rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Aprilia Performance Offers & New Products > Shop Special Offers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Aprilia Performance Rearsets

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin_whittaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2014 at 00:04
Originally posted by damo46 damo46 wrote:

I think I will be ordering a set of these before the end of the month Tongue

They are made to order buddy, usually just a couple of weeks turn around. Ordered mine recently, should be ready soon.Big smile
www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk
boxer bloke View Drop Down
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boxer bloke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2014 at 20:32
Got mines fitted at AP service day at Andi RSV's place. Much better now, back brake that works and can now engage neutral at standstill every time .
Thumbs Up
how5er View Drop Down
World Superbike Star
World Superbike Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote how5er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2014 at 20:30
Ah well if I dont win the raffle then ill be snapping a set of these up ASAP!!!!
redratbike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2014 at 21:17
Originally posted by how5er how5er wrote:

Ah well if I dont win the raffle then ill be snapping a set of these up ASAP!!!!
always had a decent back brake since fitting these

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2015 at 17:54
I am going to be getting a set of rearsets in the next few weeks just waiting for the new airbox aswell. Probably a daft question but are these regarded as the best option they certainly look the nuts and from what I've read they sort the rear brake once and for all. Just wondered how they compare to some of the other options i e woodcraft, arrow, trw, giles?
twintorque View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twintorque Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2015 at 18:24
certainly one of, if not THE best option for the ape, fairly certain all parts are available separately in case you break owt during an off, all moving bits are rose jointed to prevent wear and best of all, they come from AP, so will have the best customer service of all!!
four wheels move the body....two wheels move the soul!!

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
fusebox View Drop Down
Admins Group
Admins Group
Aprilia performance boss bloke

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fusebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2015 at 19:17
simples…they're just the best there is bud!

www.apriliaperformance.co.uk www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaspareparts.co.uk
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2015 at 20:18
Good enough for me, soon as those airboxs are ready I'll be on the phone to order both. Thanks can't wait to get them fitted now been a job I've wanted to do for ages but kids sap funds finally got just about enough saved
Johnboy View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2015 at 20:41
Bad apple, if you don't do another mod ever, then do these they're awesome!
[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2015 at 21:07
Mmmmmm teasing me now.
Johnboy View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2015 at 21:24
Originally posted by badapple badapple wrote:

Mmmmmm teasing me now.

LOL get it spent, get it spent!!!!!
Tinyuk View Drop Down
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinyuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2015 at 15:30
Just ordered myself a set... seems everyone has been busy spending their christmas money as they are on order now and i am going to have to wait a couple of weeks for a fresh lot to come in. cant wait
ukmatt View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ukmatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2015 at 21:31
had mine a few years and they work as day 1
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2015 at 11:06
Stop teasing me!!!!!!!!!!
Tinyuk View Drop Down
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinyuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2015 at 14:39
any news on when the latest set will be in shop ready to go?
Sabre View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Ex Copper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sabre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2015 at 15:23
These are the mutts. Great design and Very well made. Your boots wont slip off of these babies.

Spoonz View Drop Down
Admins Group
Admins Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spoonz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2015 at 18:34
The rearsets are being dispatched next week I'm told so not long now.
wizbit View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wizbit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2015 at 10:19
Hey.

I've got a few questions about rear sets that maybe a few of you could be kind enough to help me out with?

1) What's the main advantage? Adjustabilty, better racing position etc?

2) As much as my bike is used for thrashing around the countryside, I do like using it to go touring a few times a year- so whats the peg position like for less race focused riding?

3) Does the lack of a hinged peg pose a danger to wrecking your leg etc if you have an off?

4) Lastly, does the peg act as a crash protector in an off or will it snap easy and/or will it bend the rear set before it's likely to snap itself?

Lot of questions I know but knowledge is power and all that!

Thanks,

Dave
SeanO View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeanO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2015 at 22:49
Adjustability is good, superb grip, comfortable for long rides, ( I'm 6'3" and I don't have a problem) but I've never subjected them to an off so I can't vouch for how they deal with that.
They look cool too....
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2015 at 22:54
Plus they relocate your brake mc so that it works as it should.
rsvmakkie View Drop Down
L Plates
L Plates

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rsvmakkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2016 at 15:35
Are these still availlable for a 2002 mille?
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2016 at 18:15
Originally posted by rsvmakkie rsvmakkie wrote:

Are these still availlable for a 2002 mille?
still available ring the shop..aprilia performance numbers at the top of the page

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
snowman View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2016 at 20:06
I fitted these to my 09tuono factory years ago you will not be disappointed, only mod was to reduce brake rod in length to get pedal height to my liking, best mod IMO
lukey1965 View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lukey1965 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2016 at 20:09
Had mine 18 months now. Still as good as new and back brake still works
Qui Audet Adipiscitur
kawaman21 View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kawaman21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2016 at 13:50
just want to make sure before i pull the pin on buying a set .

can they be adjusted to be lower than standard,my  knee joints are getting older,an inch lower would make a great difference.
an auzum twin
Johnboy View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2016 at 14:43
You can turn the mounting plate upside down, which drops the footpegs more, so yes you can lower them
Johnboy View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2016 at 14:45
This plate:

[IMG][/IMG]
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2016 at 15:52
good thinking I can do that on the bent pair I have for the falco woo hoo

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
kawaman21 View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kawaman21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2016 at 17:54
ok,great stuff,my creaky knee's thankyou!
an auzum twin
legend88 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2016 at 09:21
I mounted mine with the plate upside down. On a Gen1 you can get them as much as 50mm lower than standard if you do that. I don't think you can get as much as that on a Gen2 from what I've seen on here due to fouling with the exhaust link pipe.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic