rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RSV / RSVR / FACTORY > General Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Aprilia RSV "Speciale" Project

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 28>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
NickyBoy1984 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Exhaust freak!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickyBoy1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2015 at 17:16
Originally posted by IanG IanG wrote:

You want sharper bite for the road?  Shocked

Yip, there are lots of places were I like to fly past my Mates on their Panigales and HP4's on my 13 year old girl and stuff it right in their faces and laugh, mind you by the time we come off the roundabout on to the next straight they've left me for dead again lol, oh well, there's always the next roundabout pmsl

NickyBoy
www.rsvr.net
www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Exhaust freak!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickyBoy1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2015 at 17:20
Originally posted by nitroargi nitroargi wrote:

Originally posted by NickyBoy1984 NickyBoy1984 wrote:

Yeah the RCS 19x20 Brembo one, I'am hoping it makes a big difference, I'am after lots of sharp bite with the setup I've got planned!

NickyBoy

19X20 actually is a lot better than stock, not only improves the power of the brakes but also dramaticaly improves the feeling from the lever

Yes the RSV with the Tigs on the video is mine Tongue

Great info cheers, thought it was your bike, I must've watched that video about 150 times, NO SERIOUSLY LOL....!!

NickyBoy
www.rsvr.net
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
kiwi_rsvr View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member
EX Dr Frankie Stein (splitter)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwi_rsvr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2015 at 17:20
Race you through the Burnham Bends any day Censored
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Exhaust freak!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickyBoy1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2015 at 17:22
Originally posted by kiwi_rsvr kiwi_rsvr wrote:

Your On!

NickyBoy
www.rsvr.net
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2015 at 17:42

Originally posted by IanG IanG wrote:

You want sharper bite for the road?  Shocked

Yip, there are lots of places were I like to fly past my Mates on their Panigales and HP4's on my 13 year old girl and stuff it right in their faces and laugh, mind you by the time we come off the roundabout on to the next straight they've left me for dead again lol, oh well, there's always the next roundabout pmsl

NickyBoy

Seriously mate,it sounds to me like you need to stop riding the roads and move to trackdays.

Braking like that into roundabouts is going to get you seriously hurt one day.
www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk

Looking forward to the next track day
kiwi_rsvr View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member
EX Dr Frankie Stein (splitter)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwi_rsvr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2015 at 17:54
Right January it is and its on ............

Originally posted by kiwi_rsvr kiwi_rsvr wrote:

Your On!

NickyBoy
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
nitroargi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitroargi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2015 at 17:55
NickyBoy it sounds you are serious addicted to the Tigcraft sound!! Tongue

In the video the bike is with my previous engine setup with Pistal high compression pistons and 2001-2003 heads...I hope to be even better after I am done with the latest version of the engine

426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2015 at 18:14
Your going to love the 1103, they make a hell of a difference😍
nitroargi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitroargi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2015 at 18:34
Still a lot to do before fitting the engine back in the frame but I am realy excited 426hemi

Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Exhaust freak!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickyBoy1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2015 at 20:34

NickyBoy it sounds you are serious addicted to the Tigcraft sound!! Tongue

In the video the bike is with my previous engine setup with Pistal high compression pistons and 2001-2003 heads...I hope to be even better after I am done with the latest version of the engine

I've got a serious addiction to ANY exhaust system Mate lol

NickyBoy
www.rsvr.net
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
nitroargi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitroargi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2015 at 07:26
Wheels are one of the most important updates that I have done to the old lady. Stock five spoke Brembo items may look good...after all they are the same as the SP model...but OZ Racing babies look even better!!

The good thing with this mod is that it is basically a bolt on job if you swap wheels from the same generation and in the process you gain 2.3kg which is a pretty big deal for sprung weight. The bike does everything better, cornering is effortless and both acceleration and braking are improved!

A nice small addition to the blue Italian beauties were the yellow custom made OZ Racing decals that I had them made in UK at ezgraphics.

Considering how big of a difference the lighter wheel made to the bike in the future it would be ideal to follow 426hemi's route and get a set of BST carbon wheels

andananimal View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andananimal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2015 at 14:41
Great thread nitro following with a lot of interest! appreciate the description and photos it helps me with ideas for mine
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Exhaust freak!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickyBoy1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2015 at 10:06
Originally posted by andananimal andananimal wrote:

Great thread nitro following with a lot of interest! appreciate the description and photos it helps me with ideas for mine

+ 1

NickyBoy
www.rsvr.net
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
nitroargi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitroargi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2015 at 05:05
Thanks again guys

The idea was exactly that...to give as much info as possible for other projects. 
nitroargi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitroargi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2015 at 05:10
Some really nice weight figures for the wheels that I am borrowing fromApriliaForum.com

1998-2005 Mille, Tuono and Falco Brembo 5 Spokes cast front: 4,20 Kg
1998-2005 Mille, Tuono and Falco Brembo 5 Spokes cast rear: 6,70 Kg
2000 RSV Mille SP "Race SP" OZ-Magnesium front: 2,35 Kg
2000 RSV Mille SP "Race SP" OZ-Magnesium rear: 3,65 Kg
2000-2002 RSV Mille-R ME, RP OZ-forged front: 3,40 Kg
2000-2002 RSV Mille-R ME, RP OZ-forged rear: 5,20 Kg
2003 Tuono Racing RP OZ-forged front: 3,59 Kg
2003 Tuono Racing RP OZ-forged rear: 5,37 Kg
2004-RSV 1000R Factory RR OZ-forged front: 3,40 Kg
2004-RSV 1000R Factory RR OZ-forged rear: 5,00 Kg
2004 RSV 1000R NERA RR OZ-Magnesium front: 3,10 Kg
2004 RSV 1000R NERA RR OZ-Magnesium rear: 4,30 Kg
2006-RSV 1000R RR OZ-look-alike Malgatech cast front: 4,90 Kg
2006-RSV 1000R RR OZ-look-alike Malgatech cast rear: 7,50 Kg
2006-Tuono 1000R RR OZ-look-alike Malgatech cast front: 4,90 Kg
2006-Tuono 1000R RR OZ-look-alike Malgatech cast rear: 7,50 Kg

nitroargi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitroargi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2015 at 07:29
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2015 at 10:03
Mmmmmm carbon. Loving this thread I can dream.
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left
nitroargi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitroargi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2015 at 10:56
I managed to gather all the carbon bits over the years and I can tell you it wasn't an easy task. Parts for the first Mille are getting rare by the year so it was even more difficult to find carbon bits from the same supplier. I think it is worth every bit because when I compare the weight with the stock parts I lost 5kg from the bodywork alone

The carbnon tank on the other hand is a dream that I need to forget because I can't seem to get someone to make one for me at a reasonable price. So I went with the obvious choice of the the plastic one from the 2000 R model. I remember loosing 2kg but I will have to get back to you with this figuew since I think it may be more

-7kg is pretty awesome in my book!
Coops View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2015 at 11:01
I love this bike . . . . would love the mid fairings where did you get them?
redratbike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2015 at 11:04
Originally posted by Coops Coops wrote:

I love this bike . . . . would love the mid fairings where did you get them?
qb carbon stock them or wait till ckennedy gets the moulds completed and starts to sell the carbon fairings

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Coops View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2015 at 11:12
Thanks redratbike   
nitroargi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitroargi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2015 at 11:13
These parts are original Aprilia Racing...not crazy quality but are pretty light
nitroargi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitroargi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2015 at 11:25
I would love to get a carbon undertray to replace the original...now that would be something special and if I could get rid of the ugly battery box that would be ideal!

Something like this made by Jolly Giant's Carbonising.

He claims more that 1kg weight saving but he made this one off...maybe we can ask for a group buy to get him to make some more?? LOLLOLLOL
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2015 at 12:13

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Diablo View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2015 at 12:40
That is a considerable weight saving! 7kg on bodywork!

I had not seen the Jolly Giant carbon under tray before. I like that! I wonder if the battery is changed to a smaller lithium one? He has an FB page, might have to brave the dreaded FB for a few mins to ask him!

I turned my base 2001/2 RSV into an "R+"  (Ohlins/Oz/carbon etc etc). I have been upgrading bits of bodywork to carbon and just picked up a new but 2nd hand QB carbon (one piece) bellypan yesterday. I am waiting to see how the Ckennedy (see thread) carbon ones turn out. Otherwise I would have placed a few orders for bodywork already! Of the manufacturers that still make carbon for the Rsv, some only make the earlier shapes for 98- 00, not the facelift 01. 02, 03. I wanted the later shaped fairings for my 01/ 02. But might change the seat shape to 03, as that is really growing on me. I want seat and rear cowl, rather than a single piece seat as I keep an emergency tool kit in there (and a fold up walking stick lol!).

I am sold on the big bore. But that will be next winter hopefully. (Keeping up with you and NickyBoy, Hemi etc is going to get expensive!! I don't mind as my Ape is also a keeper. I don't have to sell it to have other bikes. Not rich, just not got kids lol!)

Keep the posts coming, very interesting and gleaning much inspiration here! Thumbs Up

Question everything.
Jollygiant View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member
Carbon Whore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jollygiant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2015 at 17:29
I made another version of the undertray and made it flush fitting!
The moulds on the other hand are not the best as I made them and to be honest I don't know it I could get another one out of them. And it is a lot of work to get everything moved.

You can see my build thread with them in here... http://rsvr.net/carbon-whorage-and-other-parts_topic9721_page2.html

The sebimoto ones still have the battery box poking out.

I am making more cool carbon stuff so have a look at my FaceBook page and on EBay, but it will be cheaper though me!
Check out my pre-preg carbon fibre
www.jollyscarbon.co.uk
www.facebook.com/jollyscarbon
www.instagram.com/jollyscarbon

Has done The Ring…..Slowly but I did it!!
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Exhaust freak!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickyBoy1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2015 at 18:33
Ooooo nice, I love your collection of carbon bodywork Nitro, it's awesome....!

NickyBoy
www.rsvr.net
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
nitroargi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitroargi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2015 at 04:54
Hey Jollygiant...most of the pics in that link don't work anymore so I can't see any of your carbon bits!
nitroargi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitroargi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2015 at 10:12
Another really nice alternative for the 98-00 tank is the lovely one made in Japan by Moto-Works

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b8/NitroArgi/10743369_845453838822667_1228968650_n_zps9syyxsub.jpg

It is made from aluminium and it holds 2lt more fuel...this one is from a mate that got it from them. They will not ship outside Japan and the proce is €3000!!! Love it...
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2015 at 10:25

Hey Jollygiant...most of the pics in that link don't work anymore so I can't see any of your carbon bits!
try the facebook page

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 28>
  Share Topic