rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RSV / RSVR / FACTORY > FAQ
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

which side stand

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyt3892 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: which side stand
    Posted: 16 Jan 2015 at 22:34
which fits best 
a thomas
legend88 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2015 at 22:43
US version of whichever model you have a straight swap out no mods needed. Completely stable, the bike should have been born with it.
twintorque View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twintorque Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2015 at 22:48
as mentioned the usa stand is a direct fit and is far better than the UK variant
Most popular none ape option is a honda fireblade 04-07 which fits well. People have made blackbird and even gsxr stands fit with modification.
four wheels move the body....two wheels move the soul!!

www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk
legend88 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2015 at 22:57
Originally posted by markrsvr15 markrsvr15 wrote:

Us stands have three bolts I think buddy but do fit . And tony they are mono blocks on your track bike

Yup three bolts for the US one but the extra hole is already in the casing for it.

EDIT: There is a third bolt already in the casing of UK bikes but it needs to be replaced with a longer one when fitting the US stand.

Tifa View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien
I am Sparticus, only uglier

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tifa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2015 at 00:58
The US stand is not only longer and at the correct angle, it's wayyyy stronger too.
Almost over strong.
US type approval requires that the stand must be able to support the bike, the rider AND a passenger.
hence it's beefiness.

As has been said, the fireblade stand is an ok option, it's strong enough, and it's at more or less the correct angle, but it's nowhere near as good as the US aprilia version.

wigginsjp View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wigginsjp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2015 at 19:43
USA USA USA
Aprilia RSVR Factory 2007 V2 1060cc Big Bore
Aprilia RSVR Factory 2004 Race Bike
Kawasaki ZX10R 2007 Race Bike
Aprilia Tuono V4 1100 Factory 2020
www.apworkshops.co.uk
Tifa View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tifa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2015 at 23:52
Originally posted by wigginsjp wigginsjp wrote:

USA USA USA

lol
Lateshift View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lateshift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2015 at 06:31
I am using the stand off an 05 Fireblade on my Gen 1 with the original bracket and side stand switch.

Sits at the perfect angle now and my only issue is that with a 2-2 system I need to come up with a way to stop the stand touching the left hand exhaust pipe now.

But it's a very minor annoyance Tongue
Previous owner to a 'shiny' Haga #150 & a shinier 05 Factory
Rybes View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rybes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2015 at 18:14
well thsi thread answered a question i had and im gutted. got a 2000 blade sat in the cellar. dammit !
ive just got my first vtwin and i think i got the right one
legend88 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2015 at 18:51
I've got a spare US stand if you need one mate. It's missing it's leg (Easily sorted) and wasn';t cheap but you can have it for what it stands me. If you are interested let me know and I will send you photos

Jambon View Drop Down
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jambon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 14:09
I fitted a gen2 US stand last night and can confirm it's a vast improvement, longer, more angled and beefier. At the time of writing seems a 2nd hand US stand in the UK is around £100. By searching 'kickstand' helps a lot returning ones in the US and managed to get mine from America for £35 posted. Sympathetic sellers might even mark it down to clear customs, so I've heard ;)
kralik View Drop Down
L Plates
L Plates

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kralik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2019 at 15:00
Hi all,
I have bought the Blackbird stand with all components attached - console to mounth onto the frame, sh*tch, bolts... Just I do not know, whether I have to change the switch to AP original, and if so, whether some upgrades have to be done?
Does anyone have any experience with blackbird stand please?
good luck or bad luck, who knows
Proud owner of Aprilia Tuono 1000 R
arran View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2019 at 12:10
I have one on my r.
Bolts straight on. Original switch needs no mods.
Fitz View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2019 at 22:04
would a Falco side stand fit a Gen 1 mille 
spiceweasel View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiceweasel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 20:17
Probably but you will still have the same problem as the falco stands to upright also.
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk
Tifa View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tifa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 21:02
Originally posted by legend88 legend88 wrote:

I've got a spare US stand if you need one mate. It's missing it's leg (Easily sorted) and wasn';t cheap but you can have it for what it stands me. If you are interested let me know and I will send you photos

Ta-dum-tish !!!!!
LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic