rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Chat > General Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Meta 357T dead so gotta bypass or remove

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimgreg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Meta 357T dead so gotta bypass or remove
    Posted: 19 Aug 2013 at 21:16
If anyone has done this some help would be much appreciated guys, thanks
scoobmonkee View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scoobmonkee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2013 at 21:17
no but I have one if you want to plug another in. I also have the key fobs
jimgreg View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimgreg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2013 at 21:20
Scoob that would be great but we miles away, still gotta figure out how to undo the one way screws yet lol
th3judderman View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote th3judderman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2013 at 21:20
Go to the zone, do not pass go do not collect £200 

Lol you'll get the above if you have ever plaid Monopoly :-p

I've just posted all this info on the zone for someone though, pinouts the whole lot :)

Fu*ked sprag? If you need a hand in Liverpool give me a shout (tools / knowledge)
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scoobmonkee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2013 at 21:21
I can post it that's not a problem Wink
I hate alarms never again will a bike I own have one fitted Tongue
jimgreg View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimgreg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2013 at 21:23
Judderman have you awesome do you have a link please mate

Scoob, Find them that bad? I liked it until it died lol ... how much mate?
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scoobmonkee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2013 at 21:24
I had a gsxr with 1 on and it stranded me a million miles from home, ever since then I steer clear.
£25 posted? can get it to you Thursday if collected tomorrow Smile
jimgreg View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimgreg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2013 at 21:27
Scob might be a plan, does the battery die on them when they not used? Dont wanna plug it in and have the same problem
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote th3judderman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2013 at 21:27
Originally posted by scoobmonkee scoobmonkee wrote:

I had a gsxr with 1 on and it stranded me a million miles from home, ever since then I steer clear.

Haha totally going in for the sell there telling him you had one strand you LOL

Things are completely easy to bypass, they don't even make it hard. Bridge one to two, three to four and that's the alarm and imob both bypassed. (I make a point of knowing this for the exact reason of being scared it'll leave me in the middle of wales one day)
Fu*ked sprag? If you need a hand in Liverpool give me a shout (tools / knowledge)
jimgreg View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimgreg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2013 at 21:29
Now i got alarm fear what to do .... help
jimgreg View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimgreg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2013 at 21:31
Do i bypass and leave it or fit Scoobs ... hmmmm ... could always lean the bypass incase i get stuck again and fit Scoobs of course
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scoobmonkee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2013 at 21:32
Originally posted by th3judderman th3judderman wrote:

Originally posted by scoobmonkee scoobmonkee wrote:

Haha totally going in for the sell there telling him you had one strand you LOL

Things are completely easy to bypass, they don't even make it hard. Bridge one to two, three to four and that's the alarm and imob both bypassed. (I make a point of knowing this for the exact reason of being scared it'll leave me in the middle of wales one day)

ha ha ha its just sat there hanging up attached to the wiring loom
jimgreg View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimgreg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2013 at 21:35
I might have it mate and learn the bypass .. keeps insurance  down and peace of mind when its out side the flat not in my bro's garage ... do you know how old your one is mate?
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2013 at 21:40
Originally posted by jimgreg jimgreg wrote:

Scob might be a plan, does the battery die on them when they not used? Dont wanna plug it in and have the same problem

Not sure about that but they do have a finite lifespan and after that you can throw them away as they're so well encapsulated you can't get inside them to replace.

Any 357T will be at the end of it's lifespan now as they were superseded by the V2 around 2005 I think.

Mine lasted from 2003 until a year or so ago when the battery died and I ripped it out,the people I got the info from thought it had done well to get to that age. 
www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk

Looking forward to the next track day
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote th3judderman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2013 at 21:41
It's a good deal mate I'll say that, a direct replacement unit is available for £160ish so that price is good. Long as the internal battery hasn't gone belly up, they can't be replaced hence a lot of people ripping the alarms out and binning them.
jimgreg View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimgreg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2013 at 19:26
So have followed the PIN OUT instructions and connected wires 1&2 and 3&4, the bikes now turns over so progress but it doesnt fire up yet and there is no 'servo' sound on turn of the key. Any help would be much apprechiated

Thanks
gregorious77 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gregorious77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2013 at 20:14
My insurance was £5 more with no alarm.
It was cut out on renewal day!
jimgreg View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimgreg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2013 at 20:19
How long did it take mate?
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gregorious77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2013 at 20:20
You sure you got 1 and 2 as the diagram is viewed from the back of the plug so if you got it mixed up you may have connected 6+5 and 3+4.
This makes sense as you will have bridged the crank relay but not the engine one!!!
Go check and fix
jimgreg View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimgreg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2013 at 20:21
When you say back of plug do you mean from the wires out side?
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gregorious77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2013 at 20:22
yup

jimgreg View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimgreg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2013 at 20:23
May be that's the problem then have I got enough light to check?
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gregorious77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2013 at 20:23
or else you connected the indicators together
jimgreg View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimgreg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2013 at 20:23
Lol
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gregorious77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2013 at 20:24
torch, snips ans teeth to strip the wires. twist together and tape up for full on sh*te bodge
jimgreg View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimgreg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2013 at 20:25
Might get up early and do it then i can play tomorrow
jimgreg View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimgreg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2013 at 20:37
What a pillock i am ... she lives :)
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gregorious77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2013 at 21:28
Yay. Was I correct?
jimgreg View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimgreg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2013 at 21:46
yes mate thanks so much
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote th3judderman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2013 at 22:39
Sorry just come back to this an missed that post asking for the linkthe first time. Told you they're easy to bypass, makes you wonder what the point is.

Glad you're sorted anyways.. today I've fitted new c&s an sprocket bareings... some complete knob had fitted the sprocket retaining bolts with loctite for the sprag... yet another reason I do my own work for the most part!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic