rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RSV / RSVR / FACTORY > General Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Aprilia RSV "Speciale" Project

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 28>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Jollygiant View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member
Carbon Whore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jollygiant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2015 at 10:46
Thanks. Ill have to do a new one.

I'm working on a website to but seeing as I'm a spastic orangutang at the best of times it's taking a while.
Check out my pre-preg carbon fibre
www.jollyscarbon.co.uk
www.facebook.com/jollyscarbon
www.instagram.com/jollyscarbon

Has done The Ring…..Slowly but I did it!!
NickyBoy1984 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Exhaust freak!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickyBoy1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2015 at 10:49
Originally posted by nitroargi nitroargi wrote:

Another really nice alternative for the 98-00 tank is the lovely one made in Japan by Moto-Works

It is made from aluminium and it holds 2lt more fuel...this one is from a mate that got it from them. They will not ship outside Japan and the proce is €3000!!! Love it...

I love that vent on the tank that the breather hose hooks up to, it just looks race bike trick...!

NickyBoy
www.rsvr.net
www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk
nitroargi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitroargi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2015 at 10:56
I have the original steel tank from my bike and maybe I can remove the color and add a nipple like that...maybe a tuono project next??? Big smileBig smileBig smile
nitroargi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitroargi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2015 at 14:51
Originally posted by redratbike redratbike wrote:

Hey Jollygiant...most of the pics in that link don't work anymore so I can't see any of your carbon bits!
try the facebook page

Really nice stuff there...but can't seem to figure out what is commercially available and what's a personal project. 

Undetray, ECU cover and oil tnak cover seem nice for example...a one off instrument subframe would be nice addition like the one they had in WSBK...I think I have a pic somewhere!
Jollygiant View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member
Carbon Whore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jollygiant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2015 at 15:41

Originally posted by redratbike redratbike wrote:

Hey Jollygiant...most of the pics in that link don't work anymore so I can't see any of your carbon bits!
try the facebook page

Really nice stuff there...but can't seem to figure out what is commercially available and what's a personal project. 

Undetray, ECU cover and oil tnak cover seem nice for example...a one off instrument subframe would be nice addition like the one they had in WSBK...I think I have a pic somewhere!
I really need to go though it and sort it out.
The exhaust hangers, under tray, ECU cover aren't for sale as the they were my 1st parts and the moulds aren't really any good and I'm not sure if I could get another one out and they are costly just to throw away if they don't come out.
I am having an oil tank cover mould made as again my original mould broke up. (I've decided that I'm not very good at making moulds!!
Just ask if you want something just ask and I'll let you know, as I'd rather making something that someone wants and sell it straight away than make it and have it sitting around, as you can appreciate that the materials are expensive and for a hobby/ starter business I can't really afford to have finished stuff sitting around really as the wife start using about it!!

Check out my pre-preg carbon fibre
www.jollyscarbon.co.uk
www.facebook.com/jollyscarbon
www.instagram.com/jollyscarbon

Has done The Ring…..Slowly but I did it!!
nitroargi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitroargi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2015 at 17:52
Anything that will save me weight and isn't already in the project interests me...my aim is to lose as much weight as possible. I am already below 200kg in my latest measurement and the absolute goal is to go below 190kg wet weight
nitroargi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitroargi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2015 at 07:53
Next up is the clutch system that I just had to upgrade!

The obvious first step is to throw away the lines and fit some braided one instead. Of course that wouldn't change much in terms of performance and the heavy feeling of the factory clutch would remain. So I decided to go all the way step by step and change everything.

Brembo radial pump was the way to go and the 16x18 find its way on th left hand side of the handlebar. Less effort to pull the clutch with a little more feel to it. Another pump this time the secondary one down below on the left side of the engine was changed with an after market Evoluzione.

The larger piston of the gold pump made the function even lighter for everyday riding but the thing that changed everything was a racing STM slipper clutch system! Boy what a work of art this baby is...I kept the Kevlar discs but changed the original slipper clutch with this Italian beauty which is so same that I had to hide with the engine cover...times like this I envy the Ducati boys! The operation of the clutch is now a dream with ultra light feeling and the performance of the STM system is mind blowing on the track since you can feel the clutch working while down shifting!

Coops View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2015 at 09:20
Damn this bike just keeps getting better and better ☺
nitroargi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitroargi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2015 at 06:55
Here is a funny figure...wanna save weight of around 200gr from your bike with only €20?? Change the fuel cap!!! Got it from Ebay and is genuine producta made in China...anodising was crap so I had to do it again but does the job...for now

Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Exhaust freak!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickyBoy1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2015 at 08:17
Nice parts there Nitro!!!

NickyBoy
www.rsvr.net
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
geobarb View Drop Down
World Superbike Star
World Superbike Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geobarb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2015 at 16:35
That STM clutch is a jewel.
Can someone find a way to show this masterpiece.
Anyone tested a transparent cover?

redratbike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2015 at 16:56
Originally posted by geobarb geobarb wrote:

That STM clutch is a jewel.
Can someone find a way to show this masterpiece.
Anyone tested a transparent cover?

yes and with led's

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
geobarb View Drop Down
World Superbike Star
World Superbike Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geobarb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2015 at 17:19
The leds look Confused really bad in my opinion.
I wonder how that is looking with out them.
I suspect that the visibility will not be clear,with the oils and stuff in there.
Maybe looks like misting on the lens
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2015 at 17:43
Originally posted by geobarb geobarb wrote:

The leds look Confused really bad in my opinion.
I wonder how that is looking with out them.
I suspect that the visibility will not be clear,with the oils and stuff in there.
Maybe looks like misting on the lens
have a look
http://www.reachoo.com/ads/25968323

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
geobarb View Drop Down
World Superbike Star
World Superbike Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geobarb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2015 at 17:53
Thanks redrat for the link.
The clutch looks oem,and the color of the clutch is not helping for seeing the visibility through the lens.
With the red color of STM the misting will show more i think
nitroargi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitroargi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2015 at 17:58
Actualy there is a way to show off the aftermarket slipper clutch! Wink

I am waiting for a guy to get back to me on something that is so simple to do that will blow your minds...
nitroargi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitroargi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2015 at 18:10
Just a sneak peak...

geobarb View Drop Down
World Superbike Star
World Superbike Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geobarb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2015 at 18:14
Hi nitroargi,you have opened so many tasks on your bike Confused.
I wonder how you keep up with all of them,with the bike in pieces.
When will you install the motor back on the bike?
When the big bore is on the road please inform us for the results asap Thumbs Up.I cant wait for mine!!!Tongue
Thanks
nitroargi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitroargi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2015 at 18:26
My moto is that everything will happen at the right time...I am not rushing things and taking my time on this project.

New heads are since yesterday in the machine shop for evaluation and OEM fuel flow measurement so I should have them back in ine week or so...the lower part of the engine is already assembled and the big bore kit is ready to take its place. Pro-bolt engine kit alumnium bolts are on the way and I am waiting for the heads in order to put it back together.

when finished it should look something like this...I hope!

nitroargi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitroargi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2015 at 11:04
Talking about weight saving I really have to mention my friend Backys Power Cells who was kind enough to make me a new LiFePo4 battery and saves 3kg!!! The new battery is smaller too which means that I can finally modify the undertray with a carbon cover that eliminates the ugly battery tray

Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2015 at 11:18

Talking about weight saving I really have to mention my friend Backys Power Cells who was kind enough to make me a new LiFePo4 battery and saves 3kg!!! The new battery is smaller too which means that I can finally modify the undertray with a carbon cover that eliminates the ugly battery tray
its good to have friends,,,ha ha ha ..... seems this is the way forward with batteries..i may look into this next year really like the idea od getting rid of the battery box hanging down as well as the weight saving

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2015 at 11:18
[QUOTE=nitroargi]Just a sneak peak...

[/Q
UOTE] thats looks good

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Exhaust freak!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickyBoy1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2015 at 17:57

My moto is that everything will happen at the right time...I am not rushing things and taking my time on this project.

New heads are since yesterday in the machine shop for evaluation and OEM fuel flow measurement so I should have them back in ine week or so...the lower part of the engine is already assembled and the big bore kit is ready to take its place. Pro-bolt engine kit alumnium bolts are on the way and I am waiting for the heads in order to put it back together.

when finished it should look something like this...I hope!

Oooooooo is that an SP engine....?
Looks like magnesium side cover too....?

NickyBoy
www.rsvr.net
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
nitroargi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitroargi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2015 at 18:14
Yes this is WSBK engine that I love looking at...I also made the head covers black and the bolts are blue anodised like the one in the pic.

Magnesium cases are nice but impossible to find as well as the dry clutch

These are my head covers

Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Exhaust freak!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickyBoy1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2015 at 19:38
Uber nice

NickyBoy
www.rsvr.net
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2015 at 21:28
Bloody hell this bike is nuts!!!!!!
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left
nitroargi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitroargi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2015 at 21:57
Just to make it clear...the SP engine is not mine...just a pic I found online 
nitroargi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitroargi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2015 at 05:03
Another thing that at first was skeptical about adding to the bike was the ignition amplifier. The early bikes were famous for their on/off feel when trying to come back on power. No matter how smooth you were on the throttle the power delivery was pretty brutal. I got the tip that if I upgrade the ignition of the bike and plugs the power deliver will become way smoother. Installation of the Evoluzione products is pretty straight forward with really good instructions. I just couldn't believe how much better the bike felt after that! It turns out that the stronger power to the plugs along with the new silicone wires made the burning of the fuel more efficient feeling the bike to work smoother...go figure! 

wink
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2015 at 10:11
i had one of these coming to me from abroad and lost it when the parcel was sabotaged along with a pc3 ,evo airbox and a map selector controller...bugger bugger bugger.

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2015 at 11:23
yep they are nice and evoluzione made some nice gear, shame he's no longer going.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 28>
  Share Topic