rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Chat > General Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

big bore 2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rybes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: big bore 2
    Posted: 10 Sep 2015 at 19:46
with all this talk on this forum about big bores id thought id go take a look to see whats about concerning them. ive found 2 differnt ones a 1060 and an 1102. also found a 1340 busa but thats another story. are big bores reliable enough to run as a daily ride or are they best left to occasional use. was never concerned about them till me missus got her black bird, the bitch ! and after the replies i got on here about bein left for dead, suddenly more power is appealin Big smile
ive just got my first vtwin and i think i got the right one
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2015 at 20:29
Either are perfectly reliable just depends on who has built them, just go with the main people who know what they are doing, say no more.
Smurffy View Drop Down
L Plates
L Plates

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smurffy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2015 at 20:30
Takes care of your translation needs, *and* faster than you... oh dear! ;)
Rybes View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rybes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2015 at 20:57
Originally posted by Smurffy Smurffy wrote:

Takes care of your translation needs, *and* faster than you... oh dear! ;)

embarrasingly mate, im actually english Embarrassed
Smurffy View Drop Down
L Plates
L Plates

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smurffy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2015 at 21:35
No worries mate, I kinda figured :)

Congrats to your better half with her new bike. Sounds like quite an upgrade!

NickyBoy1984 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Exhaust freak!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickyBoy1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2015 at 22:14
I use my 1060 hard every time it goes out in the dry, I do all sorts of riding and the big bore hasn't missed a beat, AP know hot to build a kick ass engine!!

NickyBoy
www.rsvr.net
www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk
Hudson View Drop Down
World Superbike Star
World Superbike Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hudson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2015 at 23:07
Rybes I've just had the 1060 Big Bore Kit fitted by Aprilia Performance. Griff and the lads did a fantastic job.
It went from 115bhp to 131bhp now that doesn't seem a lot but in the lower and midrange it has an extra 20bhp
Than when it was standard.
I had lots of other things fitted while it was there , here's a list : Evo Airbox Kit - 57m Throttle Bodies With Volocate Stacks - Modded Collector Box - power Comander 5 - Uprated Battery - Up Rated Starter Solenoid - Map Advancer - Eprom Performance Chip. And Fully Set Up On A Rolling Road.
Here's The Big Bit ....... Cost ........... £2,800 all in.
All The Parts Go Together To Make A Very Fast Bike . To Be Honest It Is Like Riding A New Bike .
All The Work Is Warranted For 12 Months By Aprilia Performance.
One Of The Best Moddeds You Can Get And Worth Every Penny.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Exhaust freak!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickyBoy1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2015 at 08:23
Originally posted by markrsvr15 markrsvr15 wrote:

What power you pulling from your big bore I have 78lb and I think 128bhp from mine will have to look at dyno sheet

I've got 132bhp and 86.4lb of torque which is the same amount of torque as a Desmosedeci!!

It's not all about the figures though, the big bore makes a big difference to how it drives forward in 4th and 5th on the gas, it's midrange is so big now, 2nd and 3rd gear wheelies are tooooooooo easy Hehee!

NickyBoy
www.rsvr.net
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Rybes View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rybes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2015 at 08:32
132 eh ? hmm blackbirds sposed to have 150. how could i get those other 18 horses ?
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Exhaust freak!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickyBoy1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2015 at 08:55
Originally posted by Rybes Rybes wrote:

132 eh ? hmm blackbirds sposed to have 150. how could i get those other 18 horses ?

L O T S more money lol, it is very possible, I've seen bikes on AF1 and over here by Southern Cross that were making 150bhp, dred to think of the cost though lol

NickyBoy
www.rsvr.net
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
geordie.robbie View Drop Down
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geordie.robbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2015 at 08:57
If your chasing numbers the easiest upgrade is a newer bike. Early rsv4 will give you about 160bhp at the wheel
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Exhaust freak!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickyBoy1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2015 at 09:04
Originally posted by geordie.robbie geordie.robbie wrote:

If your chasing numbers the easiest upgrade is a newer bike. Early rsv4 will give you about 160bhp at the wheel

Yeah that's exactly what it is mate, you want numbers, buy another bike lol, if you want a grunty bike that you can use all the power, all the time, get a big bore RSV Hehee

NickyBoy
www.rsvr.net
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
MountainMan View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MountainMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2015 at 09:18
Or ask Griff about that little bottle strapped to the side of his bike.
Rybes View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rybes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2015 at 09:24
rsv4 is way out of my price range. over here their fetchin around 23 grand for a 2009 http://www.dba.dk/aprilia-rsv4-factory-999/id-96369126/ my 2000 cost me 5 n arf grand and that was a cheap un so for me its big bore all the way if i want more power. either that or a busa but i like me rsvr more n more each time i get out on it. no where near ready to sell it yet
Garin View Drop Down
Admins Group
Admins Group
A Big Bore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Garin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2015 at 09:35
Just come back from Spain with my Big Bore Gen 2 Tuono, its done over 5000 miles since it was done used all the time and kicks out 142 bhp and 84 ft/lbs of Torque 

No Problems been just as reliable as it ever was just done over 32000 miles in total well worth doing 

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2015 at 09:39
Either more power or less weight, i like both but if you look on ebay you can pickup bst carbon rims second hand, they might not be specced for a rsv but its nothing a good machine shop couldn't sort with spacers and if you sell the bike you can take them out and re use. They are equivalent to 10hp and you save kg's.
redratbike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2015 at 09:44
Originally posted by 426hemi 426hemi wrote:

Either more power or less weight, i like both but if you look on ebay you can pickup bst carbon rims second hand, they might not be specced for a rsv but its nothing a good machine shop couldn't sort with spacers and if you sell the bike you can take them out and re use. They are equivalent to 10hp and you save kg's.
were yours meant for another bike then ?

as i see you like to fit different bits to your..gsxr shock,hayabusa forks,

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
simonb View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simonb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2015 at 09:54
I know it's all subjective but the reason i have the Tuono and the reason i had the Mille wasn't for big engine numbers but the way they put the power down and feel.
As mentioned above the best mod i have made to the Tuono is the fitting of Oz wheels so i imagine some Bst carbon would be even better.
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2015 at 09:55
Mine were rsv spec but wheels can be easily re spaced.
wigginsjp View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wigginsjp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2015 at 12:20
Most powerful 1060 pushing out 143.5 @ the wheel and possibly more now it is run in. As Nickboy says power wheelies in third on the throttle, no clutch if you get it right. Valve check and dyno run will be coming up. Been reliable 100%.
Aprilia RSVR Factory 2007 V2 1060cc Big Bore
Aprilia RSVR Factory 2004 Race Bike
Kawasaki ZX10R 2007 Race Bike
Aprilia Tuono V4 1100 Factory 2020
www.apworkshops.co.uk
kiwi_rsvr View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member
EX Dr Frankie Stein (splitter)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwi_rsvr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2015 at 12:41
Rybes , just put a restrictor in her airbox , knobbles top end power no end.
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Rybes View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rybes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2015 at 18:33
just ben searchin ebay kiwi but i cant find one dammit. altho it did get me thinkin, could i put an rsv4 engine in my gen 1 ?
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2015 at 18:37
Won't fit, already looked at that , the v4 is too wide but it would be nice.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2015 at 22:39
Originally posted by wigginsjp wigginsjp wrote:

Most powerful 1060 pushing out 143.5 @ the wheel and possibly more now it is run in. As Nickboy says power wheelies in third on the throttle, no clutch if you get it right. Valve check and dyno run will be coming up. Been reliable 100%.
or go 1100

When Kalex sat down and decided how to power its creation, they considered all sorts of options: KTM & Ducati v-twins, Honda & Suzuki inline-fours. But ultimately, Kalex settled on the Aprilia RSV motor made by Rotax. Bored out to 1,100cc, the modified powerplant makes a whopping 161 horsepower and 93 lbs•ft of torque.
http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/showthread.php?136570-Kalex-Av1&highlight=kalex    

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
j180 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote j180 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2015 at 23:34
My Tuoldo lifts off the throttle in 3rd without the big bore, open can and airbox plus chip. 16/44 sprockets help as well, not too bothered about top end these days as I mainly find twisty a and B roads
Rybes View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rybes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2015 at 07:23
that sounds intrestin red. shame the links in the thread dont work no more so ill go huntin for the info later Smile
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2015 at 08:16

that sounds intrestin red. shame the links in the thread dont work no more so ill go huntin for the info later Smile
unless you have a huge bank balance i wouldnt bother ha ha

see below should shed a bit more light on things

The KALEX AV1 uses an V2 - V990R engine of Rotax.
His 60° cylinder angle and the dry sump enables a compact package with a centralisation of weight.

D The engine was tuned by our partner Amann Motorradtechnik up to 1100ccm by increasing the bore associated with new pistons from 97mm to 102mm. Throttle bodies with 60mm inlet per cylinder, spezial carbon inlet trumpets, shower injectors, an powerfull fuel pump in combination with an sensitve regualtor bolt in a CNC machined housing provides perfect mixture preparation. Set up the MOTEC M800 engine control unit regarding our purpose we gained maximum power of 163PS at 9500 U/min with maximum torque of 126 Nm at 7500 U/min.

settle for a 1060 or 1102 with worked heads ( even a gen2 head conversion),slotted cam sprockets to dial in the timing,57's,pc3 or 5 that should get you to where you want to be.

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2015 at 08:49

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Rybes View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rybes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2015 at 08:49
Originally posted by redratbike redratbike wrote:

settle for a 1060 or 1102 with worked heads ( even a gen2 head conversion),slotted cam sprockets to dial in the timing,57's,pc3 or 5 that should get you to where you want to be.

ah ha a shoppin list. what year heads do i want ?
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2015 at 09:02

Originally posted by redratbike redratbike wrote:

ah ha a shoppin list. what year heads do i want ?
gen2 heads need some machining to fit but 2006 on have the biggest valves..then you need to change the exhaust to 4 stud etc etc

so modded gen1 heads may work out cheaper

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic