rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Chat > General Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

mcz motosports

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skinso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: mcz motosports
    Posted: 12 Mar 2015 at 08:34
Has anyone used these guys for custom made leathers? A few guys racing from Northern Ireland 1 I think is in bsb who is a friend of a friend used them last season and had 4 offs with them on and they are still fine. I'm very tempted as it's payday
redratbike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2015 at 08:51
Originally posted by skinso skinso wrote:

Has anyone used these guys for custom made leathers? A few guys racing from Northern Ireland 1 I think is in bsb who is a friend of a friend used them last season and had 4 offs with them on and they are still fine. I'm very tempted as it's payday

i have never heard of them but that dosent mean a thing ha ha

what sort of prices are they looking at ?

www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk
skinso View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skinso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2015 at 08:54
£390 delivered
MountainMan View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MountainMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2015 at 09:20
That's very cheap for custom fit leathers!
skinso View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skinso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2015 at 09:22
Check them out on Facebook
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MountainMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2015 at 09:35
Hmm...security locked down on the bakebuke page and MCZ Moto seems to be www.mczubair.com . What looks to be finest knockoffs from Pakistan. Honestly, if I was looking new leathers I would not be looking here. They may be just fine but then again...
nex0r View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nex0r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2015 at 10:02
Only a fool would pay 390 quid for made to measure leathers.

There's a reason that quality m2m makers are shutting up shop, they simply can't make enough profit because of cheap m2m in the far east etc. I asked my leather repair guys why they didn't make suits and they gave me a quick rundown on costs. These guys used to make the police suits when BKS lost the contract btw.

Materials: £800 (quality hide, kevlar and dianese armour)
Labour: £500 - 5 Days in total (including 2 fittings)

Take into account the business overheads etc and your looking at £1600 minimum for a suit.

The only way to cut costs is to use lesser quality materials and to build the suit as cheaply as possible.

Hideout suits start at £1200 for the basic model, add kevlar and armour etc and your into the £1600 bracket.

I spent £350 having my Crowtree suit repaired after my major off, how they can make a suit from scratch for that price is beyond me.

My advice is stay well clear
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MountainMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2015 at 10:14
Agreed. If you need new leathers, trawl the internet for deals. Many of the big shops sell last season stock with decent discount. Check ebay but do your background on the seller. Look for their shop online and be sure they are legit. A few years back I bought a £1000 Dainese 2 piece from a proper registered dealer in England online for a smidge over £400. Not made to measure granted but you will not find a decent quality custom suit under a grand.
skinso View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skinso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2015 at 12:15
I'll think about them over the weekend, still might give the a bash. Mark conlin Irish short circuit racer used them the last few season's with a lot of time spent sliding down the track, he said they are scuffed but have help up great
Drew View Drop Down
World Superbike Star
World Superbike Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2015 at 17:12
Ive got two crowtree suits , the last one i got was last year and i paid £750 , so hideout sound expensive starting at £1200 , but if its good quality and it fits well then its worth it , i just could never find an off the peg that fits . 
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2015 at 17:32
Are crowtree still going i keep hearing different reports of them, some say he's retired?. I would love one of his suits
Drew View Drop Down
World Superbike Star
World Superbike Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2015 at 18:30
Sad news im afraid , Alec passed away before xmas , had a short illness , he made my suit about two years ago ,  i dont know if his wife linda is still working , i wouldnt think so .
nex0r View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nex0r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2015 at 21:51
As Drew says, sadly no. Crowtree have closed afaik. The next best thing is Hideout who build similar quality suits.

I heard that Carrera have closed up shop as well.

Scott are another option, not quite as nice imho but they are quality m2m for around £800

426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2015 at 22:14
Carrera made some good gear, John Reynolds used to wear them in his heyday.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic