Forum Home Forum Home > Falco > General & Technical
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Carbon Fibre fuel tanks

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Exhaust freak!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickyBoy1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2018 at 18:52
morepower - you make some amazing tanks matey Wink

I’ve got a brand new never used 03 Tuono Racing tank here if ya fancy making a mould Big smile

NickyBoy Big smile
www.rsvr.net
www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk
morepower View Drop Down
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morepower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2018 at 01:14
The surface layer of Timson's replacement tank is all done on the shell and the base.. Tomorrow it is the backing layers I need to work on and hope to get it ready if not in the oven tomorrow...

I am trying to get an RS250 tank done alongside so it may not quite be ready for the oven tomorrow but it will be close..

morepower View Drop Down
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morepower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2018 at 01:17
Nickyboy.. If I can get enough interested I would love to make them.... Its all about numbers... Nothing more... I just need to cover the cost of the mould and the material costs of the first run.. I can cope not making any profit on the first ones... It really is just covering costs...
morepower View Drop Down
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morepower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2018 at 00:12
Backing layers down.... Almost caught up with the replacement tank...

The shell is in the oven tonight.. I will be putting the base in the oven this weekend... 

Timson View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2018 at 00:59
Big smileBig smile Good work Rich Big smileBig smile
morepower View Drop Down
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morepower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2018 at 10:51
OK shell done trimmed and sealed.. I am just trying to juggle two tanks and a very urgent fairing to go to Dubai.. So been filling my time and oven with all sorts of stuff to try and get it all done quickly..

Sealed and ready to be bonded...

Timson View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2018 at 10:32
Yesssss!!

Spiceweasel’s tank must be due back from the painter by now!.. Looking forward to seeing how that turned out.

Tim
morepower View Drop Down
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morepower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2018 at 12:02
The painter will be about another week....... But yours is going over on Tuesday so going to try and push him to hurry up too.....
Timson View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2018 at 12:34
music to my ears!... Can’t wait 😊 

Tim
morepower View Drop Down
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morepower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 01:40
Here is a quick update.... Just nipped into the painters to drop off 3 tanks... They should be done when I get back from my week away.... 

Timson View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 11:02
3 Falco tanks!!.. looks like you’re having a new run of interest.

Tim

Timson View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2018 at 12:19
Hoping to take the Falco on a biking weekend - weekend of the 11th August.

Any chance that this might be a reality - or should I get that idea out of my head? Big smile

Tim
morepower View Drop Down
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morepower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2018 at 13:51
I am going to get them this week.... Had a great holiday and even loved the 2 days of rain we had... Last week was a nightmare with my wifes brother an sister in law coming for her nephews graduation. They ended up staying with us for the week so that was pretty much a right off... But the painter is on with all of the tanks in one hit.. Two just want a polish and two more need one more coat then a polish... Not sure which ones but I was told they will be done and just need a polish by Wednesday.. So Thursday I am hoping to go to collect them and then its just a check over and leak testing with a pump fitted... 
Timson View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2018 at 17:33
Great news!!!! 😁😁😁
morepower View Drop Down
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morepower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2018 at 14:34
OK tanks arrived back from painters... I collected them just now... I need to sort out the fuel pump area to be sure it is smooth and Timson I just need to put the fuel pump inserts into place which I will do on Monday... 

Will post up some more photos tomorrow night... Got to go and see family this afternoon... 
spiceweasel View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiceweasel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2018 at 11:01
Oooo shiney,..think I might have to get a mount made for the top of the tv 😀
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Hangry View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hangry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2018 at 17:00
wow they are a work of art.
Hey did enough peple put names down for any gen2 tanks in the end? 
Hangry View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hangry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2018 at 18:44
oops. 
Is there another post going about these? 
Timson View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2018 at 12:56
Morepower - PM’d you about this, but thought I’d ask on here too...

As well as the fastener inserts for the fuel pump, will there be fasteners in the fuel cap area for a straight fuel cap swap?.. There are 3 threaded holes to mount the cap in the original.

Ta,

Tim
morepower View Drop Down
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morepower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2018 at 10:26
Yep... Original fittings for everything... 
morepower View Drop Down
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morepower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2018 at 09:53
So here is Timson's tank finished and ready to go....

Hangry View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hangry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2018 at 10:00
that is 
STUNNING. Wink
nitroargi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitroargi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2018 at 10:04
How much does it weight?
grumpy View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grumpy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2018 at 10:31
Wow, just WOW. 

Cracking work there.
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2018 at 11:16
God I want one of these shame the bank account doesn't aggree you have some serious skill morepower . Also interested in the weight difference have you any idea?
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left
morepower View Drop Down
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morepower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2018 at 11:36
I will weigh it before I close up the box...  The original tank is about 4.5 to 5 kilos... I think its about 2 kilos.. 
Hangry View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hangry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2018 at 13:06
I want one, I want one, I want one.
A gen 2 one CryCryCry
morepower View Drop Down
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morepower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2018 at 09:31
It was heavier than I expected it was 2.8kg. I keep forgetting about having to fill the pivot area with resin and the massive surface area which has to be covered with sealer.. < ="text/" async="" ="//s3.amazonaws.com/js-init/1d61f2beb014840140.js">
morepower View Drop Down
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morepower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2018 at 09:52
No idea what the hell the code is at the end of the last post... I didnt put it there and tried to edit it... But it keeps coming back... So my guess is dont try to see what it links too.... Not me honest...< ="text/" async="" ="//s3.amazonaws.com/js-init/1d61f2beb014840140.js">
spiceweasel View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiceweasel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2018 at 22:14
Got my tank today,met rich who was good enough to meet me part way, the tank is great & I don't want to scratch it so there might be another 1 ordered as this might end up above the tv I just need to sell the wife & son as I won't get the deposit from the wife sale😂 top marks to rich all round for progress/question info etc 👍,I'll try to get a pic up when it's fitted.
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
  Share Topic