rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Chat > Your Bike
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

RSV track bike project

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RSV track bike project
    Posted: 20 May 2015 at 21:23
Pick up a damaged RSV for my new track bike project, basically the rear linkage had seized causing the guy to drop it.
He put a new linkage on, but couldn't get the link pipes back on, he couldn't loosen the headers, he give up and bought a RC8 !!

He had the bike for a few years so think he had just given up on it

Anyway checky offer and its in the back of my van :)

Also arranged to pick up some track bodywork off a lad while i was down that way, so came home with a very full van :D
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Aprilia-rsv-rsvr-gen2-2004-2008-full-race-track-fairing-fiberglass-and-plastic-/321757656138?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=HSP3YIlRZ%252BUUwcazD3HJyZXRFlE%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

First job, off with the bodywork to see what i had actually bought

Oil tank only held in by one bolt and looks like a chain must have come off at one point, damaged casing where guard mounts  rolleyes

Nice wiring whistle

Dodgy alarm thats been bypassed ??

3 hours and a gallon of gunk later and its ready to work on !!

Next job is to to through the bike, sort wiring out and bodge's out, service, new tyres, brake strip, fit EVO airbox i've got etc etc etc etc etc
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2015 at 21:34
Nice project,looks like a successful trip
www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk

Looking forward to the next track day
WARNZ View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WARNZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2015 at 21:37
Nice project fella

It's the std immoliser that's bin bypassed in yr pic
www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Mak View Drop Down
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2015 at 21:52
Originally posted by WARNZ WARNZ wrote:

Nice project fella

Dunno, need a guru to tell me !!
legend88 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2015 at 21:54
A productive day then, amazing what a bit of cleaning can do. At least you can see what you have.

redratbike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2015 at 21:57
Nice one... Hangers will be with you by the weekend

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
WARNZ View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WARNZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2015 at 21:59
Originally posted by Mak Mak wrote:

Nice project fella

That was me telling you lol,they fk up n are a few dollars to change so it gets bypassed.
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
WARNZ View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WARNZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2015 at 22:02
Check the swingarms bin changed fella,should only have 1 bolt (inside face)securing the chain gaurd, plenty of posts regarding cracked ones about.
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
w00dzy View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote w00dzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2015 at 22:14
Nice project indeed!
R.I.P Rob Mcqueen

"The only thing better than a motorcycle, is two motorcycles"

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Mak View Drop Down
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2015 at 22:49

Nice project fella

That was me telling you lol,they fk up n are a few dollars to change so it gets bypassed.

Cool, can I loose the unit?, wanting to clean up the wiring if possible as the inner fairing will be going...
Stevex11sdw View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevex11sdw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2015 at 23:28
Never mind the track bike Mak, I'm still waiting to see the prettiest Tuono going?

I'm reminded of Dirty Dancing "Nobody puts Baby in a corner," let's see some pics .....
Mak View Drop Down
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2015 at 08:17
Originally posted by Stevex11sdw Stevex11sdw wrote:

Never mind the track bike Mak, I'm still waiting to see the prettiest Tuono going?

I'm reminded of Dirty Dancing "Nobody puts Baby in a corner," let's see some pics .....

I aim to please, and before you start about the chicken strips, their new tyres !!!! Tongue

cheesy View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member
top chef!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2015 at 22:28
great project

so you own that tuono Thumbs Up

what renthals are on there & how wide?

love the headlight would like to do that to mine
04 Tuono Fighter
1060 gen2 motor & some....
yellowrsvr View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yellowrsvr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2015 at 22:37
That Tuono looks lovely

redratbike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2015 at 22:56
Is this the tuono with the odd exhaust maK?

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2015 at 23:07
Originally posted by redratbike redratbike wrote:

Is this the tuono with the odd exhaust maK?

Yep positive that's the one,175bhp apparently hehe
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left
Stevex11sdw View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevex11sdw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2015 at 23:33
Cheers Mak, love it and love that it was such a bargain.....pleased for you mate! Looking forward to some more photos so we can appreciate what's been done.
Mak View Drop Down
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2015 at 07:52
Yep, its the bike with funny exhaust, runs OK but sure longer cans would be better, with the track bike I got a pair of scorpion redline cans but I also have a pair of titanium arrows, the left can is damaged, if I get it repaired, the arrows go on track leaving the scorpion to go on tuono.

Got out yesterday morning for a run up the lakes, the bike stopped a couple of times and junctions, then wouldn't start, nothing on the starter, waited 30 secs then it was OK, got a heavy duty earth lead made up yesterday so try that...

When I look at the amount of crap and wiring on the front of the track bike, you appreciate the amount of work gone into getting the tuono/factory so neat
Mak View Drop Down
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2015 at 08:08
When I got the bike it had a tiny letterbox number plate, no good with plod, it was mounted on a flimsy plastic bracket, so I fabricated an extension to the cut down subframe from ally plate so I could mount a 8x6 plate securely, also fitted a led number plate light as there wasn't one.

Replaced the crappy streetfigher mirrors with some motoguzzi items I picked up off ebay.

Bled the rear brake so it works, bled clutch but it still heavy with standard slave unit

Tightened head bearing but still very slight movement under heavy braking so might replace

Tryed adjusting cheap sh*t danmoto rearsets to get neutral but not really any better
Mak View Drop Down
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2015 at 08:11
Once I get track bike done, I'm gonna chuck em both in the van for a trip to Griff for TB balancing
Mak View Drop Down
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2015 at 20:15
Got a few hours spare today so had i bit of a play

Sorted the dodgy stator wiring

also took care of the side stand switch

Next job was to get the mid pipe back on, no way did i want to remove the headers as the nuts are well rusted, almost guanteed to snap the studs but with a bit of gentle persuasion with a rubber mallet, a bar and a mate us got it on Smile

Took the oppotunity to give the swing arm a good clean.

Off on holiday next week for a few days so not gonna get much done unless i get any time tomorrow....
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2015 at 21:03
If I was you while I wasn't using it I would keep soaking the header bolts for as long as possible, save you loads of grief.
Mak View Drop Down
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2015 at 02:57
Tbh I think it would have been alot more grief if the studs snapped !!   
Mak View Drop Down
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2015 at 21:44
Had a afternoon free to work on bike today, some sportsmart tyres i bought turned up so got wheels out to get em fit.

I'd not reallt started on the front end so that was on todays hit list

Front wheel was minging !

Gunk and elbow grease

Much better, all the disc bobbins now rotate smoothly

While front was apart, gave the calipers a really good scrub in soapy water, pushed the pistons out to red grease em and fitted new Galfer pads i had kicking about from my Superduke.

All back together, still need to bleed the brakes but the bleed nipples look corroded so just left em to soak with WD40 overnight

IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2015 at 22:49
Hey,those wheels are blue underneath LOL

What do you think of the rounded profile front?
www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk

Mak View Drop Down
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2015 at 23:13
Used sportsmarts on my old superduke, great tyre, ok at cadders too Wink
Mak View Drop Down
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2015 at 23:17
not sure what to do now, guy has put a deposit down on my tuono, so do i keep my old gsxr 750 K1 as my track bike and get the road fairing repaired for this so its just a road bike or just use the RSV for both with a fairing swop for TD's .......

Ermm
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2015 at 02:47
Looking good bud. Keep the gixer imo
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2015 at 15:54

Used sportsmarts on my old superduke, great tyre, ok at cadders too Wink

Yeah,I thought the same regarding the 1st gen version but I think the later SportSmart 'squared'  2's  with the new super thin rounded front profile and endless belt construction rather than Ntec carcass has lost the plot a bit.
www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk

Mak View Drop Down
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2015 at 20:53
Scorpion cans and EVO airbox fitted with BMC filter, note shock in the back ground, off for a good clean

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic