rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Chat > Racing Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Best place to sit at Silverstone Motogp

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wfc-james Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Best place to sit at Silverstone Motogp
    Posted: 11 Mar 2015 at 12:22
Hi All,

I'm planning on going to Silverstone MotoGP. 

What are people's thoughts on where is best to sit? what stands? ideally in view of a screen.

Thanks.

James Big smile
James
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2015 at 13:26
For me silverstone is crap for spectating and if your going to sit in front of a big screen it might as well be your own with a comfy sofa nice toilet cold beer and good food.
payne3400 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote payne3400 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2015 at 14:06
Originally posted by wfc-james wfc-james wrote:

Hi All,

What are people's thoughts on where is best to sit? what stands? ideally in view of a screen.

Thanks.

James Big smile

Becketts grand stand. I went last year and was ace. They had a screen on the infield, you could see them approach maggotts, through Becketts and out of chapel down the hanger straight. You then watch them on screen until they come into abbey, then you see them go round farm, village and aintree and get an awesome rear view as they clear off down Wellington straight. Great atmosphere too.
Ape View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member
Moto nutter!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ape Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2015 at 16:58
...on ya ass dude.
www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk

RIDE IT LIKE YA STOLE IT BOSS !!
WARNZ View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WARNZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2015 at 17:01
Any where you can see a big screen too
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Granty View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Granty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2015 at 17:55
Originally posted by payne3400 payne3400 wrote:

Originally posted by wfc-james wfc-james wrote:

Hi All,

Thanks.

James Big smile

Becketts grand stand. I went last year and was ace. They had a screen on the infield, you could see them approach maggotts, through Becketts and out of chapel down the hanger straight. You then watch them on screen until they come into abbey, then you see them go round farm, village and aintree and get an awesome rear view as they clear off down Wellington straight. Great atmosphere too.

Yep Becketts for me to but I must admit I stood (and sat between races) below the stand and still had awesome view. Big screen and bogs near byThumbs Up
MAY THE FORCE NOT SEE YOU
PaulW View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2015 at 18:01
BRDC suite, second floor. Smug, moi?
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Granty View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Granty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2015 at 18:41
Originally posted by PaulW PaulW wrote:

BRDC suite, second floor. Smug, moi?

Oh yes didnt the company your Mrs works for get some last year Paul?
PaulW View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2015 at 18:46
Yes mate, top day mixing with racing drivers past and present, great viewing and hopefully this year she'll be hosting clients (and me) again too.
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Ash View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2015 at 19:49
Originally posted by 426hemi 426hemi wrote:

For me silverstone is crap for spectating and if your going to sit in front of a big screen it might as well be your own with a comfy sofa nice toilet cold beer and good food.

I'll go along with that, plus it's a pain to get in and out.
www.apriliaforum.co.uk

redratbike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2015 at 21:06
On a motogp bike surely

That must be the best place

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
wfc-james View Drop Down
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wfc-james Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2015 at 10:41
Thanks for your responses looks like its becketts or on my sofa.

I do agree that being at home has its advantages but you can beat the noise in person.

James
James
MountainMan View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MountainMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2015 at 11:42
I like the Luffield Complex. You get a decent view of the bikes coming through and the sound echoing off the stands as the accelerate out is savage. The Hondas are eardrum shatteringly obnoxious. The moto3 bikes are hilarious. Last time I was there me and a couple of mates had vip passes so watching qualifying from there is great too. We also got a bit lost and wound up stood at pit wall on the old back straight (that they now use again) for Moto3 qp. Not for long though as we did walk through a Kawasaki superbike pit garage (there for a support race) to get there and really shouldn't have been. Could have walked out onto the track. Couldn't risk getting booked as we had a meeting with Rossi later in the day. Doesn't matter where you are, the atmosphere is unreal!
Granty View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Granty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2015 at 17:58
It still amazes me that when I went last year half the grand stands were closed????????????
Tin Man View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tin Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2015 at 20:06
If you like to see crashes you usually get quite a few at Vale. I usually sit on the grass infront of the stand
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic