rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Chat > Your Bike
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

NickyBoys Big Bore

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 16171819>
Author
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Birky_D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2017 at 02:21
Just looked through a few posts and see this bike

I've definitely seen you riding before so definitely as weather picks up more consistent will get out with you for a blast

I'm out most Sundays and have a great run upto silver bell cafe in Royston then onto finch to perv at the women... I mean get expensive tea and cake
NickyBoy1984 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Exhaust freak!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickyBoy1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2017 at 14:43
Haha, have ya...???
Stalker Stalker lol...

Yeah can't wait mate, be awesome to have a ride with ya!

NickyBoy
www.rsvr.net
www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk
JMH View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JMH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2017 at 19:06
Originally posted by NickyBoy1984 NickyBoy1984 wrote:

Cheers Matey, yep it's a 1060 done by AP, currently has fitted...

1060 100mm Corrello pistons
Modified Gen2 57mm throttle bodies
Hooked Carbon Airbox
De restricted airboot
Edwards air tubes
Power commander 3
Forza EPROM with custom map for each cylinder
Akrapovic 2-1 Full Titanium race system

132bhp and 88.4lb torque

NickyBoy

I have a spare engine, which I plan to convert to 1060 with the aprilia performance kit. I will start my own thread later this fall if this project realizes but I am already struggling whether to:

Fit in Gen2 heads.
Have the Gen1 heads properly ported. There is a place here where I can have that done.

Additionally, would you agree that slotted cam gears are worth the price and hassle in the pursuit of 140 bhp on the wheel.

Oh yes, naturally Gen2 TBs and possibly Jolly's Renegade box will be part of the mix as well.
Mille Aarrr -02 (1060 BB, Gen2 heads, 2-2 Akra, timed cams, bespoke Gabro chip + TSS slipper) & Beta 480 RR MY19
My riding lines are like Hendrix's solos. Unexpected and always different.
redratbike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2017 at 19:57
Originally posted by JMH JMH wrote:

Hooked Carbon Airbox
De restricted airboot
Edwards air tubes
Power commander 3

132bhp and 88.4lb torque

NickyBoy

I have a spare engine, which I plan to convert to 1060 with the aprilia performance kit. I will start my own thread later this fall if this project realizes but I am already struggling whether to:

Fit in Gen2 heads.
Have the Gen1 heads properly ported. There is a place here where I can have that done.

Additionally, would you agree that slotted cam gears are worth the price and hassle in the pursuit of 140 bhp on the wheel.

Oh yes, naturally Gen2 TBs and possibly Jolly's Renegade box will be part of the mix as well.
personally I'd go gen2 heads if I had the option and I'll tell you why tomorrow when I find the quote on my work computer

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
JMH View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JMH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2017 at 20:07
Originally posted by redratbike redratbike wrote:

Hooked Carbon Airbox
De restricted airboot
Edwards air tubes
Power commander 3

132bhp and 88.4lb torque

NickyBoy

Fit in Gen2 heads.

personally I'd go gen2 heads if I had the option and I'll tell you why tomorrow when I find the quote on my work computer

I might remember the story, first of all from 2006 onwards the exhaust valve is bigger (my spare engine is a 2002 one) and the single plug is the cast version of the SP Cosworth heads.

However, if a skilled guy does a port job with some flow bench analysis (he's been doing these since the 90s), how much do I actually lose vs. non-ported gen 2 ones.

Yes, and someone will come along and say, port the gen2 heads (emojis are for pussies).
Mille Aarrr -02 (1060 BB, Gen2 heads, 2-2 Akra, timed cams, bespoke Gabro chip + TSS slipper) & Beta 480 RR MY19
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2017 at 21:42
From a thread I started with gen2 engine into gen1 with info. Picked up from Af1

Must admit I remembered it wrong but it's all good info

"in addition to the info above ..you can just do the gen2 head on gen1 engine trick

why would you want to do that i hear you cry.
this is why
This was micah or gabro words
I would not put a bigbore kit on stock unported twinspark heads... i consider it like a waste of money, as the heads do not flow enought for that pistons.

the best mod you can do to your motor is to replace the heads with a set of IIGen ones.
It's almost a straight fit, it's only required a little rework on the front one and to modifiy the exhaust headers using IIGen exhaust flanges.
Using a proper eprom with the right ignition timing you'll have very good midrange and aboout 10hp more from 6-7000rpm to top"

Here's the thread http://www.rsvr.net/topic16520&MobileView=off&SID=1641-de94e321dc823ccb44zz9034490741.html

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Exhaust freak!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickyBoy1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2017 at 00:27
Definitely next engine mod on my list, ported Gen2 heads, plus I'll have to modify my Evo5 systems flanges :-0 lol

NickyBoy
www.rsvr.net
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
JMH View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JMH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2017 at 07:26
[QUOTE=redratbike]From a thread I started with gen2 engine into gen1 with info. Picked up from Af1

Must admit I remembered it wrong but it's all good info

"in addition to the info above ..you can just do the gen2 head on gen1 engine trick

why would you want to do that i hear you cry.
this is why
This was micah or gabro words
I would not put a bigbore kit on stock unported twinspark heads... i consider it like a waste of money, as the heads do not flow enought for that pistons.

the best mod you can do to your motor is to replace the heads with a set of IIGen ones.
It's almost a straight fit, it's only required a little rework on the front one and to modifiy the exhaust headers using IIGen exhaust flanges.
Using a proper eprom with the right ignition timing you'll have very good midrange and aboout 10hp more from 6-7000rpm to top"

Here's the thread http://www.rsvr.net/topic16520&MobileView=off&SID=1641-de94e321dc823ccb44zz9034490741.html[/QUOTE]

Sorry for the thread hijack but kick me out or guide me friendy somewhere else when it gets too much.

Has there been any analysis on the breathing of ported Gen1 heads vs. standard Gen2 heads? The reason I am asking is that if the difference is little I am leaning more towards the Gen1 stuff to keep it simple.
JMH View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JMH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2017 at 07:27
And yes, I can remember reading that thread a couple of times doing my research.
JMH View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JMH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2017 at 07:51
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2017 at 07:58

Definitely next engine mod on my list, ported Gen2 heads, plus I'll have to modify my Evo5 systems flanges :-0 lol

NickyBoy
haven't  got separate flanges nickyboy? ..should be pretty easy (ish)

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Exhaust freak!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickyBoy1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2017 at 09:50
IF I had some Evo6 flanges, that would be awesome coz then it would be a straight direct swap coz they're the same size, everything, and the springs hooks are in the same place but chances of me finding some are ZERO lol...

NickyBoy
www.rsvr.net
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
JMH View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JMH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2017 at 13:55
^
I suppose someone could fabricate suitable ones.

Anyway, coming back to the heads. I was  just quoted 380 € total war 2005 gen2 heads and TBs.

Now that these ones are still with the smaller exhaust valves how does that sound to you price wise?
JMH View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JMH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2017 at 13:56
I meant to say "for 2005 gen2 heads and TBs." (damn, no editing rights. I should start to spam.)
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2017 at 14:27

^
I suppose someone could fabricate suitable ones.

Anyway, coming back to the heads. I was  just quoted 380 € total war 2005 gen2 heads and TBs.

Now that these ones are still with the smaller exhaust valves how does that sound to you price wise?
sounds good to me

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
JMH View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JMH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 18:06
For Nickyboy:

You could source Gen2 downpipes and after some cutting and welding you have your flanges, right....

Anyway, JMH's big bore thread is "soon" to start. I just bought the Gen2 heads, TBs and downpipes for 410 €.

The actual build will take place fall/ winter 17-18.
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 18:28
I am going to see xtreme stainless next week to get a price for evo 5 flanges for my gen2 heads.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 20:16
Originally posted by 426hemi 426hemi wrote:

I am going to see xtreme stainless next week to get a price for evo 5 flanges for my gen2 heads.
get hold of Nickyboy see if you can get a better deal for More?

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 20:38
I have spare gen2 heads and an evo5 so should be relatively easy to have some made if people can live with the extra 2grams in stainless.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Exhaust freak!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickyBoy1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2017 at 23:11
Let me know how ya get on hemi but sadly just tryin to update everywhere, my bike has now been sold...

NickyBoy
www.rsvr.net
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Birky_D View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Birky_D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2017 at 07:36

Let me know how ya get on hemi but sadly just tryin to update everywhere, my bike has now been sold...

NickyBoy

What made you sell it? You replaced it with anything else?
Motocrosser from 1993-1999 & 2009-2014

Now just a keyboard warrior & road rider

Follow me on YouTube for old races of me & current road/track

https://www.youtube.com/c/DeanBirkumshaw
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2017 at 09:30
See "Nickyboy's bike" thread

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
bladebod View Drop Down
World Superbike Star
World Superbike Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bladebod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2017 at 12:37
So is that Rear wheel HP, thats unimaginably powerful now.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Exhaust freak!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickyBoy1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2017 at 12:13
Testing tinypic again...

And just coz lol...

NickyBoy
www.rsvr.net
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
legend88 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2017 at 13:57
That's cool Nicky, do you ever get to ride her?
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Exhaust freak!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickyBoy1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2017 at 20:58
Originally posted by legend88 legend88 wrote:

That's cool Nicky, do you ever get to ride her?

Haha, not as much as I like mate and when I do, it’s only for short periods but when I do.......

It’s one of the best things in the world

NickyBoy
www.rsvr.net
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2017 at 09:39

Testing tinypic again...

And just coz lol...

NickyBoy

Very nice mate. Where's the rest of it?
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Exhaust freak!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickyBoy1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2017 at 19:01
Think RedRat might’ve been round with his toolkit......

NickyBoy
www.rsvr.net
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2017 at 15:27
Hahaha yeah mate watch out,looking at the evo system thread he's back on the hunt lock up your apes
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Exhaust freak!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickyBoy1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2017 at 16:02
He’s probably monitoring my telephone conversations and Whatsapp logs - he’s talented like that

NickyBoy
www.rsvr.net
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 16171819>
  Share Topic