rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Chat > General Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Brembo bits

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m9rko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Brembo bits
    Posted: 10 Aug 2016 at 18:43
I've been wanting to do this mod for a long time, it's finally happened. Can't wait to try them out! Clutch lever feels much less spongy and a little lighter

www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk
Throbbing-Twin View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Throbbing-Twin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2016 at 19:03
Yummy
If its not broken then fix it until it is
Mr Miller View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Miller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2016 at 19:06
You got daytime mot or you need to wait for a track day Question Go faster with the lighter wallet LOL
Look the dog`s though....
If you find us in a hedge check the bike first please .. I`m free on the NHS...
m9rko View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m9rko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2016 at 19:13
Got a daytime MOT mate. Will squeeze in another ride or 2 before Knockhill on the 19th when the slicks are going back on, and after that it's track only! I picked them up off TDR, £340 all in so not as bad as new. And I've already sold the OEM ones!
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2016 at 19:17
Done mine a few weeks ago but I went for accossato. Honestly say that it is the best thing I've done although my hand was forced as both were leaking. The clutch is much lighter and it's smoother than before and I can find neutral without doing the jig on the lever. Front brake is also improved big time. You will really appreciateit on ttrack for sure mate.
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left
m9rko View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m9rko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2016 at 19:37
Yeah mate I've only heard very good things about this upgrade. 

Forgot to say - when bleeding the brake, the hose slipped off the nipple on the caliper and squirted brake fluid all over the pads and disc! Somehow this is the first time it's ever happened. I immediately drowned the area with about half a can of brake cleaner. Will my pads be OK??
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2016 at 19:54
Would've thought so mate especially if you went to town on the brake cleaner. I'm definitely not an expert however so I'd wait and see what a more knowledgeable person says I hold no responsibility for brake fail
Paddedcell100 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddedcell100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2016 at 21:22
Very smart buddy , you will love that new braking set up on track, my Accossato one is just awesome, loads of power,loads of feel,easily the best mod aside from the BSTs 👍
Better to have something you don't need than need something you don't have....
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2016 at 22:01
Ohhhhhhhh Nice mate
jrenoc View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jrenoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2016 at 22:07
Done the exact same on my tuono, surprising how easy it is to find neutral .
Only issue is they now foul the nose cone so may have to rotate bars slightly.

On the plus side they look so nice
Shyted View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shyted Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2016 at 23:56
Regarding the brake fluid spill.Brake cleaner will be fine,but soapy water would have done the trick equally well.
As for the master cylinders,worth every single penny and probably one of the best mods you can make.
They look sh*t hot! 
I used to be uncertain , but now i'm not sure anymore
BIG UN View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIG UN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2016 at 07:50
very nice buddy.
i need a nice quality set.
now the exhaust,battery and solenoids sorted and the bikes up and running like a dream.

over winter,new tyres,chain n sprockets with better gearing ect,
m9rko View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m9rko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2016 at 10:18
Lots of divided opinions on the pads (here and elsewhere on the internet)! Some say bin them, some say they'll be reyt! I bought a new set (there's another £80 down the pan), will go for a careful ride over the weekend to see if they feel OK. Full day at Knockhill next week so I want a backup set just in case.

BIG UN, they are bloody money pits! I keep thinking this is the last mod I'm doing and then something else catches my eye! 
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Fugly View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fugly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2016 at 11:32
Have got a pair of RCS master cylinders to go on mine (just need to sort lines) so really looking forward to hear how you get on with them.
Full Arrows system, 1060 Big Bore, PC5 and Evo Airbox. Bring on the big grin!
NickyBoy1984 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Exhaust freak!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickyBoy1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2016 at 16:52
Niiiiice, sweet gear there mate..!

NickyBoy
www.rsvr.net
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Diablo View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2016 at 17:09
Goshma! Very nice. Clap

I have a lovely fake pair used as a garage ornament! But lets not go there again folks!! Censored

Question everything.
m9rko View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m9rko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2016 at 17:54
Just out of interest.. How do you tell the fakes? Apart from the fact some say 'Brombo' lol

I was well aware of the fakes circulating, but the seller had sold a lot of high end bits on TDR recently (turning a race bike to stock) with no complaints and these came in the original boxes, so I'm fairly sure they're the real deal!
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
redratbike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2016 at 18:16
Originally posted by m9rko m9rko wrote:

Just out of interest.. How do you tell the fakes? Apart from the fact some say 'Brombo' lol

I was well aware of the fakes circulating, but the seller had sold a lot of high end bits on TDR recently (turning a race bike to stock) with no complaints and these came in the original boxes, so I'm fairly sure they're the real deal!
in general the quality is poor,the hinge pin is gold ,the italian badges are not stuck on well, the adjuster hole is off centre compared to the adjuster screw, I think the banjos are a different thread etc etc

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
m9rko View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m9rko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2016 at 19:01
Originally posted by redratbike redratbike wrote:

in general the quality is poor,the hinge pin is gold ,the italian badges are not stuck on well, the adjuster hole is off centre compared to the adjuster screw, I think the banjos are a different thread etc etc

Adjuster screws are off center to the holes on both of mine... I'm not kidding!

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
m9rko View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m9rko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2016 at 19:31
You had me bricking it there Mark, I just went and raked through the boxes, and found this card

Went to Brembo site and typed the codes in and they emailed me 2 certificates of authenticity, panic over for now haha

The adjuster screws are definitely off center though, compared to the holes. Maybe someone else with the same units can confirm theirs are the same to put my mind at ease Smile
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Diablo View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2016 at 21:07
Originally posted by redratbike redratbike wrote:

^^^ What Red said Thumbs Up

Yours look very genuine to me -and you've checked now anyway Big smile

Funny about the off center bit though. I'm sure someone who has the same will be along to comment on that shortly.
Question everything.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2016 at 21:14
The plugs are yellow aswell marko mate not light blue and grey
m9rko View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m9rko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2016 at 21:23
Which plugs are these buddy?
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2016 at 21:51
They plug the banjo holes for shipping to stop any packaging debris getting in with rubber bungs.
m9rko View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m9rko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2016 at 21:57
Ah I see. The plugs on mine were light blue. So yellow = fake...?
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Shyted View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shyted Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2016 at 11:24
There's a warning about this in Performance bike last month and the card is the proof they're real.
I used to be uncertain , but now i'm not sure anymore
m9rko View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m9rko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2016 at 12:29
Well I'm happy the guy remembered to send the card with it all. I've also checked with a friend who has the exact same MC's, and his are the same. Slightly off center. Also called Mode Performance (UK importers for Brembo) and they said the same... So I think I can relax now...!
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Diablo View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2016 at 13:54
I'm sure I've read that some of the fakes have changed appearance now, to look more similar to the real thing! So just as a beware to anyone that reads this!

Yours do look proper M9rko and you have the certificate of authenticity, so no worries I'm sure.

If you have a friend with them you could do a side by side comparison.

I can take a photo of my fakes for you, but they're totally different to yours -So not much point.

But if it is true now that they are more similar now, just be careful peeps. Especially be careful if they seem a cheap mega deal!
Question everything.
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2016 at 14:15
FAKE
m9rko View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m9rko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2016 at 13:23
Originally posted by Fugly Fugly wrote:

Have got a pair of RCS master cylinders to go on mine (just need to sort lines) so really looking forward to hear how you get on with them.

They are sh*t f**king hot. I had the clutch on 18 and brake on 20. Clutch is very bitey, very positive, light, lever is a nicer shape (flat front instead of curved feels way better), every time you use it your reminded of how much better it is than OEM. The brake is hugely improved. Loads of feel. Instant bite. WAY more power. And I guess, dialing them back to 16 and 18 will suit wet track conditions. Proper bits of kit!
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic