rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Chat > Other Bikes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Buell 1125R so far ...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevex11sdw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Buell 1125R so far ...
    Posted: 19 Jul 2015 at 21:52
So far I like it a lot!

Few changes done ...
New levers, didn't want Chinese so got from seller in Manchester and when the payment details came through it was to a "Mr Woo".
Led clear tail light
New number plate
Db killer put in
Oberon bar end mirrors courtesy of and many thanks to member RSVFIFE
Running lights to indicator mod with mirrors removed

The EBR fairings and belly pan (rare to say the least) are on a flight as we speak as are the Pegasus mirror blanks.

426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2015 at 17:04
They do look a very clean and tidy bike as in there isn't bits sticking out and added on all over the place and with the lowers it will look even cleaner. The only thing i have never really liked about them is that huge rear pulley, i always think it looks like something out of a cotton mill but they are very smooth and quiet compared to chains and sprockets.
smw View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2015 at 23:46
I can't make my mind up.
Ape View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member
Moto nutter!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ape Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2015 at 09:33
How big is that front disk !!!
Very stealthy...until it roars into life and screams "I'M HERE MOTHER f**kER"...I like it.
Never been keen on bar end mirrors but if we all liked the same stuff !!!

Can't wait to see it with the bottom half fairing on, does it turn into a full faired bike or is it a belly pan like the T has ??
www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk

RIDE IT LIKE YA STOLE IT BOSS !!
redratbike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2015 at 10:07
Originally posted by Ape Ape wrote:

Can't wait to see it with the bottom half fairing on, does it turn into a full faired bike or is it a belly pan like the T has ??
check the fairing pics on this post
http://www.rsvr.net/what-could-be-better-than-a-rotax-1000-twin_topic19403_post175051.html?KW=#175051

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
RSVFIFE View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RSVFIFE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2015 at 10:54
Looking good fella nice and clean with those mirrors
Always liked these fairings, but only ever see pictures of them on a CR but they are made for both models

http://speed-of-color.de/index.php?cat=1125GFK&product=1125GFK-013&sidSPEEDOFCOLOR=usv334tpmfktocggi4bc699ne2

If someone can fix the link please , friggin stupid iPhone keeps crashing every time I try and post it
Bird View Drop Down
World Superbike Star
World Superbike Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2015 at 13:14
Originally posted by RSVFIFE RSVFIFE wrote:

Looking good fella nice and clean with those mirrors
Always liked these fairings, but only ever see pictures of them on a CR but they are made for both models

http://speed-of-color.de/index.php?cat=1125GFK&product=1125GFK-013&sidSPEEDOFCOLOR=usv334tpmfktocggi4bc699ne2

If someone can fix the link please , friggin stupid iPhone keeps crashing every time I try and post it

Ape View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member
Moto nutter!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ape Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2015 at 16:16
Originally posted by redratbike redratbike wrote:

Originally posted by Ape Ape wrote:

check the fairing pics on this post
http://www.rsvr.net/what-could-be-better-than-a-rotax-1000-twin_topic19403_post175051.html?KW=#175051

That's fookin sexy as fook with them panels on...kind liked the big elephant ears on it though.
www.apriliaforum.co.uk

Stevex11sdw View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevex11sdw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2015 at 21:33
Done and I fookin love it!!!

Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevex11sdw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2015 at 21:51
Contacted them about that fairing Glynn but it was 529.00 euros unpainted so it would have been a grand. Factory ones are rare but I managed to buy this second hand EBR set with belly pan from Germany (is that the Berlin Wall in the background?) then got my hands on a brand new set as I wasn't keen on the belly pan once I fitted. Prefer to see the pipe as I would like to do a "Johnboy" job on the headers and link pipe...it's as Erik intended when he introduced this $850 factory option.

legend88 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2015 at 21:56
Definitely looks better with the side panels on.
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevex11sdw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2015 at 22:13
I do want this front fender ..... Actually I want this bike! Hope someone buys Eric Buell Racing in next weeks auction so I can get hold of all the trick bits in the hands of the receivers.

426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2015 at 22:35
Like it a lot, a friend has a 2005 zx10 that's an ex race bike and has the bare alloy frame and it looks fantastic , makes them look real purposeful.
Bird View Drop Down
World Superbike Star
World Superbike Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2015 at 20:40
Looks awesome! They always remind me of Toothless from How To Train Your Dragon (without the extra fairing!)

legend88 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2015 at 21:26
My boy would be impressed with that!  Clap
Ape View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member
Moto nutter!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ape Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2015 at 21:40
Originally posted by legend88 legend88 wrote:

My boy would be impressed with that!  Clap

Birds pic of toothless or the buell ??
www.apriliaforum.co.uk

MountainMan View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MountainMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2015 at 21:52
Can't let my little girl see that! If she makes a correlation between Toothless and a Buell she'll have my Mille sold! And I see what you mean Bird.
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevex11sdw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2015 at 23:59
Originally posted by Bird Bird wrote:

Looks awesome! They always remind me of Toothless from How To Train Your Dragon (without the extra fairing!)

You have a point Bird! Luckily you redeemed yourself by adding "without the extra side fairings"
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevex11sdw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2015 at 20:21
FFS! Second proper ride and it was home in the back of a recovery truck!. Stator gone. Knew it would fail at some point without rotor modification but on the second ride is a bit strong!.

Big thanks to the couple of Mille R owners for giving me a bump though sadly my fuel light came on 5 mins later and when we stopped it was never going to go again. Thought I was going to die pushing it in full leathers and a helmet on a scorching day.

Loopyone, I don't know what I would do without a riding partner like you....I love you man!.
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevex11sdw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2015 at 22:25
Uprated stator from the States ordered £200, rotor sent off to be drilled £75, alarm to be removed and then put back together by Mark at Twiggers which he thinks couple of hours labour tops so not so bad for a bike that pulled a crowd of admirers at "on yer bike" at the weekend while my mates 2015 S1000 with all the bells didn't get a look
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevex11sdw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2015 at 00:29
Got my bike back a couple of days ago. Modified stator and rotor fitted for £126 labour so I'm well pleased.

So pleased that I blew the cash on a few changes ...

Ilmberger carbon exhaust shield
Ilmberger heel guards
Knight Industries foot pegs in black
New headlight unit and Halo kit to be installed
Front and rear RnG crash bobbins
Zero gravity black double bubble screen
EBR fairing as new (spare)

Everything put on the bike now including the halo's. Also did the de noid mod and removed the sh*t Harley stator fix harness that was supposed to keep the stator cooler but didn't.

Walk around: http://youtu.be/nmBBhFN54w4   http://youtu.be/IxD4yOF33mY

Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevex11sdw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2015 at 20:52

badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2015 at 21:27
That looks the nuts love it!
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevex11sdw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2016 at 20:14
Really do like this bike. Fitted a Saddleman track carbon seat and one inch drop pegs and following a four hour ride, not an ache or pain at all and I don't think I have ever had a bike that didn't leave me feeling a little worse for wear.

Changed tyres to Michelin CT2s, new wheel bearings and pads, full service and bloody alarm removed and it's running great!.

Fugly View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fugly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2016 at 09:15
I do like that, I've always had a soft spot for Buells and what Eric tried to acheive.
Well done matey, a very nice bike and being rare and quirky is a plus in my book
Full Arrows system, 1060 Big Bore, PC5 and Evo Airbox. Bring on the big grin!
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevex11sdw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2016 at 21:32
Few more bits done and still loving it!

If anyone's interested there's an 08 1125R on the forum (08s more reliable than 09) for £2,500. That's a lot of bike for the money and you lot are welcome to have a go on mine to see what you think.

http://www.ukbeg.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=20542

Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevex11sdw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2016 at 22:06
Buell 1125R in the sunshine ...

Walk around and sound check Aug 2016 in HD
https://youtu.be/cZoZ6lVzj3s
https://youtu.be/yz8CeGTllMY

Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2016 at 22:12
Still enjoying it then

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevex11sdw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2016 at 22:17
I'm surprised at how much I do like it Mark. Great bike but sh*t forum ...😀
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2016 at 22:41
Originally posted by Stevex11sdw Stevex11sdw wrote:

I'm surprised at how much I do like it Mark. Great bike but sh*t forum ...😀
have you tried the af1 ebr forum?.

http://ebrforum.com/content.php?s=6707f9a09d86e74537eebec07cec7f82

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic