rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RSV / RSVR / FACTORY > General Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Aprilia RSV "Speciale" Project

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2223242526 28>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
nitroargi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitroargi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2017 at 17:04
Not from my project...but I am wondering how come I never thought about this mod!! TongueTongue

Diablo View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2017 at 23:27
Coming along nicely mate Thumbs Up

I wonder what the total weight saved will be at the end?

You shouldn't have shown me the last picture of the carbon pipes!  LOL

Question everything.
Af1 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Af1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 06:29

Twice as many jubilee clips and twice as many places to leak !
nitroargi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitroargi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2017 at 08:29
Custom loom is done and finally the bike is back at the workshop...let the assembling begin!

redratbike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2017 at 10:43
can't wait to see it in one piece and running

www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk
nitroargi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitroargi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2017 at 11:40
There is a small tuning show the upcoming weekend here in Athens and the plan is to have the bike there for desplay. It should be good for the shop so some of the "clients" will showcase their projects.

Will upload pics!
snowman View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2017 at 15:30
Lovely to see it coming to the finished article, go careful, already had a couple of offs on here !!
The Shredder View Drop Down
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Shredder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2017 at 14:19
Great stuff mate! One of the best build threads on the multiple forums i'm on! from M3's To Husaberg Supermotos! LOL

Fugly View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fugly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2017 at 08:48
Excellent news Nitro, like everyone else I am really looking forward to seeing the finished bike (as I am sure it will continue to evolve) and hear about the total weight loss
Full Arrows system, 1060 Big Bore, PC5 and Evo Airbox. Bring on the big grin!
nitroargi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitroargi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2017 at 10:13
Sooooooo I am trying to fit the Smaltmoto G5 on the project and quess what...it looks like sh*t! I was prepared that it will hit the oil cooler and even touch the left peg...but I am thinking there is something seriously wrong with it

geobarb View Drop Down
World Superbike Star
World Superbike Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geobarb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2017 at 10:58
certainly unacceptable AngryAngryAngry
i feel for you my friend
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Shredder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 00:58
I send them straight back and go a more traditional route of Akra's maybe? A quality project like that i'd rather have perfect fit and finish than another 500G's over say Akras..

Atleast you know akras the finish will be there and they work well with these bikes.

Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 08:20

make some flanges for the tigcraft and send the smaltmoto back

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
nitroargi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitroargi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 09:04
Morning all,

I am really frustrated will all these and to be honest I even thought off parting the project apart

To be honest I have no idea what is the next thing I should do...already sent the pics to Konstantin at Smaltmoto and waiting for his response... Confused
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 09:48
That will probably take a long time, when my airbox was wrong it took months for them to reply to emails, had to get sh*tty with them in the end.
nitroargi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitroargi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 10:12
It wasn't always like that but they took them 4 months to prep this system!! I mean come on I would expect them to get it right!!

The problem is that this time of the year is more relaxed for me and now I can finally concentrate to move the project forward. I had thoughts firing it up before the end of the year but now that went to hell.

How much longer will it take I wonder?? Disapprove
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 16:28
Originally posted by nitroargi nitroargi wrote:

How much longer will it take I wonder?? Disapprove
less if you start fabricating some flanges for the tigcraft right this minute Thumbs Up that will keep your mind off the smaltmoto issue

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
bladebod View Drop Down
World Superbike Star
World Superbike Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bladebod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 16:45
Impressive - what is the final remit for the bike, is it just to be lighter than stock, are you going to compete on it or something. I for one cant wait for the product to be finished, you've got more patience than I have ever had. Well done.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 17:20
Originally posted by bladebod bladebod wrote:

what is the final remit for the bike, is it just to be lighter than stock,.
lighter and more power Thumbs Up

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Pavlluxa View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pavlluxa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 22:09
I was about to order same system for my big bore from them , but now i will probably look for other options. Im sure they can fix it easily once they get pipes back, but how long that gonna take time? Looks like they never rushing.
Paddedcell100 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddedcell100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 22:39
I was saving up for a Smaltmoto sysyem a couple of years back and ended up spending the cash on a set of BST's instead, i have to say that im glad i did now, regardless of how small a company is there's just no excuse for that is there, not when its tied in with the time it takes to produce, lack of response to communications etc.
I really feel for you Nitro, I'd be as gutted as you obviously are...i just hope that they do sort it out for you and in a much quicker time than they took to make it in the first place.   
Better to have something you don't need than need something you don't have....
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 22:47
They made the single pipe headers for mine and after being setup by Pcr it made less power than the original headers with a single rear crossover pipe, they have been hanging up in my shed ever since.
Paddedcell100 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddedcell100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 23:20
Originally posted by 426hemi 426hemi wrote:

They made the single pipe headers for mine and after being setup by Pcr it made less power than the original headers with a single rear crossover pipe, they have been hanging up in my shed ever since.

Jesus, really....not a great advertisement at all then...i know James Wiggins loves his gen 2 set up from them(and it made good power)but it seems far more miss than hit with what you end up with, and for the price they charge that's just not on..
Better to have something you don't need than need something you don't have....
legend88 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2017 at 08:57
You see such a lot of negative info about these guys, I wonder why people bother, especially as you say given the prices. Will they ever have the resources to out develop Akra?
nitroargi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitroargi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2017 at 09:32
got to keep moving forward...fixed the problem localy

badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2017 at 09:45
Well done that looks much better you're almost there can't wait to see the end of this build it's been a fantastic thread.
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Shredder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2017 at 12:02

got to keep moving forward...fixed the problem locally

looks great mate, Nice nice bit of modding/welding, Still this smaltmoto or watever there called didn't foot that fabrication bill did they? I'd send them pics and demand a partial refund for the headache, And the should do it as you now saved them the ballache of pissing about with it themselves or simply refunding you completely so they dodgy a bullet even if they give you some money back.

Can I ask everyone why these guys seem to have a Holly Grail status with RSV owners?

Their Super expensive?
They don't really look super expensive? I mean akra still look better quality finish to me?
They don't make massive power compared to other systems?
They never fit correctly? 

So why my I ask have another 4/5 members posted just here alone about having them? Wheres the rep coming from?

Sorry to sh*te on people  but multiple f*** ups with bad support they deserve it!

nitroargi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitroargi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2017 at 06:26
Finally I was able to contact Konstantin and he offered to buy back the system...this is not something I would like to do know so we kind of trying to figure out how this may work.

Smaltmoto is in a transition right now and up of sale...whatever that means. Hope to continue doing their stuff so we can enjoy their products for our bikes. 

I thought my options for a system and to be honest it was either EVO6 or Smaltmoto but finding a good EVO6 it is next to impossible these days so that's why I went with the Smaltmoto option.

During the weekend we will fabricate some new spacers and bits and move on with the build
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Shredder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2017 at 10:14

Finally I was able to contact Konstantin and he offered to buy back the system...this is not something I would like to do know so we kind of trying to figure out how this may work.

Smaltmoto is in a transition right now and up of sale...whatever that means. Hope to continue doing their stuff so we can enjoy their products for our bikes. 

I thought my options for a system and to be honest it was either EVO6 or Smaltmoto but finding a good EVO6 it is next to impossible these days so that's why I went with the Smaltmoto option.

During the weekend we will fabricate some new spacers and bits and move on with the build

AS i said above dude,IF you now happy with them after no doubt countless hours faffing about and money spent sorting them.Just ask them back a partial refund as a good will gesture.If I have a customer in my line of business suffer that with a product from me i'd offer before they even ask and consider myself lucky if a break even on cost! let alone still making money.Cash lost and "working for free" make one much more determined to make less mistakes in the future,Consider it a learning curve for them :) that they will actually take note off.Sadly unless people feel that sting with money they never learn or put in effort to change!

nitroargi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitroargi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2017 at 12:54
I suggested a refund of the cost for the mod to the system as well as transpotation costs for the bike from the shop to the machinery and back and still waiting for a response...hope all goes well 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2223242526 28>
  Share Topic