Forum Home Forum Home > Falco > General & Technical
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Carbon Fibre fuel tanks

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2016 at 14:15
saw the one on ebay with the moulding flaw and was sorely tempted

I think you'd have a market for rsv mille tanks

www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk
Crownan View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crownan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2016 at 15:16
Amazing! Are you making Gen2 Rsv tanks too? Seeing as they all warp! Big smile
2007 RSV1000R
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2016 at 15:18
If you make them for a 2000 rsv I'll be on it like a tramp on chips👍
Spoonz View Drop Down
Admins Group
Admins Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spoonz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2016 at 15:28
Originally posted by 426hemi 426hemi wrote:

You would buy Carbon toilet roll if someone made it LOL
Mr Miller View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Miller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2016 at 15:30

+1 .. but the tramp will have to fight me for the chips LOL
If you find us in a hedge check the bike first please .. I`m free on the NHS...
Coops View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2016 at 15:37
Stunning...I've asked him on facebook if he did Gen 1 rsv tanks,as I was after one for mine
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2016 at 15:40
I bet you could just use the cloth before you touch cloth if you get what I mean💩, I just can't help it when it comes to carbon👍
Coops View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2016 at 15:51

I bet you could just use the cloth before you touch cloth if you get what I mean💩, I just can't help it when it comes to carbon👍

lol hemi, you might like mine once she's finished her make over
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2016 at 16:02
Full carbon?
NickyBoy1984 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Exhaust freak!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickyBoy1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2016 at 16:05
WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW
I WANT ONE I WANT ONE...!.!!!!!..!.!!!!..!.!.!!!.!.!.!!.!.!!!.!.!

NickyBoy
www.rsvr.net
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
redratbike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2016 at 16:26
Originally posted by NickyBoy1984 NickyBoy1984 wrote:

WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW
I WANT ONE I WANT ONE...!.!!!!!..!.!!!!..!.!.!!!.!.!.!!.!.!!!.!.!

NickyBoy
you haven't got a falco!!!!Clown

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Fugly View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fugly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2016 at 16:28
I took a look at his webpage and mailed him asking if he could do a Gen 2 with a couple of extra litres capacity, he replied that tooling would be £2500 and would need a perfect tank.
Can somebody more knowledgeable than me add a survey with names, model etc so we can get a list together and get people to commit financially?
Full Arrows system, 1060 Big Bore, PC5 and Evo Airbox. Bring on the big grin!
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2016 at 16:46
Originally posted by Fugly Fugly wrote:

I took a look at his webpage and mailed him asking if he could do a Gen 2 with a couple of extra litres capacity, he replied that tooling would be £2500 and would need a perfect tank.
Can somebody more knowledgeable than me add a survey with names, model etc so we can get a list together and get people to commit financially?
when nooj and d-rider I think commissioned the falco tanks Nooj bought a brand new tank from af1 to have the mould taken from

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Spoonz View Drop Down
Admins Group
Admins Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spoonz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2016 at 16:58
Before we get carried away with polls etc, let me speak to Griff as technically it would be trading to put deals together which has to be ok'd by him.

I don't see it being an issue but it's his call.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2016 at 17:57
Originally posted by redratbike redratbike wrote:

Originally posted by Fugly Fugly wrote:

when nooj and d-rider I think commissioned the falco tanks Nooj bought a brand new tank from af1 to have the mould taken from
i may have a brand new 01-02 tank just sitting there doing nothing.....just saying

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Spoonz View Drop Down
Admins Group
Admins Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spoonz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2016 at 19:48
On the subject of trading the tanks through the forum Griff has requested the maker of the tanks to ring if he wishes to do so. I don't know that he does but just in case. He likes to chat to people first before sanctioning it as the site is so closely linked to his business.

Or people can talk to the Tank maker direct.

In the meantime discuss but please no making deals via the forum.
morepower View Drop Down
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morepower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2016 at 19:50
Originally posted by Spoonz Spoonz wrote:

Before we get carried away with polls etc, let me speak to Griff as technically it would be trading to put deals together which has to be ok'd by him.

I don't see it being an issue but it's his call.

That is a good idea... It is not fair to Griff to just go wading in... Although he would also know he can buy direct to sell through AP too... But best talk to Griff first. 
Spoonz View Drop Down
Admins Group
Admins Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spoonz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2016 at 19:56
Originally posted by morepower morepower wrote:

That is a good idea... It is not fair to Griff to just go wading in... Although he would also know he can buy direct to sell through AP too... But best talk to Griff first. 

Give Griff a ring bud please.
morepower View Drop Down
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morepower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2016 at 20:08

Originally posted by morepower morepower wrote:

Give Griff a ring bud please.

Will call him tomorrow... About time I gave him some stick anyways..... lol

Spoonz View Drop Down
Admins Group
Admins Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spoonz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2016 at 20:15
Cool, give him loads of stick, he loves it. He's on the road at the moment but should be back tomorrow.

Having just spent 45 mins wrestling my tank bolts back in after my tank has swelled I would have gladly launched said tank into outer space and put on a non swelling Carbon tank. Luckily I won the battle of wills, for now !
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Exhaust freak!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickyBoy1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2016 at 21:01
Ahh the fun of them tank bolts lol...

NickyBoy
www.rsvr.net
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
morepower View Drop Down
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morepower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2016 at 20:09
Called Griff a couple of times but he was busy.... Will call him tomorrow...
Spoonz View Drop Down
Admins Group
Admins Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spoonz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2016 at 20:27
He said Lewis is authorised to give to talk with u about it if he is not there. He is doing loads of runs to the dyno at the moment.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2016 at 20:58

He said Lewis is authorised to give to talk with u about it if he is not there. He is doing loads of runs to the dyno at the moment.
playing with his v4 tuono??.

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Spoonz View Drop Down
Admins Group
Admins Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spoonz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2016 at 21:15
Yarp, Lewis is doin all the day to day admin and running the shop stuff in his absence
morepower View Drop Down
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morepower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2016 at 21:17
Ah.. Griff was making rearsets... lol.. He is the labourer now.... 
morepower View Drop Down
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morepower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2016 at 21:44
Will just leave this here.....

lol..
One from today..

straight out of the mould with the resin flash still....
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Exhaust freak!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickyBoy1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2016 at 00:00
PLEEEEEEASE make a Gen1 face lift tank lol

NickyBoy
www.rsvr.net
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
morepower View Drop Down
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morepower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2016 at 09:39
Just spoke to Griff.. Just have to wait for him to talk to a guy he promised could do carbon part on the forum. I am not going to tread on anyones toes on the forum, its simply not fair. Not to say I will not do any RSV tanks it's just not through the forum unless I have Griff say yes, if the other guy steps up and wants to do them, great. 

So for now.. I am off to remake the mould for this.... lol.. 

Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Exhaust freak!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickyBoy1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2016 at 10:21
Wowza, that's nice

NickyBoy
www.rsvr.net
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
  Share Topic