rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RSV / RSVR / FACTORY > Technical Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Back Wheel

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dainesefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Back Wheel
    Posted: 21 May 2015 at 18:33
Ok so I'm guessing this is the Speedsensor. Question is, is it supposed to look like this? Confused

I've had the backwheel off to replace the rear disk and when I threw it all back on and gave it a spin I heard a noise. Investigation lead me to this flicking off the disk bolts. I'm guessing that this is supposed to be covered in nice smooth plastic.

It's possible that I damaged it when I pulled the wheel off I suppose but the last time the bike was ridden it went in for new tyres. Speed seemed to be working ok though on the way home.

And yes I know the garage floor needs sweeping.
Tifa View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien
I am Sparticus, only uglier

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tifa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2015 at 18:52
Yeahhhhhh....looks a bit goosed fella.
As you've surmised, it's supposed to be smooth plastic, with no rips or tears to the cover. 
dainesefreak View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dainesefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2015 at 19:09
I've been back out and had another look. It looks melted, I'm guessing it's caught or been rubbing on the disk bolts.

Easy job to replace? Anyone got one?
leighz View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leighz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2015 at 20:03
don't want to be the bearer of bad tidings but they're expensive....like £90 or so. They commonly fail so you'll be lucky to find a 2nd hand working one

if it still registers speed ok then I would be tempted to shave the knackered plastic off the end and put some silcone sealant over the end to keep water and sh*t out - the hall effect sensor should still work through that I would have thought.

alternatively: http://apriliarsv.com/guides/16285-inexpensive-speedo-sensor-fix.html

Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dainesefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2015 at 20:11
I did have a read of that but being lazy I'll probably buy a new one. I've pulled the narled plastic off and stuck it back in place for now. Didn't think of bathroom sealant, that could be a good call in the meantime.

I've found a bloke in Notts selling new ones for £85. It's about a 50 minute drive away and the Mrs would be happy as the in-laws are just down the road. Wink

After a quick nose and follow of the wire, does it plug in under the tank or under the seat?
leighz View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leighz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2015 at 20:34
plugs in just behind the grill on rhs below seat - think I had to lift tank at front to guide cable through on mine
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dainesefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2015 at 20:58
Cheers, it looked like I needed to lift the tank but I wasn't sure if it looped back towards the seat. I'll just make sure it stays out of the rain for a few days until I get one sorted. Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic