rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RSV / RSVR / FACTORY > General Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Aprilia RSV "Speciale" Project

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2122232425 28>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Fugly View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fugly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2017 at 10:33
I can't wait to see the total weight saving when the bike is finished Nitro, stunning simply stunning
Full Arrows system, 1060 Big Bore, PC5 and Evo Airbox. Bring on the big grin!
nitroargi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitroargi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2017 at 18:30
Originally posted by 426hemi 426hemi wrote:

Paul at pcr performance is talking to this guy for me about making one of these for the rsv, quick change kit and they are very well made, be as easy to make 2😏.
http://l74trackandrace.co.uk/shop/4591723733/kawasaki-zx6r-2009-premium/10517047

That does look trick indeed but not in my plans at the moment mate...will keep the link for later use!

So now I am waiting for my custom loom to be made and I think I will lose some weight there. I hope the new loom to be around 2kg (original was 5kg).

Maybe I will have something later this month Tongue
bladebod View Drop Down
World Superbike Star
World Superbike Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bladebod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2017 at 13:09
Great work, dare I ask what the aim of the rebuild is, are you going to race it or something, or show it, 
redratbike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2017 at 13:34
Originally posted by bladebod bladebod wrote:

Great work, dare I ask what the aim of the rebuild is, are you going to race it or something, or show it, 
I'm guessing to make it lighter fasterbetter handling then ride the tits off it

www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk
Olie View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Olie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2017 at 17:58
I hope after all this we don't find out he's a good few ston overweight
nitroargi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitroargi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2017 at 06:22
Originally posted by bladebod bladebod wrote:

Hello mate, the promary aim is to finally finish it!! Tongue

For sure this is not for show only and I am planning to ride the bike in sunday blasts etc...don't know about racing but maybe a trackday or two would be nice

nitroargi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitroargi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2017 at 06:23
Originally posted by Olie Olie wrote:

I hope after all this we don't find out he's a good few ston overweight

I hope so too mate!! Tongue
nitroargi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitroargi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2017 at 06:12
Hello all, 

It seems that Photobucket went mad and wants a small fortune to allow third party hosting...any suggestions for another host for pictures?

I need to fix this for future use...
redratbike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2017 at 06:52
I think you can still put links up but not the 3rd party picture hosting

So the link would take you back to photobucket to view rather than look at the photo direct on the forum

www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
nitroargi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitroargi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2017 at 07:20
I guess it will look better
Johnboy View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2017 at 07:44
Does Dropbox work ? I've not got an account, just wondering?
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2017 at 13:27
Not sure how that works John, I've had an account for years but never really looked into what it can do,I've just used it for sharing filed too big to email or Skype
www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk

Looking forward to the next track day
Af1 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Af1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2017 at 14:12

Or pay £5 and join the enhanced member group that will link your pictures for you. Like so

nitroargi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitroargi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2017 at 11:07
Got the premium member login and I started to fix the links to my photobuacket account...everything will be up there for future use!
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2017 at 11:31
This Photobucket thing is a pita,the internet is littered with broken links disrupting reading Angry

I hope it backfires on them and they end up losing out long term

www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk

Looking forward to the next track day
Af1 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Af1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2017 at 12:08

All the photo hosting sites are crap imho ( they all are slow, faulty or just difficult to use ) I have been looking, why are they all useless ?
Diablo View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2017 at 12:59
Don't know, but I've clocked you wheels and can now think of little else again LOL
Question everything.
Af1 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Af1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2017 at 13:18

The wife is upset because I bring the bike inside !
Theft prevention, and I like looking at it !
Diablo View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2017 at 13:21
Spot on and quite right too, on both accounts Wink
Question everything.
Af1 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Af1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2017 at 18:41

Just noted that in the usa a supplier on ebay is selling titanium front axles which fit both generations of the rsv and rsv4.

[IMG][/IMG]

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DUCATI-749-999-TITANIUM-FRONT-AXLE-VERY-LIGHT-WEIGHT-RACE-READY-/112488027658?hash=item1a30cf160a:g:Lc4AAOSwt4RZb-To

200g and £120 plus post.....
nitroargi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitroargi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2017 at 20:17
Jollygiant View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member
Carbon Whore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jollygiant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2017 at 20:26
imgur.com are the new Photobucket.
Check out my pre-preg carbon fibre
www.jollyscarbon.co.uk
www.facebook.com/jollyscarbon
www.instagram.com/jollyscarbon

Has done The Ring…..Slowly but I did it!!
nitroargi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitroargi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2017 at 20:36
nitroargi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitroargi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2017 at 20:36
Fugly View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fugly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2017 at 08:56
Does it live Nitro or is that Dash image a self test sweep of the display?

Please tell me it's running Clap
nitroargi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitroargi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2017 at 09:06
Self test for now mate...getting there...it only takes time!
Fugly View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fugly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2017 at 13:08
Originally posted by nitroargi nitroargi wrote:

Self test for now mate...getting there...it only takes time!

You forgot the money element mate Cry
nitroargi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitroargi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2017 at 13:29
At the moment is all a matter of time mate...money is already spended for most of the parts remaining to bolt on
nitroargi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitroargi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2017 at 18:48
Wow the progress with the custom loom is rapid!!

nitroargi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitroargi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2017 at 12:13
So here it is...after all the waiting the new loom is finally ready and the end result is more than satisfying. The new loom alone weight just over a kilo!!

The loom including the stock rectifier weights 1424gr...I think I can find a mosfet rectifier that weights less

And this is the final number inluding the Ignijet ECU with all its cables....1986gr

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2122232425 28>
  Share Topic