rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RSV / RSVR / FACTORY > General Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Swing arm recall

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2014 at 12:22
Originally posted by kevin_whittaker kevin_whittaker wrote:

Originally posted by wigginsjp wigginsjp wrote:

Sorry what a knob! It's further up the thread.

No worries mate.Big smile

On a major positive note, I will be collecting my RSV next Friday from Aprilia Merseyside with it's new swingarm fitted - Cannot wait, only owned it for 3 months and might actually get to ride it soon.LOL

What was the labour charge mate?
redratbike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2014 at 13:55
Originally posted by Claude Claude wrote:

Originally posted by kevin_whittaker kevin_whittaker wrote:

Originally posted by wigginsjp wigginsjp wrote:

Sorry what a knob! It's further up the thread.

No worries mate.Big smile

On a major positive note, I will be collecting my RSV next Friday from Aprilia Merseyside with it's new swingarm fitted - Cannot wait, only owned it for 3 months and might actually get to ride it soon.LOL

What was the labour charge mate?
if it was done on the recall its all free

www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk
Claude View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2014 at 22:29
Swingarm replaced foc but not the labour.
See above, ;-)
Claude View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2014 at 22:43
I've been advised to contact direct as well.
Wallasey have done as much as they can and have been fab throughout. Shame piaggio don't support their dealers adequately.
kevin_whittaker View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin_whittaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2014 at 22:44
Going to pick it up tomorrow - new swing arm installed.....Big smile

Just need my carbon fibre bits back from repair to complete the beast and then I can finally ride it - nearly three months after I bought it...
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
legend88 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2014 at 22:49
Originally posted by <div>Just need my carbon fibre bits back from repair to complete the beast and then I can finally ride it - nearly three months after I bought it...</div>[/QUOTE
Just need my carbon fibre bits back from repair to complete the beast and then I can finally ride it - nearly three months after I bought it...
[/QUOTE wrote:

Where you getting your carbon repaired and is it expensive. I've got a front mudguard damaged by disc lock and don't fancy the £90 or so to replace it.<

Where you getting your carbon repaired and is it expensive. I've got a front mudguard damaged by disc lock and don't fancy the £90 or so to replace it.

Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin_whittaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2014 at 22:56
TBH I found a guy in the internet and it's not too bad cost wise, but I wouldn't recommend the guy as he promised a turn around of a week and nearly three weeks later I am still waiting.... It seems to be quite difficult to get a response from the guy now either.
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
legend88 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2014 at 23:10
Cheers, keep us informed please as it's something more of us will need at some point.

Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin_whittaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2014 at 23:42
I went back to Aprilia Merseyside to collect my Mille today, the new swingarn looks great.Thumbs Up

Unfortunately the ****ing thing won't start because the brand new (at Christmas) battery is dead - there is a charging issue with the bike and it won't run properly or charge as it should. The battery is *****ed and it looks like the generator is ****ed as well..... The dealership are suggesting that long periods of inactivity have caused a wiring fault (brown plugs and corrosion) that is causing the regulator/rectifier wires to get hot whilst it is running....Angry

Not exactly a happy chap today as I went up in a van expecting to bring it home and had to return with it empty - they were not happy to release the bike unless it had been test ridden and can't ride it with this fault. Luckily for me though, the bike still has a little bit warranty on it and the supplying dealership have advised me that they will pick up the bill for the repairs in this case. Hopefully they will replace everything and when I get it back it will be better than new - (just not sure when that might be now though...)Wink

In other news, the guy repairing my front mudguard and wind deflector has been in touch, looks like they have turned out great - just need to get it all back now...

And my new numberplate has arrived.... Strictly for show purposes.Wink

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Johnboy View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2014 at 07:23
Looks like your getting sorted Kevin, soon be summer

Is that plate the actual size?
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin_whittaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2014 at 14:48
Originally posted by Johnboy Johnboy wrote:

Looks like your getting sorted Kevin, soon be summer

Is that plate the actual size?

The plate is actually the size of the photo John yes. Is the plate the correct size for mot purposes? Er, no!
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2014 at 15:00
On many counts LOL

www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk

Looking forward to the next track day
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin_whittaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2014 at 20:30
Originally posted by IanG IanG wrote:

On many counts LOL

I am complying with the "spirit" of the law at least, it has at got a numberplate (and about 5 times the size of the one I had fitted to my old ZX6R)...Thumbs Up
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2014 at 20:50
That's progress then LOL

I only know these things because when I first had to get my bike Mot'd the tester saw it outside and gave me a long list of reasons why my plate was unacceptable.

It was almost the correct size as well,only slightly under nominal but had no makers id/ the eu symbol down the l/h side / no border line/slightly undersize numerals and a shaded 3d font.

Oh,and he made me take the scorpion can off as well,just as well I was given the standard one when I bought it.

I just leave the scorpion on now as they seem a bit less anal about things these days.

Sometimes it's just easier to comply,at least I'd have no reason to fear a pull these days.

Well apart from that DB killer which must have got spat out somewhere back down the road Ossiffer. Wink
www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk

Looking forward to the next track day
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin_whittaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2014 at 21:08
Originally posted by IanG IanG wrote:

That's progress then LOL

I only know these things because when I first had to get my bike Mot'd the tester saw it outside and gave me a long list of reasons why my plate was unacceptable.

It was almost the correct size as well,only slightly under nominal but had no makers id/ the eu symbol down the l/h side / no border line/slightly undersize numerals and a shaded 3d font.

Oh,and he made me take the scorpion can off as well,just as well I was given the standard one when I bought it.

I just leave the scorpion on now as they seem a bit less anal about things these days.

Sometimes it's just easier to comply,at least I'd have no reason to fear a pull these days.

Well apart from that DB killer which must have got spat out somewhere back down the road Ossiffer. Wink

I am sure that it is not going to satisfy some MOT testers - it's too small, it has no makers ID thingy and no BS no...... But until the fun police stop me it's staying as I believe that the bike looks better without a sailboard attached to the rear... There are no Db killer things in my Akrapovic cans either as I have never had them.

All this is irrelevant as the bike is still at the dealership and I have not ridden it in the 3 months that I have owned it - can't get done for a small numberplate whilst parked up in their workshop.Cry
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin_whittaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2014 at 22:15
A quick before and after of the front mudguard and it's repair - should get the parts back this week.Thumbs Up

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin_whittaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2014 at 00:49
Well I did finally get the bike back from Wallasey motorcycles today, new swingarm and bearings etc all fitted up and the shop that I bought the bike from paid out for another new battery and wiring repair (the wiring between the regulator and the rectifier). The dealer also ensured that the ECU has map 2 selected for the cans and filters but I suspect that it is going to need the TB balanced and CO level adjusted when I finally get out on her.

I am however, still waiting on the return of my carbon parts (4 weeks so far), the chap that did the repairs has said that they have been sent so hopefully not long now...Unhappy

Fitted my "tail tidy" and stupidly small numberplate (looks a bit lost on the rear TBH), and gave her a little clean up before tucking her away under cover and plugged in - just waiting for next weekend so that I can get some rent up and hopefully (weather and carbon dependent) go out and have some fun, it better be good after all of this.

Turns out that the last tax on this bike was 1/4/2008, so I am sure that the DVLA will be in touch soon enough....

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
fusebox View Drop Down
Admins Group
Admins Group
Aprilia performance boss bloke

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fusebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2014 at 21:43
fingers crossed for ya kev!!

it'll be worth it i promise!

www.apriliaperformance.co.uk www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaspareparts.co.uk
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin_whittaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2014 at 21:56
Originally posted by fusebox fusebox wrote:

fingers crossed for ya kev!!

it'll be worth it i promise!

Can't bloody wait mate, it's gonna take a crowbar to get my ass of that seat after the rent is stuck in the window and the front mudguard lands.... Let's hope for some good weather and Mr Carbofibre actually answers his phone and/or delivers my parts.Thumbs Up

I have ordered a slightly less p!$$ takingly small numberplate (still not "legal" - but who cares) - not long now...
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
fusebox View Drop Down
Admins Group
Admins Group
Aprilia performance boss bloke

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote fusebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2014 at 22:01
hehehe

rule number 3 of motorcycling ,£ thine steed should never be 100 % legal"

can't wait to hear about the maiden flight bud!

www.apriliaperformance.co.uk www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaspareparts.co.uk
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic