rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > V4 Tuono > V4 Tuono.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Winter plan

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geordie.robbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Winter plan
    Posted: 11 Aug 2014 at 10:23
My plan for winter is already under way. The one thing that lets the Tuono V4 down is its tank range. That said the 2014 model has an extra 1.5l tank capacity. Should be enough  to at least get to 100 miles before the light comes on. 
Ive currently got people looking into the possibility of fitting the larger tank to the older model. Already confirmed the fuel pump is located in the same position as is the APRC module. The newer model ABS is fitted under the seat at the rear of the tank so the extra space can only be from a wider tank. 
So by the end of the month I should know if its fits, then its a case of sourcing the tank and then finding some one who can match the colour as the 2014 only comes in black or white not fast yellow Ouch 

As well as all that exciting work the plan is also to do the RSV4 tail conversion which is a much easier task, but again the RSV yellow is diffrent to the Tuono yellow, so it could be a case of painting again or changing the colour of my bike to black with maybe some red.

Ill be sure to keep you updated on progress and once the bad weather starts the spanners will come out.
redratbike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2014 at 12:17
i think you should really be thinking of the rsv4 additional injector mod ha ha

you know you want to!!!!!

there are alloy tanks available with bigger capacity but i think these are big bucks

www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk
geordie.robbie View Drop Down
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geordie.robbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2014 at 13:15
Ive not heard of that one have to look at that. some think else for the list. ha ha.

Aslong as I can get 100 miles before the light Ill be happy. Specialy playing in the scottish borders petrol stations are very limited and worse on weekends. 
j180 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote j180 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2014 at 13:25
You could of course ride slowly to conserve fuel mucker 😂
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geordie.robbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2014 at 13:42
ha ha tried, doesnt work. around the doors looking at 26mpg spirited riding averaged 38mpg
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geordie.robbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2014 at 18:57
Well parts are starting to add up for winter now. 

Currently have a US spec side stand on its way to me 

RSV4 Throttle bodies, and wiring loom.

Still on the look out for RSV4 variable velocity stacks and Im just waiting for more stock of the RSV4 tail conversion, Should have confirmation end of the month if the bigger tank fits and then its just a case of a little trip to Italy for my ECU to see Gabo have him do his magic, and then PC5 and custom map.
Still need to get myself some blank of plates for the SAS aswell.

Hopefully should have it all done before my little trip back to the IOM and I can have some fun over the mountain.
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geordie.robbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2014 at 22:39
Well the winter project is well under way with afew extras thrown in, hopefully the bike will be back together in the next few weeks and I can get some photos up.
End result will not be till 12th Feb once I get the custom fuel map. :)
legend88 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2014 at 22:43
Hey Geordie, you certainly ringing the changes to your machine there. Maybe we will eventually get that ride out we talked about in the spring.
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geordie.robbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2014 at 22:47
Indeed mate, just started to spiral but im looking forward to seeing the results. Yeah have to try get a Northern RSVR.net ride out sorted 
Ape View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member
Moto nutter!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ape Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2014 at 06:37
We need before and after pics dooooode! !
www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk

RIDE IT LIKE YA STOLE IT BOSS !!
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geordie.robbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2014 at 08:01
Hopefully the bike will be back together in the next few weeks then Ill get some photos up, most of the changes are hidden away. Will put up my dyno graph when I get it done, see what gains I got :)
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geordie.robbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2014 at 15:17
My belly pan is with UK customs, just waiting for them to send out the bill then all my bits have arrived :) 
Drew View Drop Down
World Superbike Star
World Superbike Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2014 at 17:24
Are you putting the long rsv4 belly pan on ,, i like the look of that , both sides wend dead cheap on the bay the other day.
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geordie.robbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2014 at 19:51
Yip thats the plan, just need some custom decals done, getting excited to see what it looks like now Big smile
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geordie.robbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2014 at 09:46
Drew View Drop Down
World Superbike Star
World Superbike Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2014 at 10:06
Sounding good .
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geordie.robbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2015 at 18:05
Bike was on the rolling road today for custom map. 167bhp at the rear wheel 82ft-lbs
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic