rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Chat > General Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Happy Independence Day!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2016 at 18:20
Originally posted by markrsvr15 markrsvr15 wrote:

Originally posted by legend88 legend88 wrote:

Sorry to hear about the redundancy Ian I had not realised as not been on here much recently (Other than today). Hope it suits you or you find something else quickly if not.

It is true that many of the Poles do not have the skills they purport to have. I have seen many iffy plumbing jobs carried out by Polish workers (They could not have been plumbers). I wonder if that is part of the reason that the building industry has switched in a big way to plastic for plumbing new houses because the skill required is lower. It could of course just be costs. I would never have a house plumbed in plastic, it's just a disaster waiting to happen but that's a bit off topic.

Just faster mate everyone's on price. Now even plumbers

And faster is cheaper of course but plastic plumbing is crap. The seals have a 'Life' and they bury the things behind walls and under floors, utter madness! But of course the new build warranty on plumbing is only two years so the builders don't care.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2016 at 18:26
No I agree

everyone's on price even me the faster you are the better it is for you.
Am on 450 thousand well I will be for next two years until we leave the EU then probably about 250 haha

So you will go even faster then not care as much as you did but honestly if it comes to that I will be the same family comes first stuff it do what you can get away with if prices are that low

Sorry to say but it's the truth
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2016 at 20:11
Is the plastic plumbing that bad then?  I was talking about it when in Screwfix last and they said they stock it all and the trade uses it as well.

I know it only used to be for the cold supply but I gather it's different plastic now that can be used for hot as well?

I was quite taken with the idea but if it has a bad rep then I wouldn't bother
www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk

Looking forward to the next track day
Olie View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Olie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2016 at 20:54
Originally posted by IanG IanG wrote:

Is the plastic plumbing that bad then?  I was talking about it when in Screwfix last and they said they stock it all and the trade uses it as well.

I know it only used to be for the cold supply but I gather it's different plastic now that can be used for hot as well?

Nope not bad stuff at all Ian it's what all plumbers use nowadays and being a successful tradesmen is all about reputation I don't think they'd be installing it if it was set to fail in the near future. I'm not saying its 100% guaranteed but neither is solder joints. But if it was that crap I'm sure it would of been abolished long since, I can recall it been around 10 years at least now, and it's more popular than ever.
Rybes View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rybes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2016 at 21:03
As an Englishman living in Denmark I wonder what it mens for me as i was allowed in cos we were in the EU when I come over.
ive just got my first vtwin and i think i got the right one
legend88 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2016 at 21:06
You have two years to get married  Big smileLOL
Olie View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Olie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2016 at 21:10

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2016 at 21:20

Hahaha it's only coz you know am right
legend88 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2016 at 21:20
Originally posted by Olie Olie wrote:

Originally posted by IanG IanG wrote:

Nope not bad stuff at all Ian it's what all plumbers use nowadays and being a successful tradesmen is all about reputation I don't think they'd be installing it if it was set to fail in the near future. I'm not saying its 100% guaranteed but neither is solder joints. But if it was that crap I'm sure it would of been abolished long since, I can recall it been around 10 years at least now, and it's more popular than ever.

I am sorry but I dont' agree. I manage over fifty properties from new build to over 100 years old and the only leaks I get (Including from new and recent build) are those plumbed in plastic. If the pipe is hidden behind a wall or under a floor, a great deal of damage can be done before you even realise there is a leak. It's bad enough when a waste pipe leaks but if a mains pressure pipe or joint goes while you are asleep or on holiday imagine the devastation when you wake/return! Some insurance companies will not even cover for water damage caused by leaks from plastic pipework.

Some of the problems I have seen (Not in any order of commonality or seriousness):

- Reduced flow and hammer from reduced bore size (Due to the wall thickness of the plastic)
- 'O' ring seals fail over time (Not always a long time)
- Incorrect fitment (And Mark has previously identified the approach of many tradesmen when faced with peacework)
- Push fittings come loose
- Rodents eat through the plastic

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2016 at 21:25
On my sites they are not allowed to put the joints behind plaster mate.

So unless you hit it with a nail it won't leak.

Nhbc check called Pre plaster check
legend88 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2016 at 21:26

However Denmark will probably have voted to leave by then!
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2016 at 21:27
Rybes is from Denmark not me mate
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2016 at 21:30
My family from Wales originally does that count hahaha
legend88 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2016 at 21:33

On my sites they are not allowed to put the joints behind plaster mate.

So unless you hit it with a nail it won't leak.

Nhbc check called Pre plaster check

Firstly, I've seen many so called NHBC checks either not done or not done properly and I have seen lots of plastic joints both behind walls and under floors. Even if that is true I think it tells you all you need to know about their view of the longevity of plastic plumbing.

Whatever the theory, my experience with the after effects rather than the theoretical and installation makes me very very wary of it. I certainly would not have it in my home for anything other than waste pipes.

We are seriously off-topic here so I think we should end this issue now.
legend88 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2016 at 21:34

Rybes is from Denmark not me mate

Confused Yep, my message was to Rybes
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2016 at 21:37
No issue mate were talking about pipes hahaha.

But your doing that thing my wife does get last word in then says no no let's top it now haha I will let you have that one mate your probably right haha
legend88 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2016 at 21:39

No issue mate were talking about pipes hahaha.

But your doing that thing my wife does get last word in then says no no let's top it now haha I will let you have that one mate your probably right haha

I know how that feels, so go ahead, I won't respond Big smile
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2016 at 21:41
Your Trying To Make Me I Was So Close No No No I Won't To Do

Rybes View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rybes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2016 at 22:04
Hmmm marries I sorta am but not on paper. Ya right too cos this place seema to follow England they love the place ao it may well be a possibility as my missus as already said stuff along those lines
ive just got my first vtwin and i think i got the right one
legend88 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2016 at 22:08
I think the EU will need to do something significant to stop Denmark and The Netherlands asking to leave pretty soon.

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2016 at 22:11
Yeah but I think we should all be our own country's again but have free trading that's the perfect solution to this I know it's easy to say it but you get what I mean
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2016 at 12:04
Yup,should have kept it as the 'Common Market' then everyone would have been happy

Well apart from the Greeks and all the other latecomers we ended up maintaining Wink

More power to the other EU members trying to question the status quo,if nothing else it might reign in the un elected ruling elite for a while

Arrogant gits,they wouldn't have that privilege if others hadn't come to their rescue years ago
www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk

Stevex11sdw View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevex11sdw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2016 at 12:49
Does Nicola Sturgeon think that Scotland is a member of the EU? I think the UK is a member and as her friends in Brussels have already mentioned, if Scotland wanted to join they would be at the back of the queue behind Turkey. Would they even qualify?.

The choice now for Scotland will be between a UK invigorated and looking forward to the future or the EU who I believe will now see a call for many more in out referendums and ultimately the collapse of the EU project.

If the people of Scotland wish to leave the UK they are welcome to but don't saddle yourself with the problems of the EU as leave or not we all love Scotland and want it to prosper.
cwp View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cwp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2016 at 13:26
Sturgeon seems like bad news same as Leanne wood with plaid cymru here in Wales.
born ugly what's your excuse!!
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2016 at 13:36
Just two more potential empire builders with personal agendas

As far as the Scot's go,by all means give them a referendum so they can go and join the EU and use the Euro

Plenty of work for the English building workers in refurbing Hadrian's wall Wink

As for the Welsh,even they know they wouldn't survive on tourism alone so not much stomach here for independence outside the reservations in the hills.

www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk

cwp View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cwp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2016 at 13:47
Yea Ian we know that its just she wants to be a sturgeon clone so bad it's scarey. She got a hidden agenda I'm certain. That's why she didn't want out of eu. It's fine for south Wales as they benefit mainly from eu money and assembly bias. North had some investment and mid where I live doesn't exist lol
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2016 at 14:07
Just like in England the north / south divide is noticeable here,hopefully now we can stop funding others and start putting our own house in order.

Don't hold your breath though Confused  to many ambitious people still wanting their share of fame and wealth

www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk

cwp View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cwp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2016 at 15:25
Learned not to hold my breath years ago Ian lol
Red Mille View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Mille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2016 at 15:34
I'm regretting voting out now as the remain promised long hot Mediterranean summers if we stayed in!
www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
cwp View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cwp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2016 at 16:25
Did they? Oh sh*t had I known that mate I'd have voted in pmsl
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic