rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Chat > General Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Scottish independence referendum

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wavestarved Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Scottish independence referendum
    Posted: 18 Sep 2014 at 19:37
I think I can guess at Steve SMW's stance on the matter, (anyone remember that epic first post?), but anyone want to express an opinion or hazard a guess at which way this will go.
Life aint about the destination, life's about the journey. That's why we ride!
www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk
pat View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2014 at 19:43
yes

smw View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2014 at 19:52
I hope they vote yes for no other reason than it being exciting and risky. The norm becomes boring. GO SCOTLAND!!
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2014 at 20:20
I'm sick of hearing about it,so I'm glad it'll soon be over.

If they want to go let them,then we stop all handouts etc and send back all the scotties from Westminster.

I vote for independence for England LOL

Although if I could speak German I'd be moving to Austria to retire
www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk

Looking forward to the next track day
pjroth72 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pjroth72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2014 at 20:26
II'm with you on that Mr G Thumbs Up
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
legend88 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2014 at 20:34
I think there will be a lot of cold feet when it comes to the vote and will be a NO. I can see why emotionally they would want to vote yes but the reality I think is different.

However if they vote yes then good luck to them but frankly they should not expect any future support from the rest of the UK other than being part of the Commonwealth if they still so wish. No having your cake and eating it!

There's my colours on the mast!
davidrsurfer View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidrsurfer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2014 at 20:39
Yes I say. Then I plan to start up a flag & sticker company.....well somebody has got to print all those new union jack flags & mini roof stickers.
Motorcycle friendly self catering holiday apartment Acorn Studio. See us at Air bnb.
adzed View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member
The Bad man!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adzed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2014 at 20:45
As long as my Tunnocks caramel bars don't shoot up in price they can do one for me. They hate us anyway. Bye bye
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
pjroth72 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pjroth72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2014 at 20:46
haha then we have only got the welsh to go then LOL
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
adzed View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member
The Bad man!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adzed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2014 at 20:47
They hate us even more ffs!
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
pjroth72 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pjroth72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2014 at 20:52
Even English that live there hate us  lol
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2014 at 20:53
Effectively they are on a win win scenario anyway,Cameron has been throwing offers of extra benefits at them with increasing desperation I think.

As most unions now seem to be breaking into their component parts and seeking some sort of national identity I suppose it's inevitable the nationalists would agitate for seperation.

Funny though,as if were the English rabble rousing and causing unrest based on national identity then we'd be labelled the worst sort of racist's.

How do the bloody scots get away with it?

I believe you need special permission to fly the St George Cross in the Uk as it's considered inflammatory to others??

How's that work then?

Can just imagine telling a Yank he couldn't fly the Stars & Stripes Ouch  

Discuss                       as our colonial cousins would say
www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk

Looking forward to the next track day
pjroth72 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pjroth72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2014 at 20:58
It'll be rite Ian because it will be the black flag that flys  here if these f**kers get there way soon
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Spoonz View Drop Down
Admins Group
Admins Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spoonz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2014 at 20:59
It will be No which is exactly what I think the SNP want it to be.

Imo they never wanted or expected to win which is why they never answered the currency issue with any credibility. Look at the extra powers they get even with a no and ask yourself has Alex Salmond played a blinder either way. Why have to deliver on currency etc when you get 90% of the same powers from a no vote but the security of the BOE on money.

Personally I don't have strong views either way, good luck to them whatever but a part of me wants it to be a yes just to see where it goes both sides of the border after. It would deffo shake up the t**sers in Westminster which most people hold in as much contempt as the Scots do.

All will be revealed by morning.

adzed View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member
The Bad man!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adzed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2014 at 20:59
Don't start me on the flag thing. I've not taken my medication today!
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
pjroth72 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pjroth72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2014 at 21:01
Well they will be next ill tell ya
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Spoonz View Drop Down
Admins Group
Admins Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spoonz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2014 at 21:05
And talking of the regions of the uk, I see that welsh Garin has stopped harassing sheep for 5 mins to mess with my avatar title.

I vote for independence for all welsh living in Cornwall and sink them in a boat somewhere near the Scilly Isles. All those in favour say BAHHHHHHHHHH
pjroth72 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pjroth72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2014 at 21:06
LOLBbaahhhhhh
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
davidrsurfer View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidrsurfer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2014 at 21:21
Do you mind. I spend a lot of time in that sea!
Motorcycle friendly self catering holiday apartment Acorn Studio. See us at Air bnb.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2014 at 21:23
thought we were gonna get away from it on here but hey ho .

as for opinion we should all stick together and f**k europe off. i think salmond has played a dangerous game turning what is a very serious financial complex political matter into a very basic scots versus england war and some scots will not look further than that imo. 

our politicians arent without fault as well . 

we are one big island with a natural barrier around us why are we at war ???????????????
pjroth72 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pjroth72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2014 at 21:28
Your right about Europe too get out of there too
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
legend88 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2014 at 22:02
Given that the Edinburgh Agreement, signed by both sides agreed that the referendum should give  "a decisive expression of the views of people in Scotland and a result everyone will respect", would a close vote be valid? How big a majority is needed to be 'decisive'?

pjroth72 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pjroth72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2014 at 22:28
51%
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
legend88 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2014 at 22:33
1 vote would do it apparently but I wouldn't even call 55% 'decisive'

j180 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote j180 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2014 at 23:27
51% is still a majority, I voted yes though I do think it will be a no win. I can't see how we would be much worse off on our own tbh. After the devolution vote in 79 we lost our coal steel and car industries due to broken Tory promises. Will see what happens this time round
RSV_Ecosse View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RSV_Ecosse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2014 at 23:32
I voted Yes today. However as a nation, we are consistent. And to that end I believe the result will be a 'No'. Just like our national football team we will see the massive build up, hope amongst hopes and a feeling of 'Bloody hell......we could actually do this!!' only to get royally humped at the last minute.

2000RSV - Lots of carbon tat - Hopeless wobbler onboard
legend88 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2014 at 23:40
Originally posted by j180 j180 wrote:

51% is still a majority, I voted yes though I do think it will be a no win. I can't see how we would be much worse off on our own tbh. After the devolution vote in 79 we lost our coal steel and car industries due to broken Tory promises. Will see what happens this time round

I agree even 1 vote is a majority and that is how it has been set up so however it turns out so be it.  I really think that a decision with such huge consequences should have more than a simple majority support.
legend88 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2014 at 23:41
Originally posted by RSV_Ecosse RSV_Ecosse wrote:

I voted Yes today. However as a nation, we are consistent. And to that end I believe the result will be a 'No'. Just like our national football team we will see the massive build up, hope amongst hopes and a feeling of 'Bloody hell......we could actually do this!!' only to get royally humped at the last minute.

You cannot say you will be humped just because it does not go your way if that is the decision of the Scottish people.
RSV_Ecosse View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RSV_Ecosse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2014 at 23:49
Originally posted by legend88 legend88 wrote:

You cannot say you will be humped just because it does not go your way if that is the decision of the Scottish people.

I just did. LOL

2000RSV - Lots of carbon tat - Hopeless wobbler onboard
Wavestarved View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wavestarved Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2014 at 23:55
I reckon that the English should be able to vote in it too! It affects us as well.
Life aint about the destination, life's about the journey. That's why we ride!
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic