rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Chat > General Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Decided to have a change

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Decided to have a change
    Posted: 31 Oct 2013 at 15:42
Well having sold the Aprilia early this year and thinking the Triumph Tiger 800 might be good enough for the rest of my biking years. I have now sold it.  What have I bought.

A very low miles 6 thousand of them on a 1998 Mint and I mean MINT Fully Standard 996 Ducati In the best colour Red.
Having a few little jobs done before picking it up next week.  Then I will post some pics if I am still allowed on the Forum.    Maureen said If I wanted it buy it so we did.  One Life Live It.

Wink  WinkRide safe Guys and Gals.  Ken.
One life live it
adzed View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member
The Bad man!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adzed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2013 at 15:52
Talk about one extreme to the other Ken! Hope you're keeping well pal.

Cheers
Adam Thumbs Up
Ken View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2013 at 15:57
Originally posted by adzed adzed wrote:

Talk about one extreme to the other Ken! Hope you're keeping well pal.

Cheers
Adam Thumbs Up

Yes not bad buddy, still getting out on my pusher have been riding on average of 100 miles a week until last week. I think I am glad the weather has started to turn I might get a rest. Smile
Could not get on with the little bike mate if your having a bike have a real one.  Thanks for the reply stay safe buddy Ken.
One life live it
Spoonz View Drop Down
Admins Group
Admins Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spoonz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2013 at 15:59
I'm a Ducati rider and i'm still here.

I can't fit on a 916/996 though. My knees touch my chin in a tuck otherwise i might have owned one and never discovered an Rsv instead.
Ken View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2013 at 16:06
Originally posted by Spoonz Spoonz wrote:

I'm a Ducati rider and i'm still here.

I can't fit on a 916/996 though. My knees touch my chin in a tuck otherwise i might have owned one and never discovered an Rsv instead.

This will be the 5th Ducati I have owned. I decided to buy something that needs looking after and enjoy riding.
One life live it
Ape View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member
Moto nutter!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ape Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2013 at 18:23
Everyone likes a duker really mate....obviously people need pics !!

Good to hear youre doing ok buddy. Stay safe pal.
www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk

RIDE IT LIKE YA STOLE IT BOSS !!
twintorque View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twintorque Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2013 at 19:02
well, i suppose it IS an Italian v-twin so if we must turn a blind eye haha great bikes chap, enjoy!
four wheels move the body....two wheels move the soul!!

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Ken View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2013 at 19:41
Originally posted by Ape Ape wrote:

Everyone likes a duker really mate....obviously people need pics !!

Good to hear youre doing ok buddy. Stay safe pal.

Yes doing fine mate just have to be a little careful not to get over tired and stay away from infections.
The new bike is not home yet I will post pic when it gets here.  Good to read your post stay safe buddy regards Ken.
One life live it
Falconihlist View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Falconihlist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2013 at 19:50
NiceSmile I'm going the other direction, picking up a Gen 2 tomorrow and then off loading the 749S in the next few months.  Arm is killing me on it, and they aren't easily streetfightered unfortunately.  
The fastest colour is black, and yes I know my bike isn't but I still stand by it.

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Ken View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2013 at 20:33
Originally posted by Falconihlist Falconihlist wrote:

NiceSmile I'm going the other direction, picking up a Gen 2 tomorrow and then off loading the 749S in the next few months.  Arm is killing me on it, and they aren't easily streetfightered unfortunately.  
Never really got on with the 749 Just quit didn't fit with my liking nor did the 999. Ducati got this era wrong.  Good luck with the Ape get the right one and they are fantastic bikes.  Ride safe mate Ken.
One life live it
NickyBoy1984 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Exhaust freak!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickyBoy1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2013 at 11:46
Wey Hey, glad to hear you've got your self a bologne beastie Ken, please tell me it's got Termi's fitted Hahahaa!

Great to hear your doing alright Clap

NickyBoy Big smile
www.rsvr.net
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Ken View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2013 at 12:18
Originally posted by NickyBoy1984 NickyBoy1984 wrote:

Wey Hey, glad to hear you've got your self a bologne beastie Ken, please tell me it's got Termi's fitted Hahahaa!

NickyBoy Big smile

Yes not feeling to bad thanks. My only problem at the moment is I have to be careful not to get run down other wise it takes ages to recover. I thought the Duc would fit nice in the garage and give me something to play with instead of myself. Wink Looking forward to riding it tho. BOG standard I am afraid  so no Termi's.  Thanks for the reply Ken.

Question for ya, I am not getting mail to inform me of replies to threads etc ?  all boxes ticked so don't know why ?
One life live it
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Exhaust freak!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickyBoy1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2013 at 12:46
Oooo right, mine has been doing the same, I think it's a problem with hotmail, are you with them ?

NickyBoy Big smile
www.rsvr.net
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Ken View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2013 at 12:57

Oooo right, mine has been doing the same, I think it's a problem with hotmail, are you with them ?

NickyBoy Big smile

No tesco.net my other forums are fine. Never mind just have to keep checking back now and them. regards Ken. 
One life live it
Spoonz View Drop Down
Admins Group
Admins Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spoonz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2013 at 16:59
Originally posted by Ken Ken wrote:

NickyBoy Big smile

No tesco.net my other forums are fine. Never mind just have to keep checking back now and them. regards Ken. 
The whole forum is moving to a new host as email is one of several things we have no control over and are flakey.
Once everything is in place expect those issues to be gone and maybe new things happening to the site and better information flow to customers of AP.

It should have already happened but the existing host is dragging their heels doing their part to say the least.
Ken View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2013 at 18:35
Originally posted by Spoonz Spoonz wrote:

NickyBoy Big smile

The whole forum is moving to a new host as email is one of several things we have no control over and are flakey.
Once everything is in place expect those issues to be gone and maybe new things happening to the site and better information flow to customers of AP.

It should have already happened but the existing host is dragging their heels doing their part to say the least.

Thanks for the reply answers a question.
One life live it
Ken View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2013 at 14:47
Well here it is all ready to go.
One life live it
Wavestarved View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wavestarved Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2013 at 15:33
Still one of the sexiest looking bikes ever made.
I approve sir!
Ken View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2013 at 16:07
Originally posted by Wavestarved Wavestarved wrote:

Still one of the sexiest looking bikes ever made.
I approve sir!

Thank you my friend and this one will not devalue which is even better. I also like it.Thumbs Up
Ride safe buddy Ken.
One life live it
davidrsurfer View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidrsurfer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2013 at 16:09
Nice. Tried one before I bought the RSV but it wasn't a good un, ran rough & the history was a bit hooky which really turned me off them....but still lovely. Enjoy it Ken.
Motorcycle friendly self catering holiday apartment Acorn Studio. See us at Air bnb.
Big Jessie View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Jessie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2013 at 16:12

NickyBoy Big smile

Yes not feeling to bad thanks. My only problem at the moment is I have to be careful not to get run down other wise it takes ages to recover. I thought the Duc would fit nice in the garage and give me something to play with instead of myself. Wink Looking forward to riding it tho. BOG standard I am afraid  so no Termi's.  Thanks for the reply Ken.

Question for ya, I am not getting mail to inform me of replies to threads etc ?  all boxes ticked so don't know why ?
If you are worried about getting run down then cross the road quicker you doddering owd feker,use the green cross code,,,muppet heehee bikes nice wish i could ride [and afford one] after a long ride you should be able to nosh your own knob,,,instead of mine,,lots of love big jess,ps may put my vfr on here and little money for a tuono???
Ape View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member
Moto nutter!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ape Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2013 at 16:40
Sexy as that old bean...looks mint mate. That seat looks a touch comfier than the original though.
www.apriliaforum.co.uk

RIDE IT LIKE YA STOLE IT BOSS !!
Ken View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2013 at 16:42
 lots of love big jess,ps may put my vfr on here and little money for a tuono??? [/QUOTE]

How do our Jess,  Do it the Tuono is a great bike. I had one loved it. The only problem I had with it was I rode the bloody thing too fast. That sit up position for me and clearer view gives you great security however the bike will do everything you want it really can deliver. Do it.  Sent some pic to Hazel earlier.
Keep in touch you old scrote Wink  Ride safe Ken.
One life live it
Dazzer View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member
Scally

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dazzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2013 at 19:38
very nice indeed Ken, so are you going to leave her as is or do you plan to add a few mods? 

Ken View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2013 at 19:56
Originally posted by Dazzer Dazzer wrote:

very nice indeed Ken, so are you going to leave her as is or do you plan to add a few mods? 

As you see it now is how it will be ridden. I bought it as standard and intend to keep it. I will not be riding as much as I used to so his little baby will do nicely. However I will fit a power commander to smooth the beast out, it is a bit raw and lumpy. Good to hear from you. Its bit like old times with OUR Jessie posting his rude comments. Wink I keep in touch with Jess I miss riding with him. Glad he does not change, Mad as a Hatter.  Hope your family are well.  Ride safe my friend Ken.
One life live it
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Exhaust freak!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickyBoy1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2013 at 18:44
That bike looks gorgeous, very nice Ken. . . .

TERMI'S TERMI'S TERMI'S

Hahahaa!

NickyBoy Big smile
www.rsvr.net
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Ken View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2013 at 19:05
Originally posted by Ape Ape wrote:

Sexy as that old bean...looks mint mate. That seat looks a touch comfier than the original though.

Thank you my friend, Corbin Seat I fitted it this weekend. Glad you like it.Wink
One life live it
adzed View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member
The Bad man!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adzed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2013 at 19:09
Looks lovely that Ken!

Now get raking those leaves up!
Ken View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2013 at 19:40
Originally posted by adzed adzed wrote:

Looks lovely that Ken!

Now get raking those leaves up!

Bollock to the leaves, Been in the shed all weekend and strip cleaned the thing. Its looking nice now mateWink. Defo up to my Standard. LOL  
One life live it
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic