FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Airbox mod....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Hangry View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hangry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Airbox mod....
    Posted: 02 Mar 2020 at 10:44
Yep still interested Wink
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2020 at 09:25
I still have them,I’m looking for them in the unit as I boxed everything up and now they’re lost in a mountain of boxes, someone already has first dibs though when I find them.
redratbike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2020 at 08:45
Originally posted by 426hemi 426hemi wrote:

I have a set of stepicentis double stacks for 57’s if you’re interested?
did these sell do you have a price ? 

Someone after a set else where 

www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk
Hangry View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hangry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2020 at 10:39
Cheers dog good info definitely worth thinking about Thumbs Up
dog78 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dog78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2020 at 10:00
You won't regret it, change exhaust or the velocity stacks and it will map itself. I have had mine since 2015.
You can map it for every gear if you want, not that I bothered. 
I have one lower tooth on the front sprocket and it's a breeze in town. Mine runs a live map, so it's mapping all the time. 
I need to get Aprilia running again after May, the other bike is taking up all my time atm.
The AT300 installation is quite straightforward, just need to get a feed for the live that can take the amps. The At200 is OK to run from the rear light wire but that has only one sensor but with the At300 it blew a fuse 
If I get a chance I will take a picture of where I took the feed from that runs off the ignition and post it on here. 👍
Hangry View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hangry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2020 at 09:44
Yes it is a shame even though I had fitting issues it is quality stuff but yes they do have much larger ports on headers so looks good to go if I go that route cheers.
dog78 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dog78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2020 at 09:38
Smalmoto has finished as a business, shame really.
I remember a few months ago saying goodbye to Konstantin and wishing him good luck on AF1.
If like Adam says they are already in there 18mm for the wideband sensors you will be fine 👍
Hangry View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hangry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2020 at 09:20
Originally posted by Paddedcell100 Paddedcell100 wrote:

Looking at a system on the Smaltmoto website it looks like their systems (certainly the most recent ones at least)came with the ports already fitted.

lol yes you are write they do have the ports didn't realise till I had a look this morning Embarrassed can't get on there website for some reason any more tho.
Paddedcell100 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddedcell100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2020 at 21:44
Looking at a system on the Smaltmoto website it looks like their systems (certainly the most recent ones at least)came with the ports already fitted.

Better to have something you don't need than need something you don't have....
Hangry View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hangry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2020 at 16:19
Originally posted by dog78 dog78 wrote:

Originally posted by Hangry Hangry wrote:

Loving all this being done nice workThumbs Up can anyone still get hold
Of stafanos double stacks?also like the auto tune sounds good
Would one have to mod the headers on a smalt system for the two
Sensors.
The 18mm bungs need to be 5" to 6" from the start of the header, you need a Pcv to run it off too.  You need one in each of the headers. Google fitting instructions for AT300 Dynojet and it explains in there where the bungs have to be welded 👍
nice one dog thanks for info Thumbs Up
Hangry View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hangry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2020 at 16:18

1103 with ported head, Kent cams, 57mm tb’s with mss airbox.
wow lol nice I know they work well on standard bore from dyno test that af1 did on same bike same day ect.so if price is rite ,and can't beat a nice bit of carbonWink
dog78 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dog78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2020 at 14:37
Originally posted by Hangry Hangry wrote:

Sensors.
The 18mm bungs need to be 5" to 6" from the start of the header, you need a Pcv to run it off too.  You need one in each of the headers. Google fitting instructions for AT300 Dynojet and it explains in there where the bungs have to be welded 👍
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2020 at 12:19
1103 with ported head, Kent cams, 57mm tb’s with mss airbox.
Hangry View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hangry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2020 at 11:46
What set up was that hemi?its just heard all good reports
About them but if they don't work Cry I know all bikes are different still I'd like
To give em a go lol
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2020 at 10:38
Yes, didn’t work with my setup.
redratbike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2020 at 09:59

did you try them ?? 

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Hangry View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hangry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2020 at 09:23
Nice one thanks matey.Thumbs Up
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2020 at 08:14
Ok, I’m in the unit later and I’ll take a picture.
Hangry View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hangry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2020 at 07:26

hey hemi I would be very interested indeed if you could PM me with a price and a pic that would be ideal.Thumbs Up
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2020 at 01:37
Nice Ad good find that, take it you're keeping the gen1 then? Ment to ask you the other day what you were doing with it. 
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2020 at 23:22
Hangry View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hangry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2020 at 22:54
Sensors.
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddedcell100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2020 at 18:29
Originally posted by dog78 dog78 wrote:

Hi Adam, what's the new airbox you was working on the other day was that for a gen 1, is that going to have them oval filters on it.
Surely we ain't on about putting that on a gen 2?

Hello Rich. 

That's a gen 1 Edward's airbox from Georg Hecker (who brought all of the MSS moulds), so that will be going on the Mille (also got a brand new set of genuine Edwards 57's waiting to go on it😉👌).  

kommando View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kommando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2020 at 16:49
The easiest way to get a non return valve that works in a hot environment is to use an ERG valve. These are a reed valve which keeps operating at high revs.

To get a second hand one got to ebay and search for ERG valve within motorcycle parts. You will get a number of options with different angles between inlet and outlet, I usually go for 180 degree ones. They will cope with an 850 cc 360 degree twin so a 1000cc 60 degree V twin will task it even less.

This is a 90 degree one

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Exhaust-Emission-Valve-EGR-Valve-for-AJS-CR3-125/162889794085?hash=item25ecfd0225:g:XkwAAOSwW9Raed0J
dog78 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dog78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 06:57
Hi Adam, what's the new airbox you was working on the other day was that for a gen 1, is that going to have them oval filters on it.
Surely we ain't on about putting that on a gen 2?
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddedcell100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 06:52
Hello buddy. 
 I used an ITG JC20 filter, you can get them in varying heights, it's going back a bit but I think the 65mm one was the one I used here...
Just to let you know though, I struggled to get it to seal properly at the bottom of the filter (my design and implementation, nothing to do with the filter), so scrapped this idea and just stuck with my ironbite in the end...if I wanted to go for a box filter type solution again then I would go for one of Jollys airtrays (he wasnt making the gen 2 version at the time I did this). 

dog78 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dog78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2020 at 13:14
My crankcase feed goes through the valve and then into a filter outside the airbox,  can't see the idea of putting hot air into the airbox, it has worked well for a few years now, a catch tank I did think off, but finding a place for it wasn't easy. 
dog78 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dog78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2020 at 13:09
I got a one way valve, which causes negative pressure in the crankcase. I did know the proper name of it. Been a while since I worked on the Aprilia. But I promised her that soon I get back from Almeria with the Superstock R1 I will get her on the road. Plus put a PFM race rear caliper on it.
I really want it back on the road this year, I miss riding it, but I just ain't got time till May then a service and two new brake lines on the front. The Aprilia is a much better road bike, the R1 is just too     ballistic for the road£👍
kiwi_rsvr View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member
EX Dr Frankie Stein (splitter)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwi_rsvr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2020 at 12:52
Whether Gen1 or Gen2 fit a catch can and dont have the problem of the engine sucking hot oily vapour back in and diluting the fuel/air mix.

*** Possibly may not notice any benefit in terms of outright power but at least the fuel/air mix wont get diluted ***   
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Ice-mille View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ice-mille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2020 at 10:09
Thanks. 
Shake'n bake
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic