rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RSV / RSVR / FACTORY > General Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

02 RSVR

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
L Plates
L Plates

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote old thumper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 02 RSVR
    Posted: 26 Mar 2007 at 17:19
Hi to all, newbie here. I'm in the middle of a private part ex with my 97 TLS for a 2002 RSVR. Interested to hear your thoughts on any areas to check for on the bike, it's standard apart from aprilia race can and eprom chip. I've heard tales of dodgy electrics, poor availability of parts; but understand the bike is reliable engine wise,(I'm told it has rear wheel bhp of 129) which sounds pretty good. I'm not built like the Japanese so should fit well, Are they quite top heavy, do they drop into corners like a stone, I know it will be an improvement on the TLS although mine has Maxton front and rear and many other improvements, my aim is to finally start doing some track days, which after 26 years of riding it's about bloody time too! am doing the Mick Boddice track training day in June, anyone done it? Regards to all, hope to be back when things sorted.
Tongpo View Drop Down
World Superbike Star
World Superbike Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tongpo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2007 at 22:26
mate i just bought an o4 Tuono Factory which other than the bars is a very similar spec to the rsvr i undertsand. I'd come from a Blade with WP shock and fork springs and was slightly concerned the handling of the Aprilia wouldn't compare too favorably - ater 400 miles i can tell you it does...fantastic bikes, very responsive and nimble for such a tall machine, and the engine's a peach
bighez View Drop Down
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bighez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2007 at 14:24
Hi, I am a bit new to the big V's after defecting from a Jap inline 4. The best thing about the bike for me is the size. I am tall and this bike fits me down to the ground. I also have a 2002 rsvr. It has an akro pipe which makes it sound like thunder MAGIC. It has jap reliability with the character of an italian machine. You'll love it ! ! ! !
old thumper View Drop Down
L Plates
L Plates

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote old thumper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2007 at 19:03
Hopefully deal will go ahead as planned, I'm looking forward to taking her out; 1 slight concern, the bikes shod with Dunlop 207RR's, I've never had that much confidence in Dunlops what are your thoughts on RSVR's and Dunlops?
Tongpo View Drop Down
World Superbike Star
World Superbike Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tongpo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2007 at 22:11
...i'm no fan of dunlops but my last bike came with the 207rr's on and i had no problems...though i did change them for michellins when the time come... though it wasn't an Aprilia so isn't really releveant [:I]
smmrsvr View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smmrsvr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2007 at 13:15
Before I got the Mille R I had a Gixer6 with 207RR on.......rubbish!! No feedback, poor grip, horrible tyres. My Mille has got SuperCorsa Pro on which are like comapring chalk and cheese, in fact the 207RR were like riding on cheese! Have a trawl through previous posts on here......many guys recommend Metzeler, Michelin, Pirelli, few recommend Dunlop. It's all personal choice I know, but I can only report what I found.
Desert Fox View Drop Down
L Plates
L Plates

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Desert Fox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2007 at 20:44
get away from the 207 RR's - very nasty on track especially when damp.Used them for racing, but not anymore.
L Plates
L Plates

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote old thumper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2007 at 17:40
Never been that keen on Dunlops myself, had 208's on a past 888 because they were v.cheap, not overly impressed. What sort of mileage do you get on 2CT's, I know its relative to riding style etc, are they good in both wet and dry, and how do they cope with track days? Cheers.
factory1000 View Drop Down
L Plates
L Plates

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote factory1000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2007 at 18:29
quote:
Originally posted by old thumper
Never been that keen on Dunlops myself, had 208's on a past 888 because they were v.cheap, not overly impressed. What sort of mileage do you get on 2CT's, I know its relative to riding style etc, are they good in both wet and dry, and how do they cope with track days? Cheers.
Michelin 2ct's offer good grip and wear but pirelli diablo III far better for road and track, quick warm up times and excellent grip. see latest copy of superbike magazine. oh and if your after some pirelli diablo III give me bell on 078 411 08170 or email me on gixxerman@hotmail.co.uk I a[:)] I run pirelli supercorsa pro on mille factory no complaints there either.[8D] £150 front + rear Brand New Pirelli Diablo III.
L Plates
L Plates

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote old thumper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2007 at 18:49
Thanks gizzerman, I'll bear that in mind, hoping to complete deal next weekend, will give the Dunlops a quick go, but may well take them off soon after.
tt dave View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tt dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2007 at 07:37
i have got 02 rsvr had it from new,no problems really,would be very surprised if it has 129 at back wheel with just can and chip though v twins the way to go
L Plates
L Plates

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote old thumper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2007 at 16:54
Hi TT Dave what rear wheel bhp does yours make, with what mods?
karlv View Drop Down
L Plates
L Plates

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karlv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2007 at 23:03
Ive got dunlop 207's on, and think I might need to change them. No confidence in them really, and keep having "moments"
smmrsvr View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smmrsvr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2007 at 00:12
Old Thumper, I'v got a 6000 mile 2001 Mille R with Akrapovic Race Slip on and chip, Evoluzione airbox kit and a PCIII, it has been dynoed at Rhencullen at 123bhp at rear wheel with 73 ft/lb torque. Stuart
L Plates
L Plates

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote old thumper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2007 at 13:40
Stuart, that sounds healthy, I guess I would need to see a dyno print out to be sure of the 129 claimed horses.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic