rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RSV / RSVR / FACTORY > General Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Got me bigbore kit now

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 15>
Author
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tapmyhed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Got me bigbore kit now
    Posted: 11 Jul 2013 at 15:02
And now I'm really scared......Confused

2 things, I fook up the engine in the fitting or I fook me up with the sheer shock of it working well.

Big thanks to Tash for the supply.

1103cc  giddy with excitement.  LOL

I will try to do a detailed build report....pic by pic.  So keep yer eyes peeled.Tongue
Factory 04
Big Bore Whore
tapmyhed View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tapmyhed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2013 at 15:03
I went with steel lined too, incase you were going to ask.....
Factory 04
Big Bore Whore
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2013 at 18:19
Sounds good,I'm tempted myself.
www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk

Looking forward to the next track day
v60rsvr View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote v60rsvr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2013 at 18:29
steel lined shreddies you will need em!Smile
redratbike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2013 at 19:28
Go on then how much?

www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
w00dzy View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote w00dzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2013 at 23:33
Ooo very interested in this..

What are the lining choices and kit prices?
BrewBitch View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrewBitch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2013 at 11:23
w00dzy we do them at Aprilia Performance Smile  call the shop and speak to Griff Big smile he can let you in on all the improvements Wink 

You Only Have One Life.....Live It!
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2013 at 12:44
Originally posted by BrewBitch BrewBitch wrote:

w00dzy we do them at Aprilia Performance Smile  call the shop and speak to Griff Big smile he can let you in on all the improvements Wink 
just post it all up here Wink

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2013 at 15:15
Good idea that Clap

They we can all go and empty our whisky bottles or whatever others use as a piggy bank and see how much extra we need to find.
www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk

Looking forward to the next track day
Rtomo View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rtomo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2013 at 20:32
i would love a big bore for the race bike ... show up some il4's!! i wanna know power figures and reliability issues first though :p
06 RSVR Racer ... If its too loud ... your too old!!
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
wigginsjp View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wigginsjp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2013 at 20:51
expect over 140bhp from either kit Griff or Tash does. Few lads race with the 1060cc kit and had no issues at all.
The torque increase will be the most noticeable however.
At this rate will there be a standard RSV on this site? LOL
Philly46 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Philly46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2013 at 02:50
Come winter I will happily throw money at whoever can build me a 150BHP/85ft.lb (or near as) motor for my Gen1.
Rtomo View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rtomo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2013 at 06:05
hmmm 1060 seems a bit of a cop out ... 1100 sounds better to me :p
do you need new con rods or is it just pistons and rebore ??
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2013 at 08:47
Originally posted by Philly46 Philly46 wrote:

Come winter I will happily throw money at whoever can build me a 150BHP/85ft.lb (or near as) motor for my Gen1.
ha ha good lad ..don't forget southern cross he's built a few in his time he knows what he is talking about.

Gen 1 needs head work and cams as well as 57's and pc3 to hit the numbers you want so add that into the equation if its not a race bike hampered by clas rules Or fit gen 2 heads as they flow much better to begin with and would probably work out cheaper than paying out to have the head work done.little bit of machine work needed on the front head and need a gen1 valve cover .

Kent cams are approx £275 exchange ..they offer 3 types of grind.

Or go big bore on a gen2 engine and slot that into your gen1

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Philly46 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Philly46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2013 at 21:26
Already got the PC3 and 57mm TB's on my 2003 RSV in preparation. Anything can be done as it'll be my road bike, just want something to scare the sh*t out of RC8's, 999's and 10/1198's.
wigginsjp View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wigginsjp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2013 at 21:49
Should be scaring 999's already? Wink A big bore should see the rest worried also. For around £1500 you have a new bike.
Rtomo View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rtomo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2013 at 22:47
I pissed rings around an RC8 on my last track day ... he shouldnt have been in the inters to be fair but even on the gas he didnt have an answer ... still want a big bore though ;)
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Stew9955 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien
Sergeant "Big Bore" Smash

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stew9955 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2013 at 14:44
Originally posted by redratbike redratbike wrote:

[QUOTE=Philly46]Or go big bore on a gen2 engine and slot that into your gen1

Didn't think they fitted in the Gen 1 frame?
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
        Get Griff'd

Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2013 at 22:21
Originally posted by Stew9955 Stew9955 wrote:

Originally posted by redratbike redratbike wrote:

[QUOTE=Philly46]<span style="line-height: 1.4;">Or go big bore on a gen2 engine and slot that into your gen1
</span>
<span style="line-height: 1.4;">
</span>
<span style="line-height: 1.4;">Didn't think they fitted in the Gen 1 frame?</span>
oh yes they do ....woo hoo

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
tapmyhed View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tapmyhed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2013 at 12:14
I'm back from my jolly in Spain with Red Tread.....off roading fun...look em up on web.
I have not started the job yet....but as an idea of prep, I have a loose low milage Gen 2 engine to mod.  You would also need a PC-V with self tune per pot....did this mod last year.  Everything else is standard, including the injectors.

What gets replaced:
Pistons
Piston pins
Rings
Sleeves.
Head gasket.

Thats it....no head work, no cam work.

With respect for Tash, I wont post the price I paid for it as I did get a deal....these things always personal anyway.

I'm hoping to start the job within the next couple of weeks....tear down will be quick as I need to send my sleeves back to Tash ASAP...its an exchange.  After that, I'll take my time, make some changes, and do a few checks on the 'newish' engine whilst its on the bench.....sprag, clutch etc.

At the moment, I got to wait for my wrist to sort itself out....off roading is fun, but you do land on yer ass once or twice.

Totally recommend Red Tread if you fancy a solid 3 day off roading experiance...the spanish off road routes are mental, best fun I've had in years for sure!
Factory 04
Big Bore Whore
tapmyhed View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tapmyhed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2013 at 12:15
If you do Red Tread, you'll love the river run on the second day.....MENTAL!
Factory 04
Big Bore Whore
ForzaApriliaRacing View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member
The eprom guy!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ForzaApriliaRacing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2013 at 22:48
I was talking to Don a while back

The RSV they had at Southern Cross was making over 150 BHP

I think at the time it was the quickest one around
Forza Aprilia Racing
www.forzaapriliaracing.co.uk
w00dzy View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote w00dzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2013 at 23:09
Mmmmm big bore (best homer voice)
BomberHarris View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BomberHarris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2013 at 19:21
Must admit.... this thread has got me moist.... £1500 ish you say??? Hmmmmm 
Hitler said " When captured I want these Men Dead!!"
Warms View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Warms Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2013 at 19:28
Originally posted by Rtomo Rtomo wrote:

I pissed rings around an RC8 on my last track day ... he shouldnt have been in the inters to be fair but even on the gas he didnt have an answer ... still want a big bore though ;)
Yeah I did that too, and his mate on an rsv4, at Snett of all places, well until the bloody straight came along Angry,  them rsv4's are rapid LOL.
tapmyhed View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tapmyhed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2013 at 15:02
I'VE STARTED!
One bore is off now.  Spent a while yesterday bracing up my bench to put the engine on it.   Engine was 2nd hand off ebay.....wasn't sure of the state.  Very happy with what I found, nice and neat inside, bore looks very low milage.  Signs of the dreaded stator burning though, so will have to whip that out.....and check the sprag.

So far, front head is off, bore out and piston off.  Doing the rear one tonight.

Only 'spanner' in the works is I need an open ended spanner torque wrench.....you cant get a socket on the head nuts....dang.

Once the rear head is off I might as well check the valve clearances both heads....should not be out on 1500 miles.

Once I get the heads back on later this week I hope, I'll get on with the cam timing...106/109 by all accounts....waiting for my DTI to arrive to be able to do that....oh and the base gaskets that you dont get in the kit....might as well put new ones in.

I'm all excited...but equally scared I'll either fook it up on the bench or fook it up on the ride!
Factory 04
Big Bore Whore
Rtomo View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rtomo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2013 at 22:10
finally started!! 

we have been waiting for this fella!! dont forget pics please dude ... and please explain the whole cam timing setup stuff ... new to me but keen on learning :p
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Tifa View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien
I am Sparticus, only uglier

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tifa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2013 at 22:55
Yep....pics please chap Smile
w00dzy View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote w00dzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2013 at 23:25
Pics please and second the cam timing explanation..

tapmyhed View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tapmyhed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2013 at 23:46
Cam timing not hard...just need a dti to measure lift point of opening and lift point of closing. about .5 mm each end, at each point you need to measure crank angle. You looking to fing lobe centre and thats what 106/109 represents. Once i suss it ill post it up.
Factory 04
Big Bore Whore
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 15>
  Share Topic