rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tuono > General & Technical
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hello everyone, new member

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ckennedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hello everyone, new member
    Posted: 06 Jun 2014 at 20:40
Hi guys and girls, my name is Chris. Had a bit of bad luck today. Went to work this morning and then had a phone call around 0810 to say my bike had been stolen long story short it has since been recovered by the police in reasonable condition but my heart isn't in that bike any more so I have been in touch with a friend who has a first gen tuono for sale.

Is has the oz wheels, online rear shock, brembo brakes, loads of carbon fibre, 2 - 2 full akra system, Oberon clutch master cylinder and a few other nice bits. He has had the electrics sorted, new forks as they were rubbing through on the bottom clamp.

He had a small off on the bike which he has nearly fi wished repairing but what is left is nothing major and it is perfectly rideable ect. I would like to know if there is anything else I should look out for that wouldnt be obvious to people outside of the aprillia world. I know about issues with the sprag clutch but I know this isn't an issue with this bike.

Any info is welcomed and hopefully I'll be the proud owner of a tuono on Sunday
Philly46 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Philly46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2014 at 20:45
Or would you like to be a proud owner of the best Gen1 RSV instead?
ckennedy View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ckennedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2014 at 20:56
Well that purely depends on price and location. Fancy posting some pics and info?
Philly46 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Philly46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2014 at 21:01
Here's the for sale thread, I'm in Wolverhampton...

http://www.rsvr.net/topic14048_post115700.html
ckennedy View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ckennedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2014 at 21:17
Bit expensive for me Phil, and the wrong colour but thanks anyway
kevin_whittaker View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin_whittaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2014 at 21:18
Hello and welcome to the forum, good luck finding your new ride.Thumbs Up
www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk
ckennedy View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ckennedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2014 at 21:25
Oh one thing I do need to know, the 2-2 system has carbon hangers fitted, what hangers can I use to get the pillion foot pegs back? My missus will nbe on the back from time to time.
Philly46 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Philly46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2014 at 21:29
You can use the OEM pillion pegs but you need to buy an adapter for the left hand side. You can find it in the Aprilia parts diagrams.
busman View Drop Down
World Superbike Star
World Superbike Star
eBay whore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2014 at 21:38
welcome to the forum, Thumbs Up
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Bird View Drop Down
World Superbike Star
World Superbike Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2014 at 15:28
Sorry about your bike Unhappy Glad you're getting a Tuono though, they're awesome!
jond58 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jond58 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2014 at 20:33
Welcome along, bad news on the nicked bike but you'll be happier on an ape anyhow!
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Meerkat View Drop Down
L Plates
L Plates

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meerkat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2014 at 20:50
Hi I'm also new to here I've just got an 03 Eddie rep and fitted a 2-2 system and mrs is now giving me grief cus I have the same problem as ckennedy I also need a left hand pillion hanger I've looked on aprillia parts diagram and carnt see the adaptor u speak of PLS HELP !!!!!!
Philly46 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Philly46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2014 at 21:15
Meerkat View Drop Down
L Plates
L Plates

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meerkat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2014 at 21:38
Cheers philly46 uve saved the day !!! Part ordered many thanks again!!!
ckennedy View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ckennedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2014 at 22:12
Could you not use later model pillion pegs/hangers which have 2-2 systems? or failing that there are Gilies (sp.) adjustable pillion pegs for the mille on Ebay for 85quid. Wouldn't they fit?
lloydie View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lloydie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2014 at 07:12
Hello and welcome it's a very nice bike you have there
w00dzy View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote w00dzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2014 at 20:38
Nice to meet you and welcome to the forum Chris!

Sounds like your having a right blast on the bike. I must admit it is very comfortable!

Shame you missed my jump in three figures, proper brown pants moment haha

Never had so many bikes in my garage! Would be good if you lads came past mine on your stag run and I will make sure I light the BBQ!! Thumbs Up

Thought you would like these pics!

Lloydies snot rocker (kermit)

And of course we couldnt let you leave without your RSV.NET sticker.

R.I.P Rob Mcqueen

"The only thing better than a motorcycle, is two motorcycles"

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
ckennedy View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ckennedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2014 at 22:01
we shall have to see if we can plan the route back to come past yours and we shall take you up on that offer
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic