rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Chat > General Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Looking at a new bike

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scoobmonkee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Looking at a new bike
    Posted: 10 Sep 2013 at 09:28
Talking to the wife last night and she said I don't need a car and bike so one has to go its an expense we can do without.
Ok . . . . .
bike it is then, I can spend about 10k on a bike to use all year round Big smile

Im looking a the BMW R 1200 GS, has anyone had any experiences or can suggest a good year round bike?
jonnie_r View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonnie_r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2013 at 09:41
How about the new Caponord??  You can pick up an ex demo for just above 10k, I'm sure you could probably do a better deal if you walked in with folding.

No experience of either the R1200 or Caponord sorry, just trying to give you ideas. Smile
adzed View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member
The Bad man!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adzed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2013 at 11:22
Or pay a grand for one of these and spend the rest on women and booze!

Pisses all over my mates GS too unless it needs to go off road that is! LOL
Stew9955 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien
Sergeant "Big Bore" Smash

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stew9955 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2013 at 11:36
New Caponord looks nice, plus it will give Griff something else to design new bits for.
www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk
        Get Griff'd

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2013 at 11:38
mate stay away from them German pieces of crap. if i got one given i would sell it honestly. my mate bought a brand new one and had to take it back for electrical issues,and the frame was rusting after a month,he keeps his bikes mint and looks after things ocd style so that wasnt the problem. in the end the dealer would not sort the frame situation out so he went to court and got all his money back and then went and bought a yam teneree 660 . he loves it and its ideal for touring .you dont need power for touring you need comfort and chill time;-).

what about this alot of bike for the money mate ..and it a twin ;-)

scoobmonkee View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scoobmonkee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2013 at 12:08
cool, cheers guys.

the Honda looks nice!!!!
pauloblade View Drop Down
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pauloblade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2013 at 12:30
I was in the same boat as you a couple of years ago. went for a gen1 tuono, never looked back since. ride it every day inc winter, perfect bike for all year round riding. still amazes me how well it cleans up- no rust anywhere. Thanks to acf-50 
scoobmonkee View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scoobmonkee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2013 at 16:22
Originally posted by pauloblade pauloblade wrote:

I was in the same boat as you a couple of years ago. went for a gen1 tuono, never looked back since. ride it every day inc winter, perfect bike for all year round riding. still amazes me how well it cleans up- no rust anywhere. Thanks to acf-50 

I have the milleono but if im commuting all year round I wanted something with a bit more dual purpose to it.
suppose I could always buy some chunkier tyres for the milleono . . choices . ....choices
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2013 at 18:24
I bought one of these for messing about on 142bh at wheel but dont bother with the s model wish i hadn't if your interested look at the standard model and just get the suspension sorted. They are good laugh and handle great you can get the pegs down no problem a 2011 one is about £7500 upwards for a tidy one.
Johnboy View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2013 at 20:09
Personally, for an all weather, all year round, fun and protection required, I'd have a VFR1200 Honda.
170 bhp, ABS ,TC, seriously quick and seriously comfortable.
You can get a year old one for £10k with no miles, and a sports exhaust sounds immense, Akra do an aftermarket job.

Good luck with whatever you choose though, just don't make it a GS, Jesus wept I do not see the point in those things! My opinion though!
Slackey View Drop Down
Forum Draw Master
Forum Draw Master
The Draw meister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slackey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2013 at 21:11
How about one of these? My mate has just bought a brand new one and he rides all year round in all weathers. The wet mode and ABS are fantastic by all accounts and believe me it shifts like the Millenium Falcon on max hyper drive when he pins the throttle.

And it could be yours for a little under £7300 from Preston Superbikes

http://prestonsuperbike.kawasakigb.com/useddetail.php?id=21960&make=Kawasaki&model=KAWASAKI%20ZX1400%20D9F%20ABS

Johnboy View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2013 at 21:16
Originally posted by Slackey Slackey wrote:

How about one of these? My mate has just bought a brand new one and he rides all year round in all weathers. The wet mode and ABS are fantastic by all accounts and believe me it shifts like the Millenium Falcon on max hyper drive when he pins the throttle.

http://prestonsuperbike.kawasakigb.com/useddetail.php?id=21960&make=Kawasaki&model=KAWASAKI%20ZX1400%20D9F%20ABS

Wow! That picture angle makes that look about 12 feet long!!!!
Slackey View Drop Down
Forum Draw Master
Forum Draw Master
The Draw meister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slackey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2013 at 21:17
To be fair they are pretty big. The original cans are like are like family sized wheelie bins though lol
Johnboy View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2013 at 21:21
Surely not bigger than a standard Gen1 Mille Scud missile?!
Slackey View Drop Down
Forum Draw Master
Forum Draw Master
The Draw meister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slackey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2013 at 21:30
About 100mm longer, and 70mm longer wheelbase, but it looks a lot bigger next to my Gen1
Wavestarved View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wavestarved Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2013 at 22:33
Originally posted by Slackey Slackey wrote:

But by Christ ya wouldn't want to look at it for long would ya? Jeez that's a minger!
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2013 at 15:39
Mate just been reading about the new mt 09 yam triple. Now that looks trick and bloody good money brand new.
adzed View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member
The Bad man!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adzed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2013 at 16:07
Originally posted by KAWASAKIINIT KAWASAKIINIT wrote:

Mate just been reading about the new mt 09 yam triple. Now that looks trick and bloody good money brand new.

He needs a mighty Divvy Dave! Wink
Johnboy View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2013 at 20:45
Just listen to Hitler:

http://youtu.be/iaB40TLQE8M
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2013 at 21:52
Adam he couldn't handle the warp drive bud.
adzed View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member
The Bad man!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adzed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2013 at 22:08
Originally posted by KAWASAKIINIT KAWASAKIINIT wrote:

Adam he couldn't handle the warp drive bud.

Maybe he could if he undertook the intensive training!
BrummyMax View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrummyMax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2013 at 22:36
I had a ride on a guys bike the other day. It really surprised me and was shed loads of fun. What was it?

A Kawasaki Versys 650.
Johnboy View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2013 at 22:40
Originally posted by BrummyMax BrummyMax wrote:

I had a ride on a guys bike the other day. It really surprised me and was shed loads of fun. What was it?

A Kawasaki Versys 650.

Ephadrine?
Stonesie View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stonesie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2013 at 22:59
Originally posted by BrummyMax BrummyMax wrote:

A Kawasaki Versys 650.

I know that you can't really see it while you're riding but that's one ugly bike.

If you want a fun smaller bike then get a test ride on a Street Triple R, not the prettiest thing but compared to that Kawasaki...
BrummyMax View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrummyMax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2013 at 23:30
Ive done loads of miles on a Stripple R. My mate in Bristol bought one in February and we've been away twice this year. Luxembourg and the Alps. We usually swap bikes a few times every day. They are excellent bikes, late brake and chuck it in type of thing. The Versys is also an excellent bike, different kind of thing though! It wheelies off the throttle in 2nd gear.
martuk View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2013 at 16:33
KTM 990 ;)
█╬╬╬╬(•)i¯i▀▀▀▀▀█Ξ███████████████████████████████)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic