FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Neutral problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
snowman View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Neutral problem
    Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 13:28
Oh, do these bikes have character 🤡
Mr Miller View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Miller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 12:38
Best neutral finder .. ignition key ..
If you find us in a hedge check the bike first please .. I`m free on the NHS...
bladebod View Drop Down
World Superbike Star
World Superbike Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bladebod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 11:43
if these bikes were perfect we would probably get bored and sell them, theyre adventure bikes, every ride out is an adventure. Just gotta join the AA. Or have a mate with a van.
Karl.w View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karl.w Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 20:38
Originally posted by drwizz drwizz wrote:

I can never find neutral like most of us but that's a different issue 

What is the issue with this? Mine's the same! Right pain to get it...
Tifa View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien
I am Sparticus, only uglier

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tifa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2016 at 12:05
Much easier to find N tapping down from from 2nd
Hooking up from 1st looking for N can be a bit hit and miss.
Sabre View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Ex Copper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sabre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2016 at 10:15
I had an aftermarket slave for a while. The lever was easier but finding neutral was a pita. I went back to the OEM unit and now finding neutral is easy, very easy hot or cold. I changed the oil jet years ago and that made a huge difference. I have also installed a banjo bolt bleed nipple at the lever. This makes bleeding a breeze as this is a high point in the hydraulic system. There is one fitted as standard on the brake lever so why they didn't also put one on the clutch lever is beyond me.

jam-gt View Drop Down
L Plates
L Plates

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jam-gt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2016 at 21:08
It has an Oberon slave on it. I have no idea if the oil jet mod has been done as I bought it from the dealers. I wish mine would go into neutral with slippers on as when she is cold it is a pain.
Sabre View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Ex Copper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sabre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2016 at 08:18
Originally posted by drwizz drwizz wrote:

check the Bleed, has the oil jet mod been done. What slave are you running? I can find neutral in my slippers. Ahem, not that I ride in slippers you understand. Embarrassed

jam-gt View Drop Down
L Plates
L Plates

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jam-gt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2016 at 22:10
Thanks for the reply and help. It is Gen 1 Tuono. I played about with the wire and checked the screw holding it onto the sensor then went for a run and all is well again.
drwizz View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drwizz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2016 at 17:13
If you ride it like you stole it then you probably did !
Spoonz View Drop Down
Admins Group
Admins Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spoonz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2016 at 17:01
Originally posted by jam-gt jam-gt wrote:

For some reason after my Tuono was sitting in the garage for a couple of days the neutral light is failing to come on anymore and the bike just cuts out when you put the stand down. The stand light is working as normal so I know it is not that at fault.
The bike runs as it should on the road with no gear change problems and clutch is fine. Will it be the neutral sensor/switch causing the problem or could it be something more serious.

Assuming it's a gen1 Tuono it could be the neutral switch or possibly the diode pack. The neutral circuit and safety cut outs all run through the diode pack.

U could stick a meter on the neutral switch and measure if it is working as you go in and out of neutral.
jam-gt View Drop Down
L Plates
L Plates

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jam-gt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2016 at 14:57
For some reason after my Tuono was sitting in the garage for a couple of days the neutral light is failing to come on anymore and the bike just cuts out when you put the stand down. The stand light is working as normal so I know it is not that at fault.
The bike runs as it should on the road with no gear change problems and clutch is fine. Will it be the neutral sensor/switch causing the problem or could it be something more serious.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic