rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Chat > General Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Crashed on my Birthday!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kingb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Crashed on my Birthday!
    Posted: 10 Jul 2016 at 21:42
Title say it all really - my beautiful 2000 mille now needs a new face

If anyone has Nose fairing, airtubes, headlight or instrument mount id be interested!!

Gotta get back on the road!!

redratbike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2016 at 21:47
aw man...not the way to celebrste a birthday

www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk
Diablo View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2016 at 21:52
Bad luck mate, sorry to hear. As long as your alright, that's the main thing.

Haven't got any early bits I'm afraid. Hopefully someone can help.

Have you tried the FB page as well?

Cheers
Rick
Question everything.
jond58 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jond58 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2016 at 22:04
That is not great news, long as you're not hurt.
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
snox View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2016 at 22:29
Hope ya ain't to damaged mate
kingb View Drop Down
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kingb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2016 at 07:32
I'm totally fine. got distracted by another member of the group having a minor wobble and I panicked, stood the bike up and grabbed front brake and ended up in a bush. Would have easily made the corner but just locked up. wasn't going fast when the bike went down so not a mark on me at all so I'll chalk it up to experience and just feel silly! was booked for brands on Thursday!
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2016 at 09:07
Gutted for you, hopefully you can get to brands. Is the front end fubar or could you bodge it for the trackday?
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left
kingb View Drop Down
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kingb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2016 at 17:14
Think I might be OK for thursday just running without a screen or mudguard. Forks are straight and bike rides so . . . . . . 
robp View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2016 at 17:24
Oh bugger, some of the slow get off's are more annoying than really binning it.
Did exactly the same at the IOM back in the 90's and it pissed me right off...lol.
Not sure if they're the same, but got a spare early gen2 mudguard up here in Guildford if you want it?
Got a gen2 screen as well if you can hack it to fit.
I suppose just dumping the front end plastics could be an option, but I seem to remember a mudguard was a requirement back in the day?
Let me know if you want it, no stress.

I'm not sure really!
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2016 at 18:41
Don't think a trackday they will be bothered if you don't have a screen mate as long as no sharp edges still go or even ring them to make sure
Coops View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2016 at 19:26
I think I have a spare screen in the garage, if I remember correctly it is missing 1 or 2 of the mounting tabs, if that's any good to you?
Diablo View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2016 at 19:37
Mudguard?

I have a black one, red one and almost new carbon one, for axial forks.
A carbon one for radial forks.
Not got round to selling anything yet, but having a clear out soon....
Question everything.
legend88 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2016 at 21:02
Bad news on your birthday, hope you're back up and running soon.

Sorry to hijack the thread but - Diablo, is your Carbon Axial Mudguard a Genuine Aprilia one? If so (And if kingb doesn't want it) I may be interested depending on condition. Mine was damaged by a disclock (Doh!) but otherwise it's immaculate like new so I haven't bothered changing it but might do if the right one came up.

Diablo View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2016 at 22:57
Originally posted by legend88 legend88 wrote:

Sorry to hijack the thread but - Diablo, is your Carbon Axial Mudguard a Genuine Aprilia one? If so (And if kingb doesn't want it) I may be interested depending on condition. Mine was damaged by a disclock (Doh!) but otherwise it's immaculate like new so I haven't bothered changing it but might do if the right one came up.

Hello mate, no sorry it's not genuine Ape. Can't remember who it's made by now. I bought it and fitted it to an Ohlins axial front end. Changed my mind and bought radial Ohlins and had to buy new carbon mudguard for that!  LOLOuch
Question everything.
A303 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2016 at 00:01
Sorry to hear that Mate.  I've got an early nose cone (with the ribs) that's been trimmed to use with a flat bar conversion. If its of use pm me.
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
NickyBoy1984 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Exhaust freak!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickyBoy1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2016 at 06:12
Crash bad enough BUT on birthday too, bummer, hope you get her repaired very soon!!

NickyBoy
www.rsvr.net
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
kingb View Drop Down
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kingb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2016 at 07:35
Diablo Ill PM you. Certainly interested!

I have got a replacement instrument mount on ebay which is on the way. I have had a better look and air tube is fone on the right so i only need to find the left, headlight and nose. 

Thanks for the offer on the nose cone but I have my eye on one on ebay and really want a standard one even if I have to have get it painted! 

Took the bike out for a short ride yesterday and it seems to ride straight which is good. 

Only odd thing is the cloack keep resetting to KPH everytime I turn it off and on and when i goes on the tacho moves to its lowest position and seems to bounce against the lower stop before then moving up to 6k then returning to normal. Im assuming that since things like indicators are not plugged in it getting upset when it does a system check. It runs fine just slightly odd!

legend88 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2016 at 08:14
Originally posted by Diablo Diablo wrote:

Originally posted by legend88 legend88 wrote:

Hello mate, no sorry it's not genuine Ape. Can't remember who it's made by now. I bought it and fitted it to an Ohlins axial front end. Changed my mind and bought radial Ohlins and had to buy new carbon mudguard for that!  LOLOuch

No problem, thanks anyway for response
Fugly View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fugly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2016 at 10:49
Hi Kingb,
Sorry to hear that bud, the brain is a bugger something grabs it's attention and you look at it and that is where you end up going.

Glad your ok and damage isn't too heavy, good luck for getting it sorted and on track on Thursday.

Phil
Full Arrows system, 1060 Big Bore, PC5 and Evo Airbox. Bring on the big grin!
kingb View Drop Down
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kingb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2016 at 16:44
Just a quick note to say that Rick AKA Diablo is a legend and I will shortly have a mudguard! 

Starting to come together as I have leads now on most parts - Just the left hand Airtube and fairing to find as most have some damage - might have be a rough one for now!

redratbike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2016 at 17:22
inner and  outer airtube? or just outer?  what colour?

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Coops View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2016 at 17:23

Mudguard?

Is the carbon radial an o.e. one? I could be interested ;-)
kingb View Drop Down
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kingb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2016 at 20:59
yep inner and outer needed for the left. don't care about colour as I'll get it sprayed however black if possible!
Diablo View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2016 at 15:08
Originally posted by kingb kingb wrote:

Just a quick note to say that Rick AKA Diablo is a legend and I will shortly have a mudguard! 

Starting to come together as I have leads now on most parts - Just the left hand Airtube and fairing to find as most have some damage - might have be a rough one for now!

Posted first class, hope it gets to you in time for your trackday buddy Wink

Glad I could help

Cheers
Rick Thumbs Up

*Edit* And I owe you £1.05. Postage was £8.95! Big smile
Question everything.
Diablo View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2016 at 15:18
Originally posted by Coops Coops wrote:

Mudguard?

Is the carbon radial an o.e. one? I could be interested ;-)

Hi Coops, yes it is, but really sorry someone put dibs on it as soon as I posted what I'd got yesterday. You can most certainly have it, if he doesn't want it though mate. Thumbs Up

Question everything.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic