rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Chat > General Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rod tax News = Boiling my blood

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A82addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rod tax News = Boiling my blood
    Posted: 17 Jan 2014 at 21:34

PROPOSALS to get rid of paper tax discs from October 1 this year will carry a sting in the tail for everyone buying a used vehicle after that date: they will have to tax it immediately instead of being able to take on the vehicle’s existing unexpired tax.

While ostensibly a move to stop fraudsters, the tweak to the rules could lead to a windfall for the Treasury.

The ‘Draft Clauses and Explanatory Notes’ for the proposed Finance Bill 2014 say:

“…it will no longer be possible to transfer the benefit of a vehicle licence when there is a change of registered keeper. As a consequence of this, where there is a new registered keeper he/she will be obliged to take out a new vehicle licence when the vehicle to which the vehicle licence relates is transferred to him/her. The reason for now preventing vehicle licences being transferred from registered keeper to registered keeper is to avoid a new registered keeper unknowingly keeping an unlicensed vehicle. For example, in the absence of a paper licence a vehicle may be purchased supposedly with the benefit of a vehicle licence. The new keeper would believe that the vehicle was licensed, but the former keeper could apply for a refund of VED without the knowledge of the new keeper resulting on the new keeper having an unlicensed vehicle.

Read more: http://www.visordown.com/motorcycle-news--general-news/vehicle-tax-to-no-longer-carry-over-to-the-next-owner/24332.html#ixzz2qh5HAgRd
jond58 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jond58 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2014 at 22:22
Oh that is sneaky! They'll get a bloody fortune from that, twats!
www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk
nikfubar View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikfubar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2014 at 22:36

Yup nice windfall for the tax man, Angry but one thing it will do is level the playing field when buying & selling vehicles as you now won't need to tax the vehicle to be able to sell it as you seem to have to at the moment to generate any interest.

But what really pisses me off is I pay all that money & I don't even get my little bit of paper any more Angry What am I going to put in my expensive billet tax disc holder on my 2 stroke.

Oops
jond58 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jond58 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2014 at 22:38
That's a nice addition but as you say soon to be redundant, I've never once displayed a tax disc on a bike in twenty years and have never been done for it either!
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
legend88 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2014 at 23:02
Originally posted by nikfubar nikfubar wrote:

Yup nice windfall for the tax man, Angry but one thing it will do is level the playing field when buying & selling vehicles as you now won't need to tax the vehicle to be able to sell it as you seem to have to at the moment to generate any interest.

But what really pisses me off is I pay all that money & I don't even get my little bit of paper any more Angry What am I going to put in my expensive billet tax disc holder on my 2 stroke.

Beautiful pipes mate, have they ever been hot?

nikfubar View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikfubar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2014 at 00:09

Originally posted by legend88 legend88 wrote:

Beautiful pipes mate, have they ever been hot?

Yup Big smile 11.5K on Gibsons dyno

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPcSIlPiuqM

Oops
pjroth72 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pjroth72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2014 at 10:15
get the towls ready for nickyboy
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Ape View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member
Moto nutter!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ape Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2014 at 10:56
Ohhhh shiny.
www.apriliaforum.co.uk

RIDE IT LIKE YA STOLE IT BOSS !!
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2014 at 11:01
As nick says it will level the field when buying something else a little and as long as we can still claim the tax back left on the vehicle we are selling i don't really have a problem with it.
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2014 at 12:54
I'd still rather they binned the whole thing and just added a percentage to the fuel tax instead.
www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk

Looking forward to the next track day
camngetit View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote camngetit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2014 at 19:46
Be nice if the spent it on the roads most are in shocking condition
its twins for me !!!!
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2014 at 22:02
Now I REALLY feel old,when I got my license it was Big smile
www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk

Looking forward to the next track day
felix View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote felix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2014 at 10:09
So if they cant carry existing rfl, then how long before the do the same with mot's ?
Also, when you buy a vehicle in future we need to make sure the insurance database has been updated (not always instant) before we can tax it...
Mite make buying something out in the sticks difficult if there is a poor signal... Or does it meen more than 1trip to buy anything in future ?
Dont you just love progress..

:)
Ape View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member
Moto nutter!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ape Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2014 at 12:42
When its in just watch the fuzz ask for funding (from the tax payer) for more ANPR machines in their vehicles, then possibly more plain cars (at the expense of said taxpayer)...is that how it works ??
www.apriliaforum.co.uk

RIDE IT LIKE YA STOLE IT BOSS !!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic