bottom on body's
rsvwalt View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rsvwalt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2016 at 07:51
The CPS goes to the smallest plug on the ecu,I can't remember the pin numbers at the moment but I unplugged it and tested the resistance of the cable and CPS and it was about 265 ohms,which was about the correct value according to the manual.I then unplugged the CPS put a short in the plug and did a resistance test of the cable on its own from the white plug which was about 1 ohm, a paper clip makes an ideal short to get into the plug.So with both readings being ok I assume it was just the oil in the plug that was causing the problem but time will tell.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic