rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RSV / RSVR / FACTORY > General Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Aprilia RSV "Speciale" Project

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 25262728>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
nitroargi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitroargi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 07:56
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 15:19
Is this the finished article? She looks great. Im surprised that the OZ wheels remain instead of going full carbon considering the effort you've gone to to reduce weight . Like other's I've followed this from the start and i take my hat of to you its one hell of an rsvThumbs Up
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left
nitroargi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitroargi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 19:30
Hey badapple,

For now the OZ will have to do..with a marriage in less than a month they will have to wait...wedding gift anyone?? Tongue

Still a few things to do
Steve750 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve750 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 20:31
I'm sure everyone could contribute towards your wife's wedding gift 😂
nitroargi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitroargi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2018 at 17:21
Weighted the old lady today...fully wet with the 20lt plastic tank weights 194kg. Not the number I was aiming for to be honest but I know I can drop below 190 mark with minor changes.

Has anyone weighted their bike?
Steve750 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve750 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2018 at 20:06
looks stunning. Not sure what a standing bike weighs?
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2018 at 20:35
Mine weighs just under 200kg fully wet, main saving has been the bst's and lithium battery, exhaust and carbon bodywork.
nitroargi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitroargi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2018 at 20:44
Originally posted by 426hemi 426hemi wrote:

Mine weighs just under 200kg fully wet, main saving has been the bst's and lithium battery, exhaust and carbon bodywork.

No carbon rims just yet...do you remember how much did you saved with the BST's compared to the stock OZ's??

I think I can drop another 5-7kg with BST, titanium screws, lose the stock headlight, carbon tank if I make someone to make me one.
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2018 at 20:48
Didn't weigh the oz's but the bst's do make a notable difference to the bike, would love a carbon tank on mine but Richard isn't making any for the early gen1 yet but fingers crossed and all that 🤞
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2018 at 21:35
Originally posted by nitroargi nitroargi wrote:

Hey badapple,

For now the OZ will have to do..with a marriage in less than a month they will have to wait...wedding gift anyone?? Tongue

Still a few things to do

Thats fair enough they aint cheap thats for sure. She's looking great though buddy carbon wheels will definitely drop a few kilos. There's a wheel weight section on here somewhere which gives the weight of all the options for our bikes that will tell you how much more you can easily lose. 
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2018 at 21:37
nitroargi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitroargi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2018 at 21:55
According to this chart changing to a set of BST's will save another 2.4kg.

The stock headlight weights another 1.5kg and if I change all bolts with titanium that should save 2-2.5kg. That sums to around 6kg reduction give or take...meaning 188 wet. On the other hand it also means €5000 Smile
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2018 at 22:35
Wow 5k is crazy for 6kg. I suppose thats the trouble once you start you can't stop. Better get saving 
Jollygiant View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member
Carbon Whore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jollygiant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2018 at 05:20
Or it has lost more weight and Aprilia was lying about the standard weight in the first place!
Check out my pre-preg carbon fibre
www.jollyscarbon.co.uk
www.facebook.com/jollyscarbon
www.instagram.com/jollyscarbon

Has done The Ring…..Slowly but I did it!!
nitroargi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitroargi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2018 at 07:11
Originally posted by Jollygiant Jollygiant wrote:

Or it has lost more weight and Aprilia was lying about the standard weight in the first place!

Hello mate I used to work at a motorcycle magazine back in the day and the 230kg wet is a figure we measured. Losing 34kg is not easy considering I am using pretty "conventional" parts. I know the way to ger it down to 187kg (-43 from stock) and I have examples of NOT road legal RSV's which are down below 170 but with custom made parts which I cannot produce.

nitroargi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitroargi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2018 at 10:30
Originally posted by badapple badapple wrote:

Wow 5k is crazy for 6kg. I suppose thats the trouble once you start you can't stop. Better get saving 

I rather spend less on the upcoming honeymoon and just ride this thing already!! Wink
dog78 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dog78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2018 at 10:54
Hi Nitro,  has it been Dynoed yet?  Amazing looking bike.
nitroargi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitroargi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2018 at 12:31
Only up to 7500rpm...it made 110Hp. It is safe to say that when it is done it will be around 140-145 @ tbw which is what I was aiming for. Torque on the other hand is what I am waiting to see where it will end up to
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2018 at 18:33

Originally posted by badapple badapple wrote:

I rather spend less on the upcoming honeymoon and just ride this thing already!! Wink

Sounds like the best option to me Nitro enjoy it. 
nitroargi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitroargi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2018 at 21:49
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2018 at 23:21
Now that's a view. How was it?
nitroargi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitroargi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2018 at 09:27
I could never imagine that riding a 20 year old bike after five long years of waiting could be so rewarding.

badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2018 at 13:47
Thats a very very long time to wait my friend.  Your bike looks phenomenal and its spec that can't be seen is huge i bet its an absolute riot to ride. Are you able to wind her up yet or still running in? I have to say when i lived in Greece I didn't see many sports bikes and the roads were sketchy your a brave man riding something like that over there......I rode a DT125 and that was quick enough but i was on the islands not the mainland whereabouts are you Nitro?
nitroargi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitroargi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2018 at 15:29
I live and work in Athens but I get to travel a lot due to the nature of the job.

Now I am on holidays in the Northern part of Peloponnese.

I may have time to sort a video out from the running in...please excuse the lack of proper equipment
nitroargi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitroargi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2018 at 15:03
nitroargi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitroargi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 08:55
I thought something felt wrong with my STM slipper clutch...now to find a spare part, any ideas where??

redratbike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 13:14
hm racing here in the uk?

www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk
Diablo View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 13:15
Or contact the official importer for Greece?
Question everything.
Af1 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Af1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 15:46

on performance bikes forum a similar problem has been discussed (you need to sign in).

the clutch exploded locking the engine.

was lucky it was low rpm.

badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 20:56

Nice vid your bike sounds lovely and goes well buddy but those roads are so bumpy! I lived in Corfu for a season and rode a little DT125R which was much more suitable . Your a brave man indeed.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 25262728>
  Share Topic