rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RSV / RSVR / FACTORY > General Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Aprilia RSV "Speciale" Project

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122 28>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
nitroargi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitroargi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2016 at 09:56
What  do you mean hemi? I haven't seen the Oberon yet up close...what should I look for? Any pic?
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2016 at 11:27
The evoluzione slave I have has a small bearing inside that the clutch rod sits on, it allows the rod to spin without heating up the slave cylinder causing the fluid to go black.
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2016 at 12:25
Damn good idea that,is a proper thrust bearing?

I have a spare MPL that I've just got a seal kit for and I notice that has slight wear marks from the rod,didn't notice what the oem slave was like when I resealed that recently though.

I might look into machining the MPL piston to take a proper thrust bearing at some time

www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk

Looking forward to the next track day
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2016 at 12:38
The oberon one must be the same then never had black fluid
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left
nitroargi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitroargi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2016 at 12:44
Will check today and let you guys know...
nitroargi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitroargi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2016 at 16:57
No bearing in the Oberon slave cylinder and from what I was told the fluids from the TUONO it was used before were black

Soooooo I will give it a go with some mods and if I don't like the EVO will go back in
Johnboy View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2016 at 17:25
The fluid goes black because of the disimilar metals involved, in the cylinder, well that's my opinion. Oil doesnt go black because it gets hot, unless it's oxidised.
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2016 at 17:41
I'd agree with that as several people have said a liberal coating of silicone lube at assembly keeps the black away.

How the brake doesn't go black is never explained
www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk

426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2016 at 17:50
Had the evo slave with the bearing on mine for around ten years and the fluid has never gone black in all those years.
nitroargi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitroargi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2016 at 18:25
Johnboy View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2016 at 18:37
Looking sweet, the detail is a pleasure to behold Nitro
nitroargi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitroargi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2016 at 18:41
Still a zillion things to do mate...found some really nice handlebar switches that I may be tempted to get next month TongueTongue
geobarb View Drop Down
World Superbike Star
World Superbike Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geobarb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2016 at 19:33
Clap
redratbike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2016 at 19:44
Looking good argi

www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Fugly View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fugly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2016 at 09:23
Getting ever closer Thumbs Up
And looking so damn sweet
Full Arrows system, 1060 Big Bore, PC5 and Evo Airbox. Bring on the big grin!
Coops View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2016 at 13:04
Holy crap!!! thats looking sublime :D
andananimal View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andananimal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2016 at 21:06
Originally posted by nitroargi nitroargi wrote:

On other news from the bike today...

Hi nitro, have a quick question if you don't mind, is there a way to know the difference between an iconal (is that right?) oil tank and a stainless steel one? I have a 2003 mille R but it has the black oil tank and I believe that I want the iconal tank that saves quite a bit of weight. However it seems there are also stainless steel ones, so there are 3 versions of this oil sump tank??
2003 Mille R Gen 1
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2016 at 11:54
As far as I am aware there is only 2 variants , the black mild steel and the bare stainless tanks.
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2016 at 12:31
That's what I thought as well

Things to look for are, the mild steel ones are prone to rusting and the stainless ones stress crack, you pays yer money and..........

www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk

andananimal View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andananimal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2016 at 18:17
Originally posted by nitroargi nitroargi wrote:

Both original and inox oil tanks end up in my scale today...besides the obvious advantage that the inox one from the R models will last longer it is also lighter! Something more that 560gr to be exact!!!

OK i see, a quick google and inox is stainless steel, never heard it called that before hence my confusion! Thanks for helping clear it up.
2003 Mille R Gen 1
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2016 at 19:35
Fit some oz wheels best way to lose some weight and improve the handling

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
nitroargi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitroargi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2016 at 15:31
Hello people!

I am at the shop working with the bike...trying to fit the Samco kit...any ideas why I have a piece with part number 2110 that can't seem to fit anywhere???? TongueTongueTongue
nitroargi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitroargi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2016 at 21:22
nitroargi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitroargi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2016 at 21:24
Interesting find today...got rid of the switches a had on the bike 

This one is the original Aprilia on off switch

and this one is from a Honda
nitroargi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitroargi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2016 at 21:25
Busy day today with some friends coming over to see the project coming along

There she is...

nitroargi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitroargi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2016 at 21:26
Diablo View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2016 at 21:32
Question everything.
nitroargi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitroargi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2016 at 21:38
Looking sweet...I think I have a spare carbon one somewhere!!
Diablo View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2016 at 21:41
One step ahead! Like it Wink
Question everything.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2016 at 21:58
Looking good Argi

Can I ask why you have adaptor plates on the calipers?

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122 28>
  Share Topic