rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Chat > Your Bike
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

08' RSV1000R (Ice White/Black/Silver)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W3BBY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2014 at 20:29

Love the bike and and your kit mate!

Just out of interest....did you have the best BMX out of your mates and are you a bit particular about how tidy your house is?[/QUOTE]

Ha! I was the kid that was always left behind on the chopper that dad made me while my friends steamed off ahead.... I've made up for it since ;)
Being a Virgo I'd say yes, I'm VERY particular....... :/
W3BBY View Drop Down
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W3BBY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2014 at 20:33
Originally posted by pjroth72 pjroth72 wrote:

haha webby you've sorted it now lol

Ha yes, sorry abt the pics, I may have got slightly carried away..... :/
PCv and roadsitalia PROJSIZ cans to come.
Need to make some more money first :/
Stevex11sdw View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevex11sdw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2014 at 23:00
Originally posted by W3BBY W3BBY wrote:

Love the bike and and your kit mate!

Just out of interest....did you have the best BMX out of your mates and are you a bit particular about how tidy your house is?

Ha! I was the kid that was always left behind on the chopper that dad made me while my friends steamed off ahead.... I've made up for it since ;)
Being a Virgo I'd say yes, I'm VERY particular....... :/[/QUOTE]

Good for you buddy! Like your style.....
W3BBY View Drop Down
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W3BBY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2014 at 15:55

FANTASTIC NEWS!!! Griff and the gang are coming to Colchester on Thursday 7th August Thumbs Up

For my bike please - That'll be the Race Open Air Induction kit, Map1 to Map2, TB's & CO re-balanced, NEW plastics fitted (R/H), Throttle cable adjustment, RoadsItalia PROJSIZ Cans fitted (If I have them) and then just a Griff Set-Up to top it all off.....

Roll on the 7th Smile

redratbike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2014 at 16:31

Custom Leathers to match ;)

so you going to get roadsitalia patches sewn over the akra ones?Clown

www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk
W3BBY View Drop Down
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W3BBY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2014 at 16:33

lol you don't miss a trick :P

I'm working on that, but trying to sourse the RoadsItalia Logo is a biatch!? :/

Skullface View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skullface Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2014 at 16:37
Should be a great fun difference for you mate, pretty much what i've done to my 07 Factory. 

worth sorting gearing to 15/42 if you havent already.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2014 at 16:42
banner footer

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
W3BBY View Drop Down
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W3BBY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2014 at 16:43
Originally posted by Skullface Skullface wrote:

Should be a great fun difference for you mate, pretty much what i've done to my 07 Factory. 

worth sorting gearing to 15/42 if you havent already.

I've been toying with the idea, but will I not need a chain (basically a whole new chain & Sprocket kit) :/?

Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2014 at 16:43

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
W3BBY View Drop Down
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W3BBY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2014 at 16:45

Was thinking of just going down one at the front, as I do travel on dual carriageways a fair bit to work, so keeping the revs down would help a little.

So toying with just changing the front and not the back?

W3BBY View Drop Down
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W3BBY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2014 at 16:46

Originally posted by redratbike redratbike wrote:

lol now try and turn it into a sticker or a label?! Confused

Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2014 at 16:49

you need a friendly shop that does fleeces/polo shirts with embroidery go and see them they can scan it in and the make yyou an embroidered patch..simples

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
W3BBY View Drop Down
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W3BBY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2014 at 17:05

you need a friendly shop that does fleeces/polo shirts with embroidery go and see them they can scan it in and the make yyou an embroidered patch..simples

Thumbs Up Thumbs UpThumbs UpApprove

W3BBY View Drop Down
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W3BBY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2014 at 17:47
Speaking of these Roadsitalia?! Will I need to order ones with or without the CAT ? :/
Skullface View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skullface Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2014 at 17:56
WITHOUT CAT... 

Catalysers are restrictive.

Depending on when your chain and sprockets were last changed you might get away with just sprockets if its fairly recent.

Just dropping to the 15 on the front is a wise enough move, no need to change the chain for a £15 sprocket. Griff has decent Talon ones and will prob fit that for you on the day..

then in future when a C&S kit is needed, make a more informed choice on gearing having tried the 15 (-1) front.
W3BBY View Drop Down
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W3BBY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2014 at 22:09
QUOTE=Skullface] WITHOUT CAT... 

Catalysers are restrictive.

Depending on when your chain and sprockets were last changed you might get away with just sprockets if its fairly recent.

Just dropping to the 15 on the front is a wise enough move, no need to change the chain for a £15 sprocket. Griff has decent Talon ones and will prob fit that for you on the day..

then in future when a C&S kit is needed, make a more informed choice on gearing having tried the 15 (-1) front.
[/QUOTE]

Cheers bud ;)
Might seem like a daft question, but although I understand the reasons not to have Cat in exhausts, won't I need it for mot and emissions? :/
P.s: will my standard sprocket have 16 teeth then, as I thought I needed a 14 front? :/ pardon my ignorance, as I'm still learning..... Webby
Skullface View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skullface Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2014 at 07:39
It's not a daft question, but I wouldnt have recommended something that would screw you over Webby...

To pass a vehicle into production a manufacturer has to meet stringent levels of emmision control, all about nasty gasses coming out the exhaust.  Levels for MOT's are the same from pretty much all vehicles, and many many times less stringent. No you wont need a Cat in to pass MOT.. mine is 07 Factory model of yours, been through 3 MOT's with RoadsItalia Cans.. no problem.

Same reason almost all Turbo Diesels end up with more Economy AND power when you get em properly superchipped. the maps are designed for emmsiions control not engine optimisation.
Skullface View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skullface Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2014 at 07:41
Gen1 was standard with a 17T Front.. most go 16T
Gen2 is Standard at 16T, and some came with a 15T in the pack from the dealer when new.
W3BBY View Drop Down
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W3BBY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2014 at 08:34

Gen1 was standard with a 17T Front.. most go 16T
Gen2 is Standard at 16T, and some came with a 15T in the pack from the dealer when new.

Is there an easy way to count how many Teeth there are already on my bike without removing anything?

Bikes at home and I'm at work, so can't see or remember how it all looks. My guess is that fairing needs to come away? :/

P.s: RoadsItalia you say? I've got my heart set on the PROJSIX 400mm Black Titanium cans for my Ice white /Black/Silver RSVR - Only I need a buyer for my Akra's first...... Confused

Or would you keep the Ti Akra's over the RoadsItalia?

P.s.s: What was their service like and how long did you wait until they were delivered? (assuming you ordered them from Italy)

I've emailed them twice and not received anything back?! Not a good start on there part I have to say; therefore , my first impressions are diminishing Confused  

Skullface View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skullface Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2014 at 08:59
You would need to remove the .. guess what.. 'Sprocket cover'  ;) its about 3 or 4 allen bolts, then count the teeth, or look for a number stamped on the side of the sprocket. No fairing needs removing.

I ordered Direct it took only a few days for shipping, i think the order took a week or so to despatch. Wasnt long. bike already had exhausts on that worked so no biggy.

If you have OEM opriginal exhausts.. then get the Akra's sold. wont kill you to have a quiet bike a few weeks.

I got rid of Ti Akra to get my Roads Doublefire Carbons. Found the Akra's far too quiet for my liking. And I wanted something modern and angular to match the bike, not just oval with a round spout outlet... 

They are Italians.. Expect 1 week response if it were a case of their mothers death. Thats Italy.. seriously.. 
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2014 at 09:00
they have this on there website so maybe a backlog of orders

ATTENTION
ATTENTION, ATTENTION, all orders received after the 7th will be delivered in 20 days,

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
W3BBY View Drop Down
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W3BBY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2014 at 09:06

You would need to remove the .. guess what.. 'Sprocket cover'  ;) its about 3 or 4 allen bolts, then count the teeth, or look for a number stamped on the side of the sprocket. No fairing needs removing.

I ordered Direct it took only a few days for shipping, i think the order took a week or so to despatch. Wasnt long. bike already had exhausts on that worked so no biggy.

If you have OEM opriginal exhausts.. then get the Akra's sold. wont kill you to have a quiet bike a few weeks.

I got rid of Ti Akra to get my Roads Doublefire Carbons. Found the Akra's far too quiet for my liking. And I wanted something modern and angular to match the bike, not just oval with a round spout outlet... 

They are Italians.. Expect 1 week response if it were a case of their mothers death. Thats Italy.. seriously.. 

lol Cool, I'll be sure to check when I get home....

No other cans unfortunately, so need the Akra's till new ones arrive.

Ideally, I'd need someone to buy mine before ordering the Projsiz cans or the buyer can purchase the PROJSIX for me direct and have them delivered to my address and then I'll send mine off to the buyer as soon as the new ones are on..... :/ Chances of that?! = 0

W3BBY View Drop Down
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W3BBY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2014 at 09:06

they have this on there website so maybe a backlog of orders

ATTENTION
ATTENTION, ATTENTION, all orders received after the 7th will be delivered in 20 days,

DAMN IT!!! :/

Skullface View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skullface Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2014 at 10:28

lol Cool, I'll be sure to check when I get home....

No other cans unfortunately, so need the Akra's till new ones arrive.

Ideally, I'd need someone to buy mine before ordering the Projsiz cans or the buyer can purchase the PROJSIX for me direct and have them delivered to my address and then I'll send mine off to the buyer as soon as the new ones are on..... :/ Chances of that?! = 0

I know this forum is charitable with time and knowledge.. but are you tapped mate??

The Akra;s used are unlikely to fetch the £450 for the new Projisz, more like £200-250 PERHAPS £300 from what I saw when I looked on ebay a year ago for some.

Ohh by the way, do you mind buying me a new jaguar XJ-L.. have it delivered to me, and when I'm happy, I'll send you my old Lexus LS400..   just to help out a mate???
smw View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2014 at 10:37
................................................................................................................................................................

LOL                                    LOL                               LOL                                 LOL                                   LOL

W3BBY View Drop Down
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W3BBY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2014 at 10:39

lol Sure, no probs! Thumbs Up 

P.s: Those I've seen for £300 are in shocking condition compared to mine....

I've researched, looked around at others on Fleabay etc and mine are worth £400+ :) Ask 'Bird' she'll tell ya?! Tongue

W3BBY View Drop Down
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W3BBY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2014 at 10:43
Skullface View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skullface Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2014 at 11:07
are you searching for 'sold' listings, or just asking prices?
W3BBY View Drop Down
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W3BBY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2014 at 11:42

are you searching for 'sold' listings, or just asking prices?

I wouldn't want those 2nd hand cans on my bike I know that much.... But then I'm a Virgo Man with everything having to be just so. I'm anal like that?! :/

My guess is that they're looking for approx. £300 for those cans on fleabay; therefore, from the condition of those I'd say mine are worth at least £100 more than those in question....

I'm obviously not in any rush to sell mine and if I end keeping the Akra's running off a new AP induction kit, Map2 and -1 front sprocket then so be it Smile

Roadsitalia's would look nice though, but hey ho, I can live without Wink

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic