rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Falco > General & Technical
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mille Swingarm Swap

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
L Plates
L Plates

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maxwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mille Swingarm Swap
    Posted: 09 Jun 2014 at 09:20
At the weekend I got around to fitting the Mille swingarm I had with the bike.

All in all the job was pretty easy except removing the rear exhaust bolts which were a fiddly PITA.

I also fitted the Mille triangle links by accident (because I didn't know no better) which raised the rear miles too high.

Treated myself to a new chain and sprokets too.

All in all I'm very pleased with the look of it :)
redratbike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2014 at 12:56
Couldn't you leave the pipe in place?

www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk
maxwin View Drop Down
L Plates
L Plates

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maxwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2014 at 13:42
Only if you can get the bottom part of the pipe off, I tried to lever it out but there was not enough play
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2014 at 14:12
Originally posted by maxwin maxwin wrote:

Only if you can get the bottom part of the pipe off, I tried to lever it out but there was not enough play
t can be done...you have to be brave

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
stormbringer55 View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stormbringer55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2017 at 10:23
Im doing mine soon ,Ive got a black and a Silver not sure which one to fit .
You can see them in this pic.
Haga2002 View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Haga2002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 11:39
Hi I note that it has been some time since you have put the RSV swing arm in the SL1000 (falco). How does this handle? Do you know if the Ohlins front end and rear shock from a 2004 Factory would fit straight into an SL??
Haga2002 View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Haga2002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 11:41
Were there any problems with the exhaust and the RSV swingarm?
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 16:41
Originally posted by Haga2002 Haga2002 wrote:

Hi I note that it has been some time since you have put the RSV swing arm in the SL1000 (falco). How does this handle? Do you know if the Ohlins front end and rear shock from a 2004 Factory would fit straight into an SL??
when you say 2004 factory do you mean gen2 ?????? The front end fits ....as long as you have the matching ohlins yokes as your old forks are 53mm and ohlins 51mm top diameter....you can't mix and match gen1 and gen2 yokes as they have a different offset....2.5mm disc spacers required to put the discs central in the calipers.

You may or may not need brake lines

The shock will bolts in sure you need to use the gen2 triangles and dogbone I'll post a link for more info

http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/showthread.php?162440-The-Definitive-quot-What-Shock-Fits-quot-Thread-for-Falcos

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Haga2002 View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Haga2002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 23:45
Yes the first of Gen 2, I have the whole bike and was thinking of taking the whole front end and putting it on the Falco? I cant use the factory on the road here due to the laws in relation to written off bikes!!
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2017 at 00:44

Yes the first of Gen 2, I have the whole bike and was thinking of taking the whole front end and putting it on the Falco? I cant use the factory on the road here due to the laws in relation to written off bikes!!
it's either that or make it a track bike ..... you can modify the engine to run on falco electrics ....go on you know you want to woohoo!!!!!!!

Even the swingarm will fit

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2017 at 00:48

it's either that or make it a track bike ..... you can modify the engine to run on falco electrics ....go on you know you want to woohoo!!!!!!! (I just got a gen2 engine for my falco )

Even the swingarm will fit

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic